When you sign up for an Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express, you can earn a $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new card within the first 3 months from account opening. If you’re looking for a card that rewards you for frequent purchases on groceries, gas, and shopping, this card may be ideal for you!
With this card, you’ll earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets and 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, 1% back on other purchases. On top of these features, this card has NO ANNUAL FEE and an introductory APR of 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months (15.24% – 26.24% variable rate after). If you are interested in what more this card has to offer, continue reading below!
Table of Contents
Amex Blue Cash Everyday Card Summary
Amex Blue Cash Everyday – $150 statement credit
After spending $1,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account, you can earn a $150 statement credit. In addition to that, you can also also earn 3% cash back when you spend your Amex Blue Cash Everyday card at select U.S grocery stores and supermarkets. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring this offer.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning & Redeeming Cash Back
Earn 3% cash back on U.S. supermarket purchases, up to $6,000 total per calendar year. Supermarket purchases above the $6,000 spending cap earn an unlimited 1% cash back. Unfortunately, American Express doesn’t include wholesale stores like Walmart and warehouse club stores like Costco in its definition of grocery stores.
You can also earn an unlimited 2% cash back at U.S. gas station and select U.S. department store purchases. All other purchases earn an unlimited 1% cash back.
Once you earn at least $25 cash back, you can redeem for a statement credits, gift cards and general merchandise in various amounts.
Blue Cash Everyday Cardholder Benefits
- 24/7 roadside assistance hotline
- Rental car loss and damage insurance coverage when the full amount of the rental is charged to your card
- 24/7 global concierge service for cardmembers traveling more than 100 miles from home
- Travel accident insurance
- Extended warranties on items with original warranties set to last five years or less
- Return protection for rejected returns made within 90 days of original purchase (up to $300 per item and $1,000 per calendar year)
- Loss and damage coverage for items purchased within 90 days (up to $1,000 per item and $50,000 per calendar year)
With the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express, you can enjoy a welcome offer when you apply. Additionally, earn 3% at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%), 2% cash back on gas and selected department stores, and 1% back on other purchases.
The American Express Blue Cash Everyday card gives you an introductory APR of 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate will apply thereafter. Since there is no annual fee, the Amex Blue Cash Everyday card works as a necessities card for daily spending.
Overall, this card is excellent for families who often buy groceries, frequently refuel their cars, and are regular department stores shoppers.
Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses or more of the Best American Express Credit Card Promotions!
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you aren’t necessarily a supermarket enthusiast or prefer to spend your credit card on things other than living expenses, then consider these similar alternatives. These include the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®and Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
For More Flexibility + Rewards
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
You'll earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide; 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. And when you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
Learn More About This Card
For Everyday Spending + Cash Back
If you would like to earn cash back every time for spending on living expenses and other necessities, then cards such as the Chase Freedom Unlimited, Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card or Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card might work better for you.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card offers double cash back. You'll earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Card offers a one-time $150 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Community Business Checking||$200 Cash||Review|