Looking to take a break from work? If you use cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve®, your Ultimate Rewards® points can pay for your travels!
See our full list of the latest credit card bonuses here.
Ultimate Rewards® points serve as one of the most versatile forms of payment you can use for award travel. Chase’s Ultimate Rewards® points can pay for your flights, hotels, and more. Find how to fully maximize your points below!
Booking Activities On The Chase Ultimate Rewards Portal
To use your Ultimate Rewards® points, follow the steps below:
- Find your account with Ultimate Rewards® (This is listed with your other Chase accounts).
- From the Ultimate Rewards® page, select the “Travel” tab.
- Select the “Things To Do” tab.
When you book your activity, you will receive a voucher. This voucher contains important information for your activity, such as contact information for the tour.
Cancellation can vary per activity, so if you choose to change your mind after booking, be sure to check the cancellation policy and fine print usually found on the voucher.
Editor’s Note: Activities and Ultimate Rewards Experiences refer to two different things.
How Much Is An Ultimate Rewards Point Worth?
Depending on factors such as the type of Ultimate Rewards® card you own or what you are choosing to redeem the points for, the overall value of Ultimate Rewards® points can vary.
- “Basic” Ultimate Rewards Cards: Chase Freedom Flex and Ink Business Cash Credit Card earn non-transferable points valued at $0.008 to $0.01 per point
- All other Ultimate Rewards Cards: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, and Ink Business Preferred Credit Card earn transferable points to partner loyalty programs, thus earning more value per point. Find more information about the value per point here.
Ultimate Rewards Airline/Hotel 1:1 Point Transfer Partners
|Airline Transfer Partners||Hotel Transfer Partners|
|Aer Lingus AerClub||IHG Rewards Club|
|British Airways Executive Club||Marriott Bonvoy|
|Flying Blue AIR FRANCE KLM||World of Hyatt|
|Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer|
|Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards|
|Virgin Atlantic Flying Club|
Best Cards For Earning Ultimate Reward Points
Now you understand the value behind Chase Ultimate Rewards® points, here are the current best cards to earn them.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 10X total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually.
• 5X total points on flights
• 3X points on other travel and dining
• 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
When redeeming your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 50% more value.
This card does carry a $550 annual fee and there are no foreign transaction fees. However, you're able to earn a $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year & up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card offers 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You'll earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year; 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn. Furthermore, points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee but does not have any foreign transaction fees.
Interested in more credit cards with amazing rewards? Check out our The Best Credit Cards Bonuses page!
Ultimate Rewards® point’s versatility allow you to spend it on almost any travel category. First Class seats on a long flight, a night stay at a luxurious hotel, or a personalized tour of a city of your choosing; points offer an alternative way to finally go on that trip you’ve been craving.
Leave a Reply