The ABOC Platnium Rewards Credit Card is currently offering a promotion of $150 Statement credit when you reach $1,200 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening. This card is the most beneficial to those who have an average credit score, so you don’t necessarily need good credit score in order to apply. In addition to that, there is no annual fee so moderate to low spenders can greatly benefit from this card.
There are of course some benefits that comes with this card, so if you want to know more information, keep reading below.
Table of Contents
ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card Summary
The ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card offers $150 Statement Credit after you spend $1,200 on purchases within the first 90 days from account opening.
You'll earn 5x rewards on up to $1,500 in combined purchases each quarter in popular categories such as dining, groceries, travel, and automotive. Earn Points on Every Purchase! It’s simple: $1 = 1 Point.
This card has no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
ABOC Platinum Rewards Card – $150 Statement Credit
After hitting the $1,200 threshold within 90 days of opening your account, you can earn $150 back in statement credit. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring this.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Different from the Chase Freedom Flex card that also has rotating categories, you need excellent credit in order to apply for that one. For the ABOC Platinum Rewards card however, as long as your credit score is decent, you are eligible to earn these points.
Register your card at ABOCRewards.com during the first half of 2019 for the bonus rewards.
ABOC Platinum Rewards Cardholder Benefits
0% Intro APR on Purchases for 12 months; after that the variable APR will be 12.90% – 22.90% (V), based on your creditworthiness
No Annual Fee: There is no annual fee to worry about when signing up.
Average Credit is Good Enough: Unlike most rewards card that requires pretty good credit, this card doesn’t have that because of the lack of excess benefits, but it can still earn point up to 5X on each rotating category.
5X Rewards Calendar
Below are the 5x rewards calendar for this year.
|Quarter 1 (1/1/20 – 3/31/20)||Earn 5x points on qualifying utilities, cell, cable, Amazon Prime and streaming subscription services purchases. Must have a registered account at ABOCRewards.com.|
|Quarter 2 (4/1/20 – 6/30/20)||Earn 5x points on grocery, restaurants and several forms of transportation. Must have a registered account at ABOCRewards.com.|
|Quarter 3 (7/1/20 – 9/30/20)||Earn 5x points on qualifying airline, cruise, car rental, hotel, travel agency purchases, gas, tolls, and ride share. Must have a registered account at ABOCRewards.com.|
|Quarter 4 (10/1/20 – 12/31/20)||Earn 5x points on qualifying department and electronics stores, superstores, Amazon.com, and other major online retailers. Must have a registered account at ABOCRewards.com.|
With the ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card, you will have many benefits such as no annual fee, the ability to earn unlimited points, and many categories in which to redeem points. This is an excellent offer because the requirements are quite simple, and this card allows you many opportunities to earn points.
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Additionally, make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses.
Alternative Credit Card Options
If you are looking for an alternative to the ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card, then here are some cards that offer a similar system. These include the Capital One Platinum Credit Card and Chase Freedom Card Flex.
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase,
• 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 35,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
You'll have the opportunity to earn 4X Membership Rewards® points when you dine at restaurants worldwide & at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X); 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees. Some benefits including earning up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. In addition, a $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months. Offer Expires 12/10/2020.
You'll earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases. In addition, you'll earn 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions, 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
The card does come with a $0 introductory annual fee for one year, then $95. (See Rates & Fees)
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers $200 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
You'll earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, and 1% back on other purchases.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).
With the Capital One® Platinum Credit Card:
This card can help build your credit with responsible card use and be automatically considered for a higher credit line in as little as 6 months
You'll have 24/7 access to your account and be covered with fraud coverage if your card is lost or stolen.
You're able to pay by check, online or at a local branch, all with no fee - and pick the monthly due date that works best for you
This card comes wit no annual fee.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase Business Checking Account||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$100 Cash||Review|