With the Avianca Vuela Visa® Card, you will earn 60,000 bonus LifeMiles after your first card purchase from account opening. This card allows you a 15% discount on purchases of miles with Multiply Your Miles.
The Avianca Vuela Visa® Card works well for people who are avid travelers for that of pleasure or work because many of it’s benefits coincide with traveling; for instance, there are no foreign transaction fees and three LifeMiles per $1 spent on Avianca purchases.
Table of Contents
Avianca Vuela Visa Card Summary
- Welcome Bonus of 60,000 LifeMiles after first card use
- Earn LifeMiles:
- 3 LifeMiles per $1 spent on Avianca purchases
- 2 LifeMiles per $1 spent at gas stations and grocery stores
- 1 LifeMile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- 15% discount on purchases of miles with Multiply Your Miles
- Free additional piece of baggage for travel between the United States and Central America
- A 50% discount on an award ticket redeemed for travel to Central America or Colombia from the United States after $12,000 spent each year
- An additional 50% discount on an award ticket redeemed for travel to Central America or Colombia from the United States after $24,000 spent each year
- $149 Annual Fee
*Enter promo code SB4060 when completing the application in order to receive the additional 20,000 welcome bonus miles after qualifying purchases.*
Avianca Vida vs Avianca Vuela
Avianca Airlines offers two different kinds of partnered airline cards: Aviana Vida Visa and Avianca Vuela Visa. Below are some of the fees and benefits to consider before selecting which card seems better for you.
|Avianca Vida||Avianca Vuela|
|40k Bonus LifeMiles||60k Bonus LifeMiles|
|$59 Annual Fee||$149 Annual Fee|
|Earn 2 LifeMiles:
per $1 spent on Avianca purchases
|Earn 3 LifeMiles:
per $1 spent on Avianca purchases
|Earn 1 LifeMile:
per $1 spent on all other purchases
|Earn 2 LifeMiles:
per $1 spent at gas stations and grocery stores
|Earn 1 LifeMile:
per $1 spent on all other purchases
|No foreign transaction fees|
Avianca Vida Vuela Card
After making your first purchase since opening your account, you can earn 60,000 bonus LifeMiles. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these LifeMiles.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
With the Avianca Vuela Visa® Card, you will 3 LifeMiles for every $1 in Net Purchases charged for qualified tickets purchased directly from Avianca, and 2 LifeMiles for every $1 in Net Purchases spent at qualifying gas stations and grocery stores, which are those categorized by the merchant using the category code. Large warehouse-type stores are generally not categorized as grocery stores.
You can also earn 1 LifeMile for each $1 spent on all other eligible Net Purchases.
LifeMiles LTD may change the LifeMiles rules, program partners, regulations, and benefits, terms and conditions of participation or LifeMiles levels, in whole or in part, at time with or without notice. Subject to the terms and conditions of the program.
There are many facets in which you can earn your points including airlines, rental cars, hotels, and shopping expenses.
This card is great for travel in terms of redeeming points because there are many benefits. In terms of airlines, you will have membership to Star Alliance which includes Avianca, Singapore Airlines,United, and so many more.
Their rental car coverage is also quite favorable, and within their portfolio of car rental are AVIS, Hertz, and a plethora of highly rated companies.
Hotel coverage, however, is quite extensive having Hilton Honors, IHG, and many others.
The shopping expenses that are within coverage are different based on county and limited to South American Countries. The included south american countries are: Columbia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Peru.
There are many ways to use this card, but in my opinion the best mile transfer is through Star Alliance with airplane tickets. This will depend based on the airline chosen how the miles transfer, but about 25,000 miles covers a round trip in North America.
Make sure to checkout the LifeMiles page to see what is redeemable for points for additional information.
Star Alliance Member Airlines
|Air China||Air India||Air New Zealand|
|ANA||Asiana Airlines||Austrian Airlines|
|Avianca||Brussels Airlines||Copa Airlines|
|Croatia Airlines||EgyptAir||Ethiopian Airlines|
|EVA Air||LOT Polish Airlines||Lufthansa|
|SAS||Shenzhen Airlines||Singapore Airlines|
|South African Airways||Swiss International Airways||Air Portugal|
|Thai Airways International||Turkish Airlines|
Avianca Vuela Visa Cardholder Benefits
Avianca Vuela Visa has many benefits including free first checked bag, no foreign transaction fees, and airfare discounts. Cardholder’s are able to earn the following:
Discounted Airfare: You will have the right to one discount per year when reaching an annual Net Purchase goal of $12,000 in U.S. Dollars. If you reach an annual Net Purchase goal of $24,000 in U.S. Dollars per year, you will have the right to a new 50% discount.
You cannot use both discounts for the redemption of one airline ticket.
You have from January 1 to December 31 of each year to meet the Net Purchase goal.
No Foreign Transaction Fees: With this card, you will have no foreign transaction fees for purchases made outside of the U.S. In essence, you will be able to spend without the worry of additional exchange rate fees.
15% Discount with Mulitply Your Miles: Normally LifeMiles are around a $0.033 per mile, but with this discount you can purchase LifeMiles for $0.028 per mile. Although this does not sound like much, with the purchase of many miles it is quite favorable.
The Avianca Vuela Visa® Card you’ll be able to get one free additional checked back on all flights between the United States and Central America. To make the card offer even more appealing, you will notice that one of the card’s benefit is receiving 50% discount on award tickets redeemed for travel between the United States and Central America.
The discount will apply when you spend $12,000 within a single year. If you make $12,000 in purchases within a single year using your card, you’ll be eligible to receive an additional 50% on an award ticket!
If you travel often (especially to South America), then this is the card for you. While the annual fee is a bit pricey, the offered LifeMile bonus can offset it. Also, if you are familiar with Avianca LifeMiles then this card might be a right fit for you.
Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses.
Learn more about this card here.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you are looking for more flexibility and don’t travel to Latin American countries as much, there are alternative travel rewards cards to consider that aren’t necessarily partnered with certain airlines or hotels. Some of the cards include the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® and Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
You'll earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide; 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. And when you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
Learn More About This Card
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Community Business Checking||$200 Cash||Review|