In order to maximize rewards and minimize costs, you should open a credit card that has no annual fees. Although you might not get as many benefits or a large welcome bonus, cards with no fees are still very valuable. Be sure to keep reading to learn about the best credit cards with no annual fees.
Additionally, check out our list of the best credit card bonuses here.
Best Cards With No Annual Fees
Although the Citi Double Cash Card doesn’t come with any big bonus or perks, it is worth taking into account if you want a basic rewards card.
Additionally, you can convert your cash rewards to Citi ThankYou points (if you have a card that earns Citi points) to transfer to airline partner programs.
With the Citi® Double Cash Card - 18 month BT offer:
Earn cash back twice. Earn 2% on every purchase with unlimited 1% cash back when you buy, plus an additional 1% as you pay for those purchases. To earn cash back, pay at least the minimum due on time.
Balance Transfer Only Offer: 0% intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 18.99% - 28.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
This card comes with no annual fee.
There are quarterly bonus categories for the Chase Freedom Flex that reward you with a high cash back earning rate. Every three months, these groups are rotated and you have to remember to activate them in order to earn your bonus cash back.
Convert your cash back into Chase Ultimate Rewards points (if you have a card that earns Ultimate Rewards) to increase your redemption power, and transfer them to a partner loyalty program.
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 19.24% - 27.99%.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.
The Bank Of America Cash Rewards Credit Card has a flexible rewards structure that lets you choose your cashback bonus category every quarter.
Similar to other BofA cards, you can use the Preferred Rewards program to give your earnings a boost. If you’re a Preferred Rewards Platinum Honors member, this option is considered to be the most rewarding cash back card out there with no annual fee.
The most generous travel rewards card on the market with no annual fee is the Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card. There is a decent sign-up bonus, a 0% intro APR period and points on a wide variety of spending.
For beginning travelers who want a low-cost card to receive miles with any purchase, the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card is a great choice. It is great because you can pass these miles to airline partners, boosting the future value of your rewards.
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Card offers 20,000 miles once you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel.
Enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months; 19.74% - 29.74% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months.
• 1.25 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day.
• 5 Miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
This card comes with no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees which is a great choice as your go-to travel card!
For great reasons, the Hilton Honors American Express Card takes the top spot for non-annual-fee hotel cards. It has a relatively high sign-up incentive, it has plenty of types of incentive spending, and it earns you elite status for instant Hilton Honors.
The Hilton Honors American Express Card offers 70,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points and a Free Night Reward after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
• 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel and resorts within the Hilton Honors portfolio of brands.
• 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations
• 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
This card comes with annual fee and no foreign transaction fees, so you can enjoy international travel without additional fees on purchases made abroad. (See Rates & Fees)
For a non-annual fee card, the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card offers outstanding return on dining, entertainment, and groceries. In addition, the categories of dining and entertainment are widely defined and include restaurants, takeouts, concerts, sports events, tourist attractions and more.
The Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time $200 cash bonus after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months; 19.74% - 29.74% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months.
• 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart® and Target®), plus 1% on all other purchases.
• Unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options. Terms apply.
• 10% cash back on purchases made through Uber & Uber Eats, plus complimentary Uber One membership statement credits through 11/14/2024
• 8% cash back on Capital One Entertainment purchases
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
The Discover It Student Cash Back, like the Chase Freedom, has revolving bonus categories that receive cash back at a generous rate. Additionally, Discover will match all the cash back you won at the end of your first year. This card is intended for students who are new to credit cards or have experience with them.
The Ink Business Cash Credit Card is suitable for small companies that invest heavily in office supplies or telecommunications services. It also has a large sign-up bonus and 0% APR introductory period.
The Ink Business Cash® Credit Card offers $750 bonus cash back after you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year, 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year, & 1% cash back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn.
This card comes with no annual fee. You'll be able to take advantage of employee cards at no additional cost.
- The Best Hotel Credit Cards For Travel Benefits + Rewards
- The Best Travel Credit Cards: Rewards and Benefits
- Best Credit Cards For Restaurant Purchases
- Best Credit Cards for Supermarket & Grocery Store Purchases
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards
If you are looking for a simple card with no annual fees, hopefully you have now been informed about the best ones out there. Although they might not offer the best welcome bonuses or benefits, you can still find some great no-annual-fees cards that match your needs.
In addition, we have a list of bank promotions to get some extra cash in your pockets today. You may also want to check out savings accounts if you want to get started on saving up money.
Leave a Reply