With the Chase Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card, you’ll earn a $500 bonus cash back when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. You’ll also receive up to 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year! In addition, you get all these perks for no annual fee! Continue to read below to find out more about this card and what it has to offer.
Chase Bank offers great bonuses with their Checking/Savings accounts also!
Table of Contents
- 1 Chase Ink Business Cards
- 2 Chase Ink Business Cash Card Summary
- 3 Chase Ink Business Cash Card – Earn $500 Cash Back
- 4 Earning Cash Back
- 5 Redeeming Cash Back
- 6 Ultimate Rewards Airline/Hotel 1:1 Point Transfer Partners
- 7 Tip: Additional UR Bonus Points With Sapphire℠ Checking
- 8 Ink Business Cash Credit Card – Top Features
- 9 Cardholder Benefits
- 10 Author’s Verdict
- 11 Alternative Credit Cards Options
Chase Ink Business Cards
Since Chase has three different Ink Business cards, the Ink Business Cash Credit Card, Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card and Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, here is a convenient chart that shows the benefits of them.
Chase Ink Business Cash Card Summary
The Chase Ink Business CashSM Card offers $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year, 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year, & % cash back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn.
This card comes with no annual fee. You'll be able to take advantage of employee cards at no additional cost & the 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases.
Chase Ink Business Cash Card – Earn $500 Cash Back
After hitting the $3,000 threshold in the first 3 months of opening your account, you can earn $500 cash back. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these points.
This bonus is presented in the form of Ultimate Reward Points that can be redeemed for cash back or travel expenses. If you redeem your travel expenses through the Ultimate Rewards Portal, it will be the same value.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning Cash Back
You can earn 5% back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year. You’ll also earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year, and you’ll get a 1% cash back on everything else.
There is no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn. You’re rewarded just for using your card for whatever you spend on. Plus, your cash back won’t expire as long as your account is open.
Redeeming Cash Back
You can redeem your cash back for statement credits, gift cards, travel expenses, and merchandise from participating retailers.
I highly recommend always redeeming your cash back for statement credits. They simply reduce your account balance, and will always provide the full value of $1 for every $1 in cash back that you earned.
Other methods will offer varying redemption values, and you typically won’t get the full $1 for every $1 that you earned. They also take a while to process and are more of a hassle, so stick with statement credits.
If you have multiple Chase credit cards, you can pool your Ultimate Rewards points as long as the card participates in the Ultimate Rewards program and the pooled accounts are in good standing. If you have a certain card, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card or the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, you can then transfer your Ultimate Rewards points to Chase’s travel partners.
Your Ultimate Rewards points will be typically transferred at a 1-to-1 ratio. But, depending on which partner you transfer your points to, you could get even more value for your redemption. Travel partners are subject to change, but these include Southwest Rapid Rewards and Marriott Bonvoy.
Once you move your points to an account that earns Ultimate Rewards, you can transfer them to one of Chase’s travel partners. Or, you can book travel directly through the Chase portal. Your Ultimate Rewards points will be typically transferred at a 1-to-1 ratio. But, depending on which partner you transfer your points to, you could get even more value for your redemption.
Ultimate Rewards Airline/Hotel 1:1 Point Transfer Partners
|Airline Transfer Partners||Hotel Transfer Partners|
|Aer Lingus AerClub||IHG Rewards Club|
|British Airways Executive Club||Marriott Bonvoy (Previously Marriott Rewards)|
|Flying Blue AIR FRANCE KLM||The Ritz-Carlton Rewards|
|Iberia Plus||World of Hyatt|
|Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer|
|Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards|
|Virgin Atlantic Flying Club|
Tip: Additional UR Bonus Points With Sapphire℠ Checking
The Chase Sapphire℠ Checking account lets you combine Ultimate Rewards points from all Chase products and you can also earn an additional 60,000 bonus points.
Ink Business Cash Credit Card – Top Features
You can earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent annually at:
- Office supply stores
- Internet, cable & phone services
You can also earn 2% back on the first $25,000 spent annually at:
- gas stations
Employee cards can be added to your account free of charge! You may also set the spending limits for each card to better manage yours or your company’s budget.
The Chase Ink Business Cash SM Credit Card comes with a generous welcome bonus offer either in cash back or in UR points. In addition to that, it also has 24/7 travel and emergency assistance, including roadside assistance; however, you may need to pay additional out-of-pocket fees.
The Ink Business Cash card also doesn’t appear as an account on your personal credit report, so, a feature about this card that’s really nice is that you can keep your work life separate from your personal life.
In addition, cardholders can enjoy complimentary purchase protection insurance, covering theft and damage to purchased items. There is also an extended warranty coverage gives original warranties an additional year of coverage.You can also get up to 70 free employee cards, and set individual spending limits for them. You’ll earn cash back for all spending on employee cards.
If you’re a small business owner looking for a way to earn cash back on business-related purchases, the Chase Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card may be the card for you. You can earn up to 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year, 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants, and 1% cash back on all other purchases with no limit and annual fee.
It is seen as a simple card with high rewards — making it one of the most popular cards among small business owners. Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Not the card for you? See our full list of the best Credit Card Promotions or see our Credit Card Categories post to find the card that best suits you.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
No Annual Fee Alternatives
There are other alternative cards that compare to the Chase Ink Business Cash card, below are some top competitors that have annual fees, the Chase Ink Business Unlimited Card and the Capital One Spark Cash Select for Business.
The Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card offers $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase made for your business and you'll receive employee cards at no additional cost.
This card carries no annual fee and you'll have the opportunity to take advantage of a 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
The Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business offers a one-time $200 cash bonus once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back could mean thousands of dollars each year going back into your business with no categories to limit your purchasing.
This card comes with no annual fee and employee cards at no additional cost.
Alternatives with Annual Fees
The Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card offers 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You'll earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year; 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn. Furthermore, points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee but does not have any foreign transaction fees.
The Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business offers a one-time $500 cash bonus once you spend $4,500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You're able to earn an unlimited 2% cash back could mean thousands of dollars each year going back into your business. Use Spark Cash across all your business spend, with no categories to limit your purchasing.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee, however, there is a $0 intro annual fee for the first year.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Community Business Checking||$200 Cash||Review|