When you sign up for an Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express, you can earn a $200 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new card within the first 3 months from account opening. If you’re looking for a card that rewards you for frequent purchases on groceries, gas, and shopping, this card may be ideal for you!
With this card, you’ll earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets and 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, 1% back on other purchases.
On top of these features, this card has NO ANNUAL FEE as compared to the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express. There is also an introductory APR of 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months.
If you are interested in what more this card has to offer, continue reading below! However if this card isn’t for you, check out best credit card bonuses.
Table of Contents
Blue Cash Everyday Card From American Express Quick Facts
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers $200 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
You'll earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, and 1% back on other purchases.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).
|Bonus Available||$200 statement credit for spending $1,000 within the first 3 months|
|Ongoing Rewards|| 3% back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 spent per year (then 1%)
2% back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores
1% back on all other purchases
|Foreign Transaction Fees?||Yes, 2.7% per transaction|
Blue Cash Everyday $200 Bonus
With the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express, you can earn a $200 bonus. All you need to do is spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account. In addition to that, you can also also earn 3% cash back when you spend your Amex Blue Cash Everyday card at select U.S grocery stores and supermarkets. Down below are several options to acquiring this offer.
Compare the best credit card bonuses.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Blue Cash Everyday Rewards
Earn 3% cash back on U.S. supermarket purchases, up to $6,000 total per calendar year. Supermarket purchases above the $6,000 spending cap earn an unlimited 1% cash back. Unfortunately, American Express doesn’t include wholesale stores like Walmart and warehouse club stores like Costco in its definition of grocery stores.
You can also earn 2% cash back at U.S. gas station and select U.S. department store purchases. Stores include, but are not limited to, Macy’s, Sears, Nordstrom, and more!
All other purchases earn an unlimited 1% cash back. Once you earn at least $25 cash back, you can redeem for a statement credits, gift cards and general merchandise in various amounts.
Cash Back Rates Offered VS Annual Fee Cards
Although the cash back rates with the Blue Cash Everyday lack in comparison to other AmEx cash back cards, you shouldn’t look past this card. The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express gives you a higher rate of 6% in U.S. Supermarkets, 3% at U.S. Gas Stations and specific U.S. Department Stores but has an annual fee of $95. For some people, the initial annual fee could well be worth the investment, depending upon how much you estimate to spend on your card in a year.
With the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express, you can enjoy a welcome offer when you apply. Additionally, earn a good rate of 3% at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%), 2% cash back on gas and selected department stores, and 1% back on other purchases.
The American Express Blue Cash Everyday card gives you an introductory APR of 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate will apply thereafter. Since there is no annual fee, the Amex Blue Cash Everyday card works as a necessities card for daily spending.
Overall, this card is excellent for families who often buy groceries, frequently refuel their cars, and are regular department stores shoppers. If this card doesn’t provide the cash back return you want, check out the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses or more of the Best American Express Credit Card Promotions!
Learn more about this card and its features here.
What’s The Competition?
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
You'll earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. And when you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase,
• 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Card offers a one-time $200 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
The American Express Cash Magnet® Card offers $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
You'll earn unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases; your cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
The card has no annual fee. (See Rates & Fees).
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
The Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time $200 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 3% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase Business Checking Account||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$100 Cash||Review|