On top of just the few benefits listed, this card has NO foreign transaction fee AND if you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you’ll get 25% more value. If you want to find out more about what unique features this card has to offer, continue reading below.
Table of Contents
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card Summary
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spending $4,000 in the first 3 months. (That's $750 toward travel when redeeming via Chase Ultimate Rewards®)
• Named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" by Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
• Earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide
• Earn 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases outside of the travel & dining category
• No foreign transaction fees to worry about
• You're able to get 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
• Your points get 25% more value when redeeming for airfare, car rentals, cruises, & hotels, via Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• There are no blackout dates or travel restrictions - just as long as there's available seating on the flight - you're able to book via Chase Ultimate Rewards
Learn More About This Card Here
The Chase Sapphire Preferred comes with two basic but popular bonus categories. You’ll earn 2 points per $1 spent on both travel and dining. All other purchases earn 1 point per $1 spent. The travel category on the Sapphire Preferred is broad, offering flexibility on those categories you may not think of as “travel” expenses.
For example, you’ll get 2x points for airlines, hotels, motels, car rentals, cruise lines and travel agencies. In addition, you’ll also get 2x points when paying for passenger trains (including most commuter trains), buses, taxis, limos, ferries, toll bridges and highways, parking lots and garages. Even Uber and Lyft count.
With dining, you earn 2x points on essentially all restaurants, like fancy sit down places and fast food joints. You can also get 2x points at many bars and even some delivery services, such as Seamless.
When you redeem your points earned with the Chase Sapphire Preferred, you’re getting very flexible options. You can use your points to purchase airfare, reserve hotel rooms and rent a car at a fixed rate of 1.25 cents per point through the Chase travel portal. Don’t worry about blackout dates or finding award space. As long as there’s a seat for sale on the flight you want, or a hotel room available to reserve with cash, you’ll be able to pay for it with your points.
Get the most value out of your points by transferring them to any of Chase’s airline and hotel partners. If you do this, you’ll need to know which partners are the best for specific trips and award availability. Generally, your points will transfer at a 1 to 1 ratio. However, there are opportunities to earn much more than 1.25 cents per point in value from your points.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Cardholder Benefits
The Chase Sapphire Preferred offers the common few travel and purchase coverage benefits to cardholders. A noteworthy perk is its primary rental car coverage. Most cards offer secondary car insurance. This means you have to first look at your personal auto policy or other primary coverages before the card’s coverage will cover any losses. However, with primary coverage, you can submit the claim directly to your card right off the bat and avoid involving your own insurance policy entirely. Other perks you earn with your card include:
- Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection: Get benefits at over 900 hotels and resorts around the world, provided by Chase. Many lodges and spas are also available in the collection. You’ll get five perks when booking rooms through this service, when available:
- Daily breakfast for two
- Complimentary WiFi
- Room upgrades
- Early check-in and late check-out
- A unique gift, like lunch or dinner for two, a spa treatment, or a golf green fee waiver
- To access these benefits, you must book your stay through the Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection with your Sapphire Preferred Card, either online or by phone. You’ll then be able to see the specific perks available at each property.
- Shop Through Chase: Get more points at select retailers with the Shop Through Chase marketplace. The points you get will be in addition to the 1x point you would normally earn on those purchases. Deals change often, so be sure to check back frequently.
- Trip Delay Reimbursement: Receive up to $500 in reimbursement if your trip is delayed for an eligible reason. It must be a “Covered Trip” delayed by a “Covered Hazard.” A Covered Trip is a period of round-trip travel to a destination other than your home. Covered Hazards include equipment failure, inclement weather, labor strikes, and hijacking or skyjacking.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: Continue earning your points outside of the U.S. without paying a foreign transaction fee.
With the Chase SapphireSM Checking:
• Enjoy 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards bonus points when you join SapphireSM Banking. Within 45 days, transfer a total of $75,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, and maintain the balance for at least 90 days. Offer available to Sapphire cardmembers only.
• Enjoy a new kind of banking experience
• No ATM fees worldwide - down the street or around the globe
• Perks that add up - relationship rates, special access and help when you need it
• Open online in minutes
• Email my upgrade code
• Available in: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, TX, UT, WA, WI, WV
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers a phenomenal bonus on top of extraordinary value from a travel card.
Also, you can receive up to 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal. When compared to it’s competitors, this card’s annual fee can be offset by its hefty offer and appealing benefits. The features of this card definitely get you the most out of every dollar you spend on purchases!
Overall, I personally think this card would be a great fit if you’re a loyal Chase consumer, especially if you like being able to rack up points quickly on a daily basis. This card is definitely one of my top picks to use for travels. It’s truly an epitome of one of the best travel cards.
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more of the Best Chase Credit Card Promotions or the latest credit card bonuses.