The UnitedSM Explorer Business Card currently has a promotion of will earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. You can earn 2 United Club one time passes on each account anniversary. If you want to know more about this card and benefits, continue reading this review.
The United MileagePlus Explorer® Business Credit Card is most compatible with business people who frequently travel with United Airlines, but it also allows you to earn 2 miles per $1 spent on things in certain categories as well as 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
United Explorer Business Card Summary
With the UnitedSM Explorer Business Card:
• Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
• This card offers $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95 thereafter.
• Earn 2X miles per $1 at restaurants, gas stations and office supply stores & 2X miles per $1 on United purchases
• Earn 1X mile per $1 on all other purchases
• Get a free checked bag - savings up to $120 per roundtrip (see terms)
• Get (2) one-time United ClubSM passes every year (amounts to more than a $100 value)
• Enjoy priority boarding for you & companions on the same reservation on United-operated flights
• Get employee cards at no additional cost
Learn More About This Card Here
With the UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, you can earn 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases from United and on purchases at restaurants, gas stations, and office supply stores. All the purchases made for these product must be either from United or qualifying locations for restaurants, gas stations, and office supply stores.
Additionally, you will earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
There is no cap on the amount of miles you are able to earn, and there is no expiration for the miles.
There are a plethora of areas you are able to redeem your points such as travel, shopping, gift cards, and experiences.
For instance, you can use the miles when booking a rental car with Hertz®, DollarTM and many other car rental agencies as well as book award travel on Star Alliance. You can use your miles to book cruises on top cruise lines. If you enjoy staying at top hotels, these miles work for the Ritz Carlton, Marriott, World of Hyatt, and so many more.
In terms of shopping, use your miles to buy Apple® products like the iPad, Apple Watch, MacBook and more. Make purchases from their thousands of qualifying products such as electronics, housewares, jewelry and more.
The gift cards that are included for these miles are Walmart, Starbucks, and so many more.
Overall, I would suggest using miles earned on United services such as tickets because miles a One-way Saver Award travel starts as low as 12,500 miles within the continental U.S. and Canada.
United Explorer Business Cardholder Benefits
The UnitedSM Explorer Business Card has many benefits such as free first checked bag, priority boarding, and Premier upgrades on award tickets. Cardholder’s are able to earn the following:
United ClubSM: Each card anniversary year is an opportunity to earn 2 United ClubSM passes, which are valued at $100 each. With this pass, you are allowed one stay at any United Club location. At United Clubs you are given free beverages,food, and many amenities such as work spaces and so much more!
Free Employee Cards: Add as many employees as you wish, and the purchases made on their cards will accrue in your account! This will allow you to earn points faster. Additionally, you can set spending limits on each card.
Travel & Purchase Protection: With this card, you have many protections against travel issues.
- Trip cancellation insurance is included with this card meaning that if your trip is canceled or cut short by weather, illness, or any covered situation, you will be reimbursed up to $10,000 per person and $20,000 per trip for your pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses, including passenger fares, tours, and hotels.
- Baggage Delay insurance reimburses you for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over 6 hours by passenger carrier up to $100 a day for 3 days. If you or an immediate family member check or carry on luggage that is damaged or lost by the carrier, you’re covered up to $3,000 per passenger. If you have trouble or have had trouble with travel, these benefits will insure that you have protections from the unsteady world of travel.
No Foreign Transactions: This card allows you to earn miles for your purchases as well as have no foreign transaction fees.
With the UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, you can earn travel rewards faster when you factor in the free employee cards that are allowed to be added to your account.
You will also receive perks such as a free first checked bag — worth up to $100 on a round trip travel — and have priority boarding.
In addition to these benefits, you will receive 2 United Club passes each year as a cardholder. This allows you to enjoy complimentary food and drinks and such.
So far these features have well over covered the $95 annual fee already, which is waived the first year too. Overall, this is a great card choice for those who frequently travel for business and fly with United often.
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to also visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses.
Learn more about this card here.