The Chase Freedom Flex Credit Card is currently offering a promotion of $200 Cash Back Bonus when you reach $500 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening. This card is the most beneficial to those who want to get some value out of their everyday purchases and travel. In addition to that, there is no annual fee so moderate to low spenders can greatly benefit from this card.
There are of course some benefits that comes with this card, so if you want to know more information, keep reading below.
Table of Contents
Chase Freedom Flex Credit Card Summary
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
|Bonus Available||Earn $200 cash back as a statement credit after spending $500 on purchases in the first three months|
|*Bonus Value||$200 cash back|
|Travel Credit||No travel credit|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn 5% on travel booked through Chase
Earn 5% on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
Earn 3% cash back at drugstores
Earn 3% on dining out or takeout and eligible delivery services
Earn 1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases
|Foreign Transaction Fees||3% on transaction charges|
- Welcome bonus
- Good rewards rate
- Rotating 5% cash back category
- No annual fee
- Foreign transaction fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase,
• 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
Chase Freedom Flex Credit Card Bonus
After hitting the $500 threshold within 90 days of opening your account, you can earn $200 back in statement credit.
There are many ways to reach the spending requirement. Down below are several options to acquiring this:
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning Ultimate Rewards Points
With this card, you will have the opportunity to earn quite a bit of cash back on a variety of purchases. Most notably, you can earn 5% back on travel and 5% back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in the bonus category that rotates every quarter.
- 5% on Bonus Quarterly Categories: Cardholders can activate each quarter to receive 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases on bonus categories like grocery stores, select streaming services, and more!
- 5% on Travel: Earn 5% back on travel purchases made through Chase Ultimate Rewards, including vacation and car rentals.
- 3% on Dining: Earn 3% back on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services.
- 3% on Drugstore: Earn 3% back on purchases made on daily essentials like medicine, toiletries, diapers and other items.
- 1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases.
|Chase Sapphire Reserve||Chase Sapphire Preferred|
|$550 annual fee||$95 annual fee|
|3x points on travel & dining
1x points on all other spending
|2x points on travel & dining
1x points on all other spending
Redeeming with Chase Freedom Flex
The cash back you earn with the Freedom Flex will come in the form of Ultimate Rewards points and it is one of the most beneficial programs out there.
Please note that the cash back rewards you earn do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. So you can choose to receive a statement credit or direct deposit into most U.S. checking and savings accounts.
You can also shop with points at Amazon. All you have to do is link your Chase Freedom Flex card to your Amazon account and instantly redeem your Cash Back rewards to pay for all or part of your eligible orders.
Not to mention, you can also redeem your cash back for a variety of gift cards and certificates, as well as booking your travel with Chase Ultimate Rewards® for competitive rates and flexible ways to pay!
However, if you want better value for your points, you’ll want to use a multi-card strategy with other Ultimate Rewards cards.
Chase Freedom Flex Credit Cardholder Benefits
Cell phone insurance. Up to $800 per claim and $1,000 per year in cell phone protection against theft or damage for phones listed on cardmembers’ monthly bill.
Lyft. Receive a $10 in credit for every five rides taken in a calendar month, automatically applied to the next ride and capped at once per month.
Boxed. Get 5% cash rewards on Boxed purchases for use on future purchases.
ShopRunner. Free membership for two-day shipping and free return shipping at over a hundred online retailers.
Fandango. Double VIP+ points for movie tickets purchased via the Fandango app or Fandango.com, which can be used towards purchasing movie tickets on Fandango or towards streaming movies and TV shows on FandangoNOW.
With the Chase Freedom Flex Credit Card, you will have many benefits such as no annual fee, the ability to earn unlimited points on everyday purchases, and many categories in which to redeem points. This is an excellent offer because the requirements are quite simple, and this card allows you many opportunities to earn points.
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Additionally, make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses.
Alternative Credit Card Options
If you are looking for an alternative to the Chase Freedom Flex Credit Card, then here are some cards that offer a similar rewards system or better.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery, plus, earn 4X points for Uber Eats purchases too.
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees). Some benefits including earning up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. In addition, a $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline. You'll also get $120 Uber Cash: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers 20% back on Amazon.com purchases on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $200 back. Plus, earn $150 back after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership. You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits.
You'll earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases. In addition, you'll earn 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions, 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
The card does come with a $0 introductory annual fee for one year, then $95. (See Rates & Fees)
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers 20% back on Amazon.com purchases on the Card in the first 6 months of Card membership, up to $150 back. Plus, earn $100 back after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months of card membership. You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits.
You'll earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, and 1% back on other purchases.
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
You'll earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases.. And when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit.
You'll earn 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. When redeeming your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 50% more value.
This card does carry a $550 annual fee and there are no foreign transaction fees. However, you're able to earn a $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year & up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Citi Priority Account Package||$700 Cash|
With required activities.
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$100 Cash||Review|