If you are looking for a card with no annual or foreign transaction fees, low interest rates and steady balance transfers, then the Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card is something to definitely check out! The bonus on this card is 30K bonus points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months of account opening.
On top of this bonus, you'll earn 3X points for eating out and ordering in, 3X points for gas stations, rideshares and transit, 3X points for travel including flights, hotels, home stays and car rentals, and 1X points for other purchases! And as I have stated before, there is absolutely NO ANNUAL FEE!
If you are interested about what more this card has to offer, then continue reading to learn about these benefits.
Check out Wells Fargo for great Checking/Savings bonuses too!
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Table of Contents
Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card Summary
With the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card:
• Earn 30K bonus points when you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months – that’s a $300 cash redemption value
• $0 Annual Fee
• Earn 3X points for eating out and ordering in
• Earn 3X points for gas stations, rideshares and transit
• Earn 3X points for travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals
• Earn 1X points on other purchases
• 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 16.24%-28.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
• Select "Apply Now" to learn more about the product features, terms, and conditions
Wells Fargo Propel American Express – 30K Points
After hitting the $3,000 threshold in the first 3 months of opening your account, you can earn 30,000 bonus points. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these points.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
The Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card earns unlimited 3 points per $1 spent on purchases at various places such as gas stations, transit and driving service providers, car rentals, restaurant and food delivery services, hotels and home stays and even digital streaming services.
All other eligible purchases earn unlimited 1 point per $1 spent.
For the 3X category, point earnings are unlimited. Point earnings are also divided into base points and bonus points–1 base point and 2 bonus points. All points earned in the 1x category are base points.
Wells Fargo customers can redeem points through the phone or through the online portal for rewards such as cash, gift cards, travel expenses, and other purchases.
If you have a Wells Fargo debit or ATM card, you can redeem for cash at any nearby Wells Fargo ATM. Points are worth $0.01 apiece at redemption, but this can vary depending on purchases.
There is a minimum 2,500 points redemption threshold for cash and gift cards, and 2,000 points at ATMs.
Wells Fargo Propel American Express Cardholder Benefits
There are several benefits that the Wells Fargo Propel American Express card comes with. These include: complimentary loss and damage coverage on rental cars, extended warranties on items, reimbursement for lost and damage luggage and cellphone protection. Read more below for other benefits.
Introductory APR: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express card has a 12-month 0% APR promotion on purchases and balance transfers, and the balance transfer rate applies to transfers made within 120 days of account opening.
Annual Relationship Bonus: If your account is in good standing, still open and you have a Wells Fargo deposit account, then you will receive a 10% bonus on base points earned within a year.
Overdraft Protection: This card includes an overdraft protection which means you can connect your credit card to your Wells Fargo checking account to ensure protection against checking overdraft.
If you do come across an overdraft, Wells Fargo will replace the negative balance with a cash advance on your Propel card.
For transfers, each one has a $12.50 fee if the total amount is less than $50, and $20 if the total amount exceeds $50. Other cash advance interest rates depend on your credit card score, but overall applies to overdraft protection as a whole.
Balance transfers generally cost about $5, especially in the first 12 months, while cash advances cost $10. There is also a late fee of $37 to keep in mind for late and returned payments.
No Annual or Foreign Transaction Fees: There are no annual or foreign transaction fee, so you can make purchases abroad and not worry about any extra charge being applied to your credit card statement.
Travel Discounts Up To:
- 25% off at 18,000 selected hotels worldwide
- 20% off car rentals at select rental companies
- specific fares on cruises at select companies
This Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card is definitely worth signing up for as you'll receive awesome benefits such as 30K bonus points, no foreign transaction fees, up to 3X cash back, an annual bonus and more!
Wells Fargo does not always offer rewards cards, so with this is card, it can be seen as quite interesting and appealing — especially for those who are already loyal Wells Fargo cardholders.
For those who spend a lot on driving and dining, you'll be able to maximize your amount of points by earning 3X points each time. You can earn 3X points at gas stations, on rideshares and transit, for travel including flights, hotels, home stays and car rentals, and 1X points for all other purchases.
Overall, this card is most beneficial if you're already a Wells Fargo customer and your spending aligns with the bonus offer.
Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Also if you are looking for more credit card options, make sure to visit BankDealGuy for more credit card bonuses.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you aren't particularly a Wells Fargo customer, then here are some alternative credit card options that are similar to it. These include the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, and Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card.
With the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Card:
• Earn a one-time $300 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
• Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
• No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
• No foreign transaction fees
• Capital One cardholders get access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
• Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
With the Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card:
• Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
• 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
• 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
• Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
• Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
• Terms apply.
• See Rates & Fees
Learn more about this card and its features here.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Community Business Checking||$200 Cash||Review|