At a glance, the U.S. Bank Aeromexico Visa Signature Card is currently offering a sign-up bonus for 15,000 miles (24,000 Premier Points) after your first card purchase. In addition to that, you also can receive a complimentary companion certificate along with other benefits exclusive to Aeromexico customers.
If you’re a frequent flyer of Aeromexico and fly to either Central America, South America or other Latin American countries, then this card would be ideal.
There is an annual fee of $80, but the annual fee will cover the cost of this card for 2 years. Also, on your card member anniversary, you can have the opportunity to receive an extra 4,000 bonus miles and a $99 companion certificate when you renew!
Editor’s Note: If you are interested in more U.S. Bank Deals, Bonuses, and Promotions, see our compiled list of U.S. Bank Deals here.
If you are interested in what more this card has to offer, then continue reading below. If this bonus appeals to you, click here to apply!
Table of Contents
Comparison of Aeromexico Visa Cards
|Card Name||Bonus Offer||Benefits||Annual Fee|
|Aeromexico Visa Card||welcome offer of 10,000 bonus miles + companion certificate||
||$45 (covered for 5 years)|
|Aeromexico Visa Secured Card||welcome offer of 3,500 bonus miles + companion certificate||
|Aeromexico Visa Signature Card||welcome offer of 15,000 bonus miles + companion certificate||
||$80 (covered for 2 years)|
Aeromexico Visa Signature Card Summary
With the Aeromexico Visa Signature Card:
- Receive a Welcome Bonus of 15,000 miles after first card use
- Complimentary companion certificate upon card approval
- 2X Miles on Gas & Groceries
- One Club Premier Mile per net $1 spent with your Aeromexico credit card
- 4,000 Annual Bonus Miles plus $99 Companion Certificate with credit card renewal
- Double Miles on Aeromexico ticket purchases and Aeromexico Vacations
- Buy three tickets and get the 4th free (applicable taxes, fees and surcharges apply)
- 1 Free upgrade per year
- Complimentary baggage
- No preset spending limit
- Visa Signature Concierge
- Premium offers
- Special dining privileges
- $80 annual fee
- Has foreign transaction fees of 2% in USD, 3% in foreign currencies
Aeromexico Visa Card – 15,000 Bonus Miles
After making your first purchase within a year of opening your account, you can earn 15,000 bonus miles and a complimentary companion certificate. In addition to that, you can also earn 4,000 bonus miles annually each time you renew your card membership. When you earn miles on your Aeromexico Visa Card, rewards appear in the Premier Points loyalty program. Each mile is equal to 1.6 Premier Points, and the bonus is actually for 5,600 in Premier Points.
There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these miles.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning Aeromexico Miles
Similar to other airline-branded cards, your miles’ worth depends on how you use them. Generally, each Aeromexico Premier Point is worth around $0.015.
Redeeming Aeromexico Miles
You can redeem your Aeromexico miles for air travel (with Aeromexico or partner airlines), hotel stays, car rentals, and other various activities.
Of course, since Aeromexico is an airline, you should ideally redeem your miles for flights with Aeromexico or its partnered airlines. Since Aeromexico is partnered with SkyTeam Member airlines, consider the convenient list down below for all other eligible airlines.
SkyTeam Member Airlines
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Air Europa
- Air France
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- Czech Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Kenya Airways
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Korean Air
- MEA (Middle East Airlines)
- Vietnam Airlines
- Xiamen Air
Aeromexico Visa Cardholder Benefits
The Aeromexico Visa Card has several benefits for a credit building card. Some of these include:
Anniversary Bonus: When you renew your card on your card member anniversary, you can receive an additional 4,000 bonus Aeromexico miles along with a companion certificate worth up to $99.
4th Ticket Free: If you purchase three Aeromexico flights, you can receive your 4th ticket for free! This offer is the most beneficial to large groups or family. There are just a few rules you have to keep in mind such as:
- Only valid for same-flight–all 4 passengers must travel together on the same flight
- Tickets are restricted to Aeromexico flights only
Free Checked Bag: You can receive one free checked bag per Aeromexico flight.
Salon Premier Lounge Access +2: You can receive one Salon Premier Lounge Access pass in the mail along with your Aeromexico credit card. This pass allows you to bring up to two guests.
If you frequently fly with Aeromexico, then the Aeromexico Visa Signature Card may be a good fit for your wallet. The 15,000 miles alone is equivalent to a one way ticket from the U.S. to Mexico. With the companion ticket, you can bring along a guest when you fly on paid Aeromexico flights from the US to Mexico within 12 months of account opening.
The complimentary companion certificate is valid for flights from the United States to Mexico only. However, customers who renew their membership can receive 4,000 bonus points every year, so that’s pretty unique!
To add on, an additional perk is that the both of you will get to enjoy the airport lounge as well. This Club Premier Day Pass is only valid within the first 12 months for Club Premier Lounge access in Mexico on the day of your flight with Aeromexico. This day pass is valid for two people from Sunday-Wednesday and for only one person during the rest of the week.
The card also comes with a few nice perks like complimentary baggage, Visa Signature Concierge, 1 free upgrade per year, and more.
If you enjoyed this reading this review, then please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses. If you’re looking to further pinpoint the best card for you, see our post on the Best Credit Card Categories!
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you aren’t necessarily an Aeromexico customer nor travel to Latin American countries often, then you may be interested in other cards that offer more flexibility. These include Chase Sapphire Preferred, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and American Express Gold Card.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time bonus of 60,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $600 in travel.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, plus, earn 4X points for Uber Eats purchases too.
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.