This card allows you to earn an unlimited 2X miles per dollar spent on top of no foreign transaction fees. So, if you have good to excellent credit and want to find out more about what this card has to offer, then please continue to read below.
Table of Contents
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card Summary
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offers 100,000 bonus miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®.
Capital One Venture Rewards Card Bonus
You can earn up to 100,000 bonus miles after meeting the spend requirement. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these points.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Capital One Venture Rewards Card – Top Features
When you use the Capital One Venture Rewards card, you can receive 1.4 cents per mile, but in terms of transferring miles, you have to consider your expenses since they vary depending on your destination and time of travel.
Capital One Airline Partner Programs
|Aeromexico Club Premier||Air France KLM Flying Blue||Air Canada Aeroplan|
|Alitalia MilleMiglia Program||Cathay Pacific||Avianca LifeMiles|
|Emirates Skywards||Etihad Airways||EVA Air Infinity MileageLands|
|Finnair Plus||Hainan Airlines Fortune Wings Club||JetBlue TrueBlue|
|Qantas Frequent Flyer||Qatar Airways Privilege Club||Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer|
For those who want to get through airport security quicker, this a prime feature that allows you to earn $85 fee credit for TSA PreCheck every 4 years, or $100 for Global Entry.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Card has a no foreign transaction fees benefit when you make purchases abroad! This is convenient towards those who always have to travel outside the country for business trips.
It’s easy to earn miles with the Venture Rewards. You’ll earn 2X miles with this card on every transaction. There is no cap on how many miles you can earn and rewards don’t expire.
At the same time, you can also participate for free in the Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program. Effectively earn another 10% back on hotel purchases made at Hotels.com. Stack that together with the 10X earned on the Venture Rewards, and you’re getting a 20% rebate on all hotel purchases made at Hotels.com with the card.
Redeem your miles for 1 cent each as a statement credit against any eligible travel purchase you’ve made with the card in the last 90 days. This could be an airline flight, a hotel booking, or even a rental car. There’s no minimum redemption amount.
In addition, take advantage of Capital One’s Purchase Eraser. Book your travel and then go online to capitalone.com or call the Rewards Center to redeem your miles and receive an account credit for the cost of your travel. These purchases include airline tickets, hotels, timeshares, and so on.
This method allows you to redeem your miles as statement credits for past travel purchases. These purchases can be “erased” up to 90 days from the date the charge posts onto your account. And with this feature, you can get partial credit if you don’t have enough miles to cover entire cost.
Miles earned don’t expire as long as your account is open. So, take your time to build them up until you have enough to offset the costs of larger travel purchases.
Capital One Venture Rewards Cardholder Benefits
Although the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Card doesn’t offer top-notch travel benefits, it still comes with a decent amount of Visa Signature travel benefits. Some include Travel Accident Insurance (up to $250,000), Lost Luggage Reimbursement (up to $3,000) and Secondary Auto Rental Coverage. Other perks include:
- Extended Warranty Protection: Double the manufacturer’s warranty of your purchase, up to one extra year for warranties of three years or less. Receive a maximum of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder.
- Purchase Security: Get a replacement, repairment, or reimbursement for your purchases in the event of theft or damage within 90 days of the purchase date. Receive up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder.
- Global Entry / TSA PreCheck Fee Credit: Earn $100 fee credit for Global Entry or an $85 fee credit for TSA PreCheck every 4 years. This is a great benefit for those who want to go through the airport screening process quickly.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: Use your card overseas without being charged extra when shopping overseas.
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is quite popular among those who travel often and like to have a reliable travel rewards card on hand at their convenience. With this card, you can redeem travel miles in more than just one way. Additionally, you can earn unlimited 2X miles for every dollar you spend on purchases. So 100 miles will equal to $1 in travel rewards.
It might not sound like much, but it’s definitely more miles per dollar than what many other travel rewards cards offer.
With a great features, good rewards rate, and flexible redemption options, this card would a great addition to your wallet during your travels! Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to also visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses. If you’re indecisive of which card best suits you, see our post on the Best Credit Card Categories!
Alternative Credit Cards Options
There are some other alternative travel cards to the Capital One Venture Rewards card, and these are the Barclaycard Arrival Plus®World Elite Mastercard® , Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard® Credit card.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
You'll earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. And when you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase Business Checking Account||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$100 Cash||Review|