With Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card, you have the opportunity to earn a welcome bonus of 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
Although there is an annual fee of $125, the Marriot Bonvoy Loyalty program offers 6X points on Mariott purchases. In addition to that, you can earn 4X points on daily purchases such as gasoline, dining, and telephone services.
This card is most applicable for business owners or employees who regularly travel because there are many travel benefits and ways to earn points through traveling.
If you are interested in finding more about what else this card has to offer, then continue reading below.
Table of Contents
- 1 Comparison of Marriott Bonvoy Cards
- 2 Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business Card Summary
- 3 Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business – 75,000 Bonus Points
- 4 Earning Points
- 5 Redeeming Points
- 6 Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business Cardholder Benefits
- 7 Author’s Verdict
- 8 Alternative Credit Cards Options
Comparison of Marriott Bonvoy Cards
|Card Name||Bonus Offer||Benefits||Annual Fee|
|Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card||spend $2k to earn 50k bonus points within first 3 months||
|Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card||spend $3k to earn 75k bonus points within first 3 months||
|Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card||spend $3k to earn 75k bonus points within first 3 months||
|Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card||spend $3k to earn 75k bonus points within first 3 months||
Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business Card Summary
With the Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card:
• Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
• 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
• 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
• Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
• Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
• Terms apply.
• See Rates & Fees
Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business – 75,000 Bonus Points
After spending $3,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account, you can earn 75,000 bonus points. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these points.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
The Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card has many purchase categories in which you can earn points such as Marriott Bonvoy properties, gas stations, phones, restaurants, and so much more.
You will receive 6X points per $1 spent on Marriott Bonvoy properties, Marriott branded retail establishments, and Marriott branded online stores (including online purchases of Marriott branded gift cards).
In other words, this is an easy and efficient way to earn points because you can spend and redeem points easily at Marriott Bonvoy properties.
Aside from earning points on Marriott Bonvoy purchases, you can also earn 4X points per $1 spent on in the following categories within the U.S.: gasoline, restaurants, and wireless telephone services, and on purchases made from merchants in the U.S. for shipping.
These are daily purchases that you are able to earn four times the amount of points per dollar which is an excellent deal because these purchases are quite convenient.
You will receive 2X points per $1 spent on eligible purchases such as good and services.
Redemption categories for this card span from flights, hotels, cars, and moments.
Marriott Bonvoy points can be redeemed for hotels in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio. Points required for a free night range from 7,500 points in a standard room at a Category 1 property to 60,000 points in a standard room at a Category 7 property.
Category 7 properties that are all suites, villas, or have mandatory board require higher points redemption.
Marriott Bonvoy Moments℠ is an exclusive program for Marriott Bonvoy members where Marriott Bonvoy points can be exchanged to experiences. Events have included coveted VIP tickets to many great concerts of the year, championship sporting events, and red carpet premieres. Marriott Bonvoy members may use points to bid on or redeem for experiences.
In addition to these exclusive benefits, you can also use your points to book flights and car rentals through the Vacations by Marriott page. Be sure to checkout their selection of eligible flight and car rental deals.
In my opinion, the easiest point redemption is through the Marriott profile of hotels and various properties because points are directly transferable to that of room payments, upgrades, and expenses incurred at these properties.
Hotel stays and travel packages will yield decent value for your points. You can also choose to transfer your points to any of Marriott Bonvoy’s 40+ airline partners.
Marriott Bonvoy Airline Partner Programs
|Aegean Airlines||Aeroflot Bonus||AeroMexico ClubPremier|
|Air Canada Aeroplan||Air China Phoenix Miles||Air France/KLM Flying Blue|
|Air New Zealand Airpoints||Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan||Alitalia MilleMiglia|
|ANA Mileage Club||American Airlines||Asia Miles|
|Asiana Airlines Asiana Club||Avianca LifeMiles||British Airways Executive Club|
|China Eastern Airlines Eastern Miles||China Southern Airlines||Copa Airlines ConnectMiles|
|Delta SkyMiles||Emirates Skywards||Etihad Guest|
|Frontier Airlines||Hainan Airlines||Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles|
|Iberia Plus||Japan Airlines JAL||Jet Airways JetPrivilege|
|JetBlue TrueBlue||Korean Air SKYPASS||LATAM Airlines LATAMPASS|
|Lufthansa Miles & More||Multiplus||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Qatar Privilege Club||Saudia Airlines||Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer|
|South African Airways Voyager||Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards||TAP Air Portugal|
|Thai Airways||Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles||United MileagePlus|
|Virgin Atlantic Flying Club|
Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business Cardholder Benefits
The Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business card offers many exclusive benefits including: anniversary statuses, free hotel nights and travel insurances.
Anniversary Free Night: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your card account anniversary, and the award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.
Certain hotels have resort fees, so be sure to contact the hotel or resort for more information about point redemption values.
Complimentary Silver Elite Status: On each account anniversary you will receive complimentary Silver Elite Status. Allow up to eight weeks for this status to be updated to your account.
Travel Insurances: With this card, you are automatically given a baggage insurance plan. This allows you to be covered completely for the entire fare. Additionally, you have car rental loss or damages insurance, which allows coverage for the first 30 days of a vehicle rental. Unfortunately, coverage is not available for ride-sharing companies that allow individuals to rent out their personal vehicle.
No Foreign Transaction Fees: American Express will not charge any foreign transaction fee on the purchases you make outside of the United States with your card, but, here may be circumstances where ATMs or merchants charge a fee on foreign transactions.
Entertainment Access®: During the specified sales period, tickets are available exclusively to all American Express® Card Members. Tickets must be purchased with an American Express Card.
Overall, the Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card gives its card holders many benefits such as, entertainment access, simple ways to earn points, no foreign transaction fees, and a free anniversary hotel night.
On top of those two prominent benefits, this card can also provide its users many opportunities to earn and save money, therefore if you are a business owner or employee, I would definitely consider opening an account.
Moreover, you can even upgrade your membership status depending on the credit card bonuses and other Marriott Bonvoy cards.
Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. If you are interested in another card from American Express, checkout our reviews of American Express Credit Card Promotions. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more Credit Card Bonuses.
Learn more about this card here.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you prefer a card that isn’t particularly tied to an airline or hotel, then consider checking out these other alternatives. These include the Chase Ink Business Preferred Card, Chase Ink Business Unlimited Card and Capital One Sparks Miles for Business.
With the Ink Business Preferred℠ Card:
• Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
• Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
• Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
• No foreign transaction fees
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• $95 Annual Fee
With the Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card:
• This card offers a $500 bonus after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
• Enjoy earning an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase you make for your business
• Enjoy 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases & get employee cards at no additional cost
• This card also comes with No Annual Fee
With the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business:
• Earn 2 miles per $1 on every purchase
• Plus, a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $4,500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account, and there are no categories to limit where or what you buy
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
• There's no limit to the amount of miles you can earn
• Redeem miles for travel, cash back, gift cards and more
• No foreign transaction fees and fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Community Business Checking||$200 Cash||Review|