Ideal for travelers and explorers, the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® is offering new cardholders 70,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.
These bonus miles are worth $600 in travel statement credits. In addition, travelers can earn an unlimited 2X miles on every purchase. It comes with an annual fee of $89, but it’s waived for the first year.
If you are interested in finding more about this card, read on to find out if the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® is the card for you!
Table of Contents
Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard Summary
Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard – 70K Miles
After hitting the $5,000 threshold in the first 90 days of opening your account, you can earn 70,000 miles worth $735. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these points.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
It’s easy to earn miles with the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®. You’ll earn 2 miles per $1 spent on every purchase, no matter what. There’s no need to keep track of bonus categories or caps. Plus, your miles don’t expire as long as your account is in good standing. This is card perfect for people who prefer simplicity.
If you reach at least 10,000 miles, you can redeem them for eligible travel purchases of $100 or more made with your Barclaycard Arrival Plus card within the past 120 days. After that, you don’t have to redeem in $100 increments.
Every time you redeem your miles for travel, you’ll get a 5% rebate. This effectively increases your 2% return into a 2.1% return on all your purchases when you redeem for travel.
Travel spending categories include:
- Cruise lines/ferries
- Car rental agencies
- Purchase and travel agencies
- Discount travel sites
Barclaycard Arrival Plus Cardholder Benefits
Because the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® is part of Barclaycard, it comes with an abundance of benefits. This includes World Elite status, Mastercard’s highest level, and exclusive luxury travel, shopping, and entertainment benefits. Below are some other benefits to take advantage of.
24/7 Concierge and Mastercard Airport Concierge: Get complimentary 24/7 concierge service that acts like a personal assistant. If you need to locate a gift or reserve a table for your anniversary, give the concierge a call. You can also arrange for a personal agent to escort you through the airport for any flight (additional charges apply). They operate at over 700 locations worldwide.
Complementary ShopRunner Membership: As long as you have this card, you’ll get free ShopRunner membership. This gives you access to free 2-day shipping and free returns with your online orders through over 100 participating retailers. Annual membership with ShopRunner normally costs $79.
No Foreign Transaction Fee: Travel and make purchases internationally with your Barclaycard Arrival Plus card without paying a foreign transaction fee.
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® offers a straightforward travel rewards program with few restrictions. It’s perfect for those who prefer a wide variety of travel options and aren’t loyal to a specific brand. However, it does come with a $89 annual fee that is waived for the first year.
This card is best suited for frequent travelers for it has zero foreign transaction fees and even a complimentary concierge service that will be at your beck and call 24/7. If you need extra existence for an escort, the concierge service can also provide that.
For those who travel frequently (especially internationally), and can take advantage of all its benefits, go ahead and see if this card fits you!
If not, find more credit card bonuses that are more suitable for you on BankDealGuy.
(Visit Barclaycard for more details)
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you don’t travel as frequently, but still enjoy traveling, then here are some alternative credit card options that are similar. These include the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and American Express Cash Magnet® Card.
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
• Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
With the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Card:
• Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
• Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
• Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
• Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
• Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
• No foreign transaction fees
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
With the American Express Cash Magnet® Card:
• Earn a $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
• Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases.
• Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
• Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 15.24% to 26.24%.
• $0 plan fees for plans set up during your first 15 months of Card Membership with Plan It®, a feature that lets you split up big purchases into monthly payments with a fixed fee.
• You spoke, we listened. Over 1.6 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2018.
• No Annual Fee.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Community Business Checking||$200 Cash||Review|