In addition to that, you earn an unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment if you fancy eating out often.
However, if you feel like eating at home, this card also offers 2% cash back on groceries so you can get the best of both worlds. This a very good card for those who spend heavily in the dining/entertainment/grocery category.
If this is something that interests you, keep on reading to find out more. In addition, if you’re interested in banking with Capital One, check out our list of Capital One Bank Promotions.
Table of Contents
Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Card Summary
With the Capital One® SavorSM Cash Rewards Card:
• Earn a one-time $300 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
• Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
• No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
• No foreign transaction fees
• Capital One cardholders get access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that
Earning Cash Back
Use the Capital One Savor card effectively on your dining and entertainment purchases where you’ll earn an unlimited 4% cash back. Dining includes purchases at restaurants, fast-food places, coffee shops, cafes, lounges, bakeries, bars, nightclubs and more.
Entertainment includes tickets purchased for a movie, play, concert, sporting event, tourist attraction, theme park, aquarium, zoo, dance club, pool hall or bowling alley, as well as purchases at record stores or video rental locations. This doesn’t include purchases like cable, digital streaming or subscription services.
Grocery store purchases earn you 2% cash back. Grocery stores include supermarkets, dairy product stores, specialty market, and meat lockers.
Then, earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
As long as your account is kept open, your rewards do not expire.
Redeeming Cash Back
With this card, you won’t have to analyze getting the best possible redemption value. One dollar will always be worth one dollar. There’s also no minimum redemption amount. Thus, you can cash out your reward on the Capital One Savor as frequently as you can to get that money back into your checking or savings account.
When you’re ready to redeem your cash back, you can request it as a statement credit or check, or redeem it for gift cards and charitable donations. The best way to redeem your rewards is as a check or statement credit. If you want to purchase gift cards or donate to charity, I recommend purchasing those through your credit card to earn more points, then use the cash back rewards to pay your bills.
Capital One Savor Cardholder Benefits
With the Capital One Savor, you have access to travel and shopping benefits. These include extended warranty coverage, 24-hour travel assistance, auto rental collision damage waiver, travel accident insurance, and fraud coverage.
Although it doesn’t offer a ton of perks like premium cards do, there are still some great services you can take advantage of:
World Elite Hotels & Resorts Portfolio: Get complimentary discounts and benefits at over 900 hotel properties, including Starwood, Hyatt, InterContinental, and more. When available, these benefits include:
- Room upgrade
- Early check-in
- Late check-out
- Complimentary daily breakfast for two
- A special World Elite amenity that varies by property
Mastercard Airport Concierge: Get a 15% discount on a variety of airport meet & greet services. The basic concierge experience consists of:
- A welcoming by a Meet & Greet representative when you arrive at the airport
- An escort for expedited check-in and security screening, where available
- Assistance with visas or other documentation
- Assistance with inter-terminal transportation and other needs
- An escort to the curb or the aircraft gate, depending on where you’re going
Additional services may be offered for a fee, depending on availability at the airport.
World Elite Air Program: Get a selection of upgrades and discounts when using your card to purchase tickets from participating airlines. Participating airlines include Aer Lingus, Aeromexico, Austrian, Etihad, LATAM Airlines, Lufthansa, and Virgin Atlantic. The deals include:
- Purchase a full fare Economy Class ticket on select airlines and receive an upgrade to Business Class
- Purchase a full fare Business Class ticket on select airlines and your companion can get up to 50% off his or her Business Class airline ticket
- Purchase a full fare Business Class ticket on select airlines and your companion receives a complimentary Business Class ticket
*NEW* Postmates Unlimited: Get a statement credit reimbursement for a $9.99 monthly membership fee for Postmates. With Postmates Unlimited, you get $0 delivery fees on orders over $15. You’ll also never pay blitz pricing or get hit with minimum basket fees. Plus, you’ll get access to unique member experiences. Valid through December, 2019.
No Foreign Transaction Fees: Take this card on your overseas vacation and continue earning cash back without paying a foreign transaction fee.
The Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Card offers a phenomenal bonus and cash back rewards! This card is ideal for those who dine out a lot. Overall, this is one of the best reward cards for everyday use. If you make a purchase outside of the dining and groceries category, you’ll still earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Do keep in mind that this card does carry a $95 annual fee, however, there’s an $0 intro annual fee for the first year. Overall, the benefits that this card has to offer far outweigh this fee! Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card.
Make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses.
Learn more about this card and find out how you can apply here.