With The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express, you will earn 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. To add on to this bonus offer, when you use your card 20 or more times on purchases in a billing period, you will earn 20% more points on those purchases less returns and credits.
Now, if you’re searching for a no annual fee card that’s packed with great features, this card is a great candidate. With this card, you can earn 2x points at US supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); 1x points on other purchases.
In addition to that, this card also offers an outstanding low intro APR of 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate will apply.
If you are interested in finding more about what this card has to offer, continue reading below.
Table of Contents
Amex EveryDay Card Summary
Amex EveryDay Card – 10,000 Membership RP
After spending $1,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account, you can earn 10,000 Membership Rewards Points (RP). Additionally, when you charge your card 20 times or more in a billing period, you can also earn 20% more points on those purchases. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these points.
Earning Membership Rewards Points
Use your Amex EveryDay card on every U.S. supermarket purchase to earn 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, up to a $6,000 annual purchase cap. Purchases above the cap earn an unlimited 1 point per $1 spent.
All other purchases also earn an unlimited 1 point per $1 spent. Unfortunately, American Express excludes big-box superstores like Walmart and warehouse clubs like Costco from its definition of supermarket.
Separately, the Double Membership Rewards program doubles your point earnings on most prepaid travel purchases (but not car rentals) made through American Express’s travel portal, including hotels and airfare.
Redeeming Membership Rewards Points
Redeem your Membership Rewards points at the Amex Membership Rewards portal. Redemptions start at a minimum of 1,000 points. Redeem for general merchandise, gift cards, and statement credits.
Point values range from $0.005 to $0.01. Cash equivalents are generally worth less. For example, statement credits are worth$0.006 per point, while Uber credits go for $0.01 per point.
Amex EveryDay Cardholder Benefits
The Amex EveryDay card comes with many benefits for its cardholders. These benefits include:
- 2X MR Points at AmexTravel.com: Get double points on eligible travel purchases. These include prepaid hotel stays, vacation packages and cruises. Book through AmexTravel.com.
- Roadside Assistance Hotline: Get you help when you need emergency car services. Call the number on the back of your card for towing, changing a flat, or battery boosting services. Third-party service costs are your responsibility.
- Car Rental Loss & Damage Insurance: Reserve and pay a vehicle rental and decline the collision damage waiver at the rental car counter. Get covered if the car is damaged or stolen. Secondary coverage only.
- Global Assist Hotline: When traveling 100+ miles from home, you have 24/7 access to medical, legal, financial or other select emergency coordination and assistance services. You’re responsible for third-party service charges.
- Travel Accident Insurance: Get covered for accidental death and dismemberment while traveling on a common carrier.
- Extended Warranty: Get up to two extra years added to the original manufacturer’s warranty for your purchases. Applies to warranties of 5 years or less.
- Return Protection: Tried to return something within 90 days from the date of purchase and the merchant won’t take it back? Amex may refund the full purchase price excluding shipping and handling, up to $300 per item, up to a maximum of $1,000 per calendar year per account.
- Purchase Protection: Theft and accidental damage can be covered when you use your card for eligible purchases. Valid for up to 120 days and $1,000 per occurrence, $50,000 per calendar year.
- Complementary ShopRunner Membership: Get free 2-day shipping on eligible items at 100+ online stores. Enroll in complimentary membership as a benefit of your eligible Card. Enroll now at shoprunner.com/americanexpress.
What makes the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express stand out is that it rewards its frequent spenders accordingly. This is great for those who don’t spend heavily in any singular category. Plus, you don’t need to pay an annual fee so it is affordable and beneficial.
For example, you’ll get a 20% bonus on your points if you use the card at least 20 times in one billing cycle. This means you’ll be receiving that 20% bonus each month if you spend often enough.
The biggest suggestion I have on maximizing your rewards is to spend more on groceries. Each time you use the card at any U.S. supermarkets, you’ll receive 2X the points for each dollar spent (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases). So, if you are a weekly grocery shopper, this card might just be a beneficial addition to your wallet!
Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. For more Amex offers, see our list of the Best American Express Credit Card Promotions or an extensive list of the latest credit card deals.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you don’t spend that much on groceries or necessarily have a budget set aside for them, then I suggest looking into other cards with similar offers. These cards include Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card, Chase Freedom Card, Chase Freedom Unlimited Card, and Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card.
The Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card offers $200 cash back after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn 3% Cash Back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores, plus 1% on all other purchases.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back!
Enjoy 6.5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more; 4.5% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and 3% on all other purchases (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year).
In addition, you can earn (after your first year or $20,000 spent):
• 5% cash back on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service,
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers $200 Cash Back after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn 1.5% Cash Back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.