Find all the latest PNC Bank promotions, bonuses, and offers here.
You will find PNC Bank Checking, Savings offers from $200, $400, and $500 offer bonuses.
Table of Contents
- 1 PNC Bank Review
- 2 PNC Bank $200/$300 Virtual Wallet Checking Bonus
- 3 PNC Bank $200/$500 Business Checking Bonus
- 4 Checking Account Bonuses
- 5 Virtual Wallet Account
- 6 PNC Bank Checking Alternatives
- 7 How to Avoid PNC Bank Checking Account Fees
- 8 Savings Account Offers
- 9 PNC Bank Savings Alternatives
- 10 Author’s Verdict
PNC Bank Review
PNC Bank has been helping their clients meet their financial goals for more than 160 years. They have a longstanding history of serving their customers, communities, and shareholders and have spread to over 20 states and 2,700 bank locations.
- Promotion Links:
- Account Type: Virtual Wallet, Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend, Virtual Wallet with Performance Select, PNC Business Checking, PNC Business Checking Plus, or Analysis Business Checking (including Treasury Enterprise Plan) account.
- Availability: AL, DC, DE, FL, GA IL, IN, KY, MI, MO, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, SC, VA, WI, WV
- Branches: 2,700+ Branches (Bank Locator)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull via ChexSystems
- Direct Deposit Options: Many Options.
PNC Bank $200/$300 Virtual Wallet Checking Bonus
- What you’ll get: $200/$300 bonus
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- How to earn it:
- $200/$300 Bonus:
- You may earn a $300 reward if you open a new Virtual Wallet with Performance Select
- You may earn a $200 reward if you open a new Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend
- To qualify for the reward, the new Virtual Wallet product must be opened online via the application links on this page OR in a branch using the appropriate coupon beginning 3/2/21 through 6/30/21
- Have a qualifying Direct Deposit(s) must be received within the first 60 days.
- $200/$300 Bonus:
- When it expires: 06/31/2021
(Expires June 31, 2021)
Furthermore, I would compare this offer to some of the best offers available for entry level checking accounts. Current bonuses such as Chase Total Checking ($200 Bonus), HSBC Advanced Checking ($200 Bonus), Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking® ($150 Bonus), Huntington 5 Checking ($200 Bonus) as well as the TD Bank Convenience Checking ($150 Bonus) are all fantastic offers.
PNC Bank $200/$500 Business Checking Bonus
- What you’ll get: $200 bonus
- Where it’s available: AL, DC, DE, FL, GA IL, IN, KY, MI, MO, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, SC, VA, WI, and WV
- How to earn it:
- $200 Bonus:
- Open a new qualifying business checking account
- Be sure to maintain a minimum average cycle balance of $5,000 for each of the first three statement cycles.
- Have at least 20 total qualifying PNC Bank Visa® Debit Card transactions within the first three statement cycles.
- $500 Bonus:
- Open a qualifying Treasury Enterprise Plan or Analysis Business Checking account
- Have and maintain a minimum average cycle balance of $30,000 for each of the first three statement cycles.
- $200 Bonus:
- When it expires: 03/31/2021
(Expires March 31, 2021)
Furthermore, I’d recommend checking out Chase Total Business Checking ($300 Bonus), Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking ($750 Bonus), Huntington Unlimited Business Checking ($400 Bonus), as well as the Huntington Business Checking 100 ($200 Bonus).
PNC Bank has 2,600 branches in 19 states primarily in the East coast. Checking accounts offer a unique Virtual Wallet feature with financial tools to help achieve goals and best yet account fees are easily waived by meeting account balance or direct deposit requirements.
Checking Account Bonuses
PNC Bank frequently offers cash bonuses for new checking customers. Some deals are only available for residents of select States, so make sure you read the fine print carefully.
All PNC Bank checking accounts offer free online banking, bill pay, and mobile deposits.
Virtual Wallet Account
This is PNC Bank’s signature product. This can be paired with any of PNC Bank’s checking accounts. Continue reading to see all the wonderful features:
- Checking & Savings Together: You get a checking account (Spend), a short-term savings (Reserve), and a high-interest savings (Growth) account. These accounts are designed to help achieve your current banking needs and short-term and long-term goals.
- Financial tools: This is the biggest perk of the Virtual Wallet account. There are a variety of financial tools to help you create a budget, keep track of your spending, set up goals, save, get “danger days” alerts, and more.
