Chase Ultimate Rewards is great because you are allowed to transfer to many programs at a 1:1 ratio. Before you redeem the points you earned on your Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve® or Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, you must know when and how you should make the transfer.
See our best credit card bonuses here.
Be sure to continue reading to learn all you need to know about transferring points from Chase Ultimate Rewards to the World of Hyatt.
Editor’s Pick Credit Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
When To Transfer
In order to get the most value out of Chase Ultimate Rewards, take advantage of the World of Hyatt transfer partner. Only 30,000 Hyatt points can get you an award night at a top-tier property. Nightly rates of $1,000 plus means you can easily maximize your points value.
Although there are other ways to determine when to transfer, the simplest method is breaking even. You should compare two different numbers:
- How many points do you need to book a standard room via the Ultimate Rewards travel portal?
- How many points do you need to book a standard room via the World of Hyatt program?
Once you compare these two numbers, go with the one that needs less points. However, you should also take into account lower member or discount rates if you book directly with Hyatt, in addition to elite status benefits.
How To Transfer
You must set up online access for your Ultimate Rewards credit card before you can transfer your points to your World of Hyatt account. Here are the steps:
- Go to www.chase.com.
- Click on “Not enrolled? Sign up now.”
- Enter the required information.
You’ll also need a World of Hyatt account to transfer Ultimate Rewards points to. To do this:
- Go to the World of Hyatt enrollment page.
- Enter the required information.
After that, you are ready to transfer. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to do that:
- Log into your Chase account.
- Click on the Ultimate Rewards link on the right side of the page. If you have more than one Ultimate Rewards card, choose the one you want to transfer from on the next page.
- If it doesn’t automatically expand, click on “Earn/Use” at the top and then click on “Transfer to Travel Partners.”
- Scroll down and click “Transfer Points” next to “World of Hyatt.”
- Select the recipient, enter the recipient’s World of Hyatt member number and click “Continue.”
- Enter the number of points you want to transfer, in increments of 1,000. Click “Continue.”
- Review the details of the transfer on the next page. Click “Confirm & Submit.”
Transfers from Ultimate Rewards to World of Hyatt happen instantly.
Do note that these transfers are nonrefundable. You are only able to transfer to your own World of Hyatt account, or the account of a household member who is an authorized user on your card.
These steps are subject to change without notice. Make sure to log in to your Chase account and follow the prompts to transfer your UR points.
Because of its luxurious properties around the world and reasonable award rates, the World of Hyatt is a great Ultimate Rewards transfer partner. Hopefully you are now more informed about when and how you should transfer points to your World of Hyatt account.
For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses!