Apply for a Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card and receive 25,000 bonus points when you make $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days from account opening. Each purchase you make with this card is valued as $0.01 per point. For every $1 you spend, you can earn an unlimited 1.5 points. This can be redeemed for a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
This travel rewards card not only has no annual fee, but there are also no foreign transaction fees, plus an introductory o% APR as well!
You can also maximize your points by linking other Bank of America accounts, or by booking your travel through the Bank of America Travel Center. If you are interested in what more this card has to offer, then continue reading below. If this bonus appeals to you, click here to apply!
Bank of America also offers great sign-up bonuses with their Checking/Savings accounts!
Table of Contents
Bank of America Travel Rewards Card Summary
- Earn 25,000 bonus points when you make $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days from account opening
- Unlimited 1.5 points for every $1 you spend on all purchases
- $250 travel credit towards purchases
- No expiration on points
- Get a 10% customer bonus every time you redeem your cash back into a Bank of America checking or savings account
- Bank of America Preferred Rewards client can increase their bonus up to 25% – 75%
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
Bank of America Travel Rewards Card – 25k Bonus Points
After hitting the $1,000 threshold in the first 90 days of opening your account, you can earn 25,000 bonus points. In addition to that, you can also receive $250 in travel credit when you earn an unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these points.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
You can consistently earn 1.5 unlimited points per $1 spent with your Bank of America Travel Rewards Card. Points are generally valued at $0.01 per point. If you are a Bank of America Preferred Rewards client, you can boost your points by 25% – 75%.
There is no expiration to earning points, so cardholders can earn as many points as they want without worrying about restrictions.
You can redeem your points for statement credits in order to pay for flights, hotels, cruises, rental cars, baggage fees and other travel expenses. These points can be redeemed towards paying for past travel expenses or purchases rather than future expenses.
Bank of America Travel Rewards Cardholder Benefits
0% intro APR: There is an introductory o% APR for 12 billing months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply).
No Annual Fee: You can enjoy traveling without worrying about having to pay an annual fee. This Rewards card never expire as long as your account stays open and in good standing.
Bank of America Preferred Rewards: If you have an existing checking or savings account with Bank of America, you will receive a 10% customer bonus on every purchase. This card also greatly benefits Preferred Rewards account members. Preferred Rewards members can receive a bonus up to 25%-75% instead of only 10%.
Clients can receive a Preferred Rewards bonus for 3 tiers: 25% for Gold, 50% for Platinum or 75% for Platinum Honors.
Visa Signature Benefits: This benefit includes 2 prominent ones. Those are–
- Concierge Service – The Visa Signature concierge service provides concierges who can assist with travel planning, restaurant recommendations and event reservations
- Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection – Cardholders have Visa Signature privileges, including access to the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection
No Foreign Transaction Fees: You can keep earning your points outside the U.S. without having to pay a foreign transaction fee.
The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card is ideal for those who are already existing Bank of America customers. But it is also great for those who want to earn statement credits toward travel purchases, are international travelers, and don’t want to pay an annual fee. While compared to its competitors, the reward earning potential might not be as high, it is still appealing.
You can earn an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1 you spend on all purchases everywhere and every time. There is also no expiration period on the points you earn, and additionally, you can use your card to book your travels without being limited or restricted to any specific websites.
How you earn and redeem your points is pretty flexible with this card. You can redeem them as statement credits to pay for your flights, hotels, baggage fees, etc.
Similar to the Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card, if you are a Bank of America customer, you will have the highest earning potential. Standard customers get 10% while Preferred Rewards clients get between a 25% and 75% bonus, depending on the card level status.
Overall, this card a good start for anyone who is new to points and miles. It’s straightforward and you don’t have to pay an annual fee! But if you spend more and want higher rewards, you might want to look into other card offers.
Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy for more credit card bonuses.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you are looking for more options that can function as a general rewards card instead, then consider looking into these alternatives that also offer great bonus offers. These include the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
You'll earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. And when you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offers 100,000 bonus miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase Business Checking Account||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$100 Cash||Review|