- Automatic overdraft protection: If you overdraw your Spend account, funds from your Reserve account will automatically be transferred to cover the overdraft. If you need it, your Growth account can serve as your secondary overdraft protection account.
- Earn relationship rates: When you meet certain debit cards or direct deposit requirements, you’ll earn the higher relationship rate on your Growth account for the following month.
- ATM fee reimbursement: Depending on which Virtual Wallet account you have, you can have some or all of non-PNC ATM fees reimbursed.
PNC Bank Checking Alternatives
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $150 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost or worn debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements and TD Bank Mobile Deposit, with 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada – plus 24/7 Live Customer Service
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans
How to Avoid PNC Bank Checking Account Fees
PNC Bank offers these standard checking accounts:
- Standard Checking. The $7 monthly service fee can be waived if you: maintain an average account balance of $500, OR have combined monthly direct deposits of at least $500, OR are age 62 or older.
- Performance Checking. The $15 monthly service fee can be waived if you: maintain an average account balance of $2,000, OR have combined monthly direct deposits of at least $2,000 ($1,000 for WorkPlace Banking or Military Banking customers), OR have a combined balance of at least $10,000 in PNC deposit accounts, loans, and investments.
- Performance Select Checking. The $25 monthly service fee can be waived if you: maintain an average account balance of $5,000, OR have combined monthly direct deposits of at least $5,000, OR have a combined balance of at least $25,000 in PNC deposit accounts and investments.
In addition to standard checking, PNC Bank also offers these Virtual Wallet checking + savings accounts:
- Virtual Wallet Checking. The $7 monthly service fee can be waived if you: maintain an average monthly balance of $500 in Spend and Reserve, OR have at least $500 in direct deposits per month to the Spend, OR are a qualified student, OR are age 62 or older.
- Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend. The $15 monthly service fee can be waived if you: maintain an average monthly balance of $2,000 in Spend and Reserve, OR have at least $2,000 in direct deposits per month to the Spend ($1,000 for WorkPlace Banking or Military Banking customers), OR have a combined balance of at least $10,000 in PNC deposit accounts, loans, and investments.
- Virtual Wallet with Performance Select. The $25 monthly service fee can be waived if you: maintain an average monthly balance of $5,000 in Spend and Reserve, OR have at least $5,000 in direct deposits per month to the Spend, OR have a combined balance of at least $25,000 in PNC deposit accounts and investments.
- Virtual Wallet Student. There is no monthly service fee with proof of active student status for 6 years.
Savings Account Offers
- Standard Savings – 0.01% APY (0.05% APY – 0.10% APY Relationship rates) Minimum deposit of $25. $5 monthly service charge unless you have
- 1) $300 monthly average monthly balance, or 2) if you are under 18 years old, or 3) set up an Auto Savings transfer of $25 or more each month from your PNC Checking account to your Savings account;
- High Yield Savings 2.35% APY No minimum balance. No minimum deposit. $0 Monthly charge. The minimum balance to earn interest is $1.00.
- CD – 0.04% – 1.55% APY. Minimum deposit $1,000 – $10,000 (depending on account type and term). Terms range from 7 days to 10 years.
- Money Market 0.02% – 0.16% APY. The minimum deposit is $100. The maximum deposit is $10,000. A monthly service charge of $12 unless you have a $5,000 average monthly balance.
PNC Bank Savings Alternatives
-Available nationwide - paired with phenomenal customer service
-Get 0.40% APY on your funds with no minimum requirements & no monthly fees!
-No hidden fees. No minimum balance to open.
-It's your money. Use it when and how you want.
-Deposit checks on the go or grow your savings with automatic transfers.
-Move money in and out of your savings account easily and securely.
-View your savings account balance and activity online or with mobile app.
-Get started and open a Discover Savings Account in 3 easy steps.
PNC Bank is offering a wide variety of promotions for Checking, Savings and Business accounts with fairly easy requirements. In my opinion, these bonuses are enticing considering they are soft pull, meaning it won’t hurt your credit score. I would highly recommend you thoroughly read the requirements for each bonus in order to earn the full promotion.
*Definitely check back at this review for more PNC Bank promotions, bonuses and offers.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|BBVA Free Checking + Savings||$250 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$100 Cash||Review|