Upon approval of the Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card, you can enjoy a one-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel.
On top of the bonus offer, this card comes with NO ANNUAL FEE and you can earn an unlimited 1.25X miles for your purchases! That's 1.25 miles for every dollar you spend!
Keep reading below to find out more about what other great benefits this card has to offer.
Table of Contents
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card Summary
With the Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Card:
• Enjoy a one-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel
• Earn 1.25X miles on every purchase, every day and pay no annual fee. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
• Transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
• Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
• Enjoy a low intro APR on purchases for 12 months; 14.24%-24.24% variable APR after that
• Travel when you want with no blackout dates
• No foreign transaction fees
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
Earning & Redeeming Miles
The Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card has an easy and straightforward miles-earning system. Cardholders earn 1.25X miles on every purchase, every day. On top of that, if you're going to be traveling, you can earn 10X miles each booking at hotels.com/venture! Rewards don't expire for the life of the account.
This card doesn't offer bonus categories, so it's great for those who don't like keeping track of those. You'll earn the same high rate with every purchase.
You can redeem your miles for statement credits that cover anything that qualifies as a travel purchase. Your miles are worth about 1 cent per mile with no minimum redemption threshold. In addition, you have several other redemption options, including cash back, gift cards and more.
Capital One has also recently announced new mile transfer options. Members can now transfer points to Capital One's airline partners at a ratio of 2:1.5. Unfortunately, this means that cardholders lose 25% of their point value with the transfer. But, there are some valuable partners on the list, such as Aeroplan and Avianca. If you search for special values with each airline partner, you may have the opportunity to earn more that 1 cent of value per mile. This new transfer option increases the value and flexibility of this already flexible travel card.
Capital One VentureOne Cardholder Benefits
VentureOne Rewards from Capital One comes with great travel benefits. These include Travel Accident Insurance, 24-Hour Travel Assistance Services, and Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver. Other benefits you can use include:
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: You won't pay a transaction fee when making purchases outside of the United States.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Double the manufacturer’s warranty of your purchase, up to one extra year for warranties of three years or less. Receive a maximum of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder.
- Fraud Coverage: You're covered by $0 Fraud Liability if your card is ever lost or stolen.
- Security Alerts: Get personalized emails or text messages to stay on top of the security of your account.
- CreditWise from Capital One: You can monitor your credit with CreditWise. It’s free for everyone—whether or not you have a Capital One credit card—and it won’t hurt your score.
The features of the Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card are similar to that of the Venture Rewards Credit Card. How so? For one, you can redeem your rewards for travel through Purchase Eraser and when you book new reservations. And when you redeem your rewards, you will be comfortable in knowing that you have the freedom to fly on any airline and stay at any hotel chain without having to be tied down to any particular airline or hotel.
You can even book your trip on any website or app to ensure sure you are getting the travel offer! And while the bonus offer isn't as high as the Venture Rewards Credit Card, this card still offers a great bonus and you aren't required to pay an annual fee! Additionally, you can earn unlimited 1.25X miles for every dollar you spend on any purchases with this card too.
Depending on whether you want to commit to an annual fee that includes a higher bonus offer or having the option to not pay an annual fee, these are just some of the similarities and differences these two cards have to offer.
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to also visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses. If you're indecisive of which card best suits you, see our post on the Best Credit Card Categories!
Learn more about this card and find out how you can apply here.