Take a look at the most recent University of Michigan Credit Union promotions, bonuses, and offers here.
Right now, you can receive a $100 bonus when you open a checking and savings account.
Table of Contents
- 1 University of Michigan Credit Union Promotions Review
- 2 University of Michigan Credit Union $100 Checking Savings Bonus
- 3 Checking Account Bonuses
- 4 Special Checking Account Features
- 5 What to Open at University of Michigan Credit Union
- 6 University of Michigan Credit Union Checking Alternatives
- 7 How to Avoid University of Michigan Credit Union Checking Account Fees
- 8 Savings Account Offers
- 9 University of Michigan Credit Union Savings Alternatives
- 10 Bottom Line
University of Michigan Credit Union Promotions Review
UMCU is the only credit union headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It was established in 1954 with just 12 members and $9 in assets. Today, UMCU has more than 100,000 members and more than $950 million in assets, and they continues to grow. They have CD rates that are 22% higher than the national average.
- Bonus Links:
- Account Type: Checking, Savings
- Availability: MI
- Branches: 15 (Branch Locator)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull and Hard Pull? Let us know
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $100 within 60 days
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown, please let us know
- Early Termination Fee: None listed, check with CSR for more information
I’ll go over University of Michigan Credit Union offers below.
University of Michigan Credit Union $100 Checking Savings Bonus
- What you’ll get: $100 bonus
- Where it’s available: MI
- How to earn it:
- Open a savings account and basic checking account
- Use your debit card 10 times in the first 60 days
- When it expires: 03/31/2020
(Expires March 31, 2020)
Editors Note: Also University of Michigan is affiliated with Eastern Michigan University Credit Union and offer the same promotion
University Of Michigan Credit Union is headquartered in Ann Arbor and is the 17th largest credit union in the state of Michigan. It was established in 1954 and as of December of 2019, it had grown to 177 employees and 100,104 members at 15 locations.
Checking Account Bonuses
University of Michigan Credit Union offers cash bonuses for new checking customers from time to time. When you open a new qualifying checking account and meet the requirements, you can receive a generous bonus. Additionally, you can gain access to many great features.
Special Checking Account Features
All University of Michigan Credit Union checking accounts come with these features.
- Courtesy Pay: Courtesy pay is an additional service provided to members to use in case of an emergency. This can be used when writing a check, authorizing an ACH transaction or using your debit card. If funds are not available for any reason, Courtesy Pay will cover your purchase.
- Overdraft Protection: Sometimes the unexpected happens, and UMCU’s Overdraft Protection can help you manage those moments and gain peace of mind. This service will automatically transfer funds from your UMCU savings if there’s not enough funds in your checking account to support an upcoming transaction.
What to Open at University of Michigan Credit Union
Keep your eye out for these great University of Michigan Credit Union products:
- Checking: You can earn a $100 bonus when you refer someone open a new qualifying checking account and complete the requirements. You must sign up and for membership with University of Michigan Credit Union.
University of Michigan Credit Union Checking Alternatives
• Get up to $270 with a 3% Cash Bonus Checking Offer when you open a new HSBC Advance checking account and complete the following qualifying activities.
• Open your new HSBC Advance checking account online by June 29, 2020; and
• Set up Qualifying Direct Deposits into your new HSBC Advance checking account; and then
• Enjoy 3% Cash Bonus, up to $270, on Qualifying Direct Deposits up to $50 per month, during the first 6 calendar months after account opening
• You will automatically receive the 3% Cash Bonus in your new HSBC Advance checking account approximately eight weeks after completing that month's qualifying activities.
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $150 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost or worn debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements and TD Bank Mobile Deposit, with 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada – plus 24/7 Live Customer Service
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans
How to Avoid University of Michigan Credit Union Checking Account Fees
- Basic Checking: There are no monthly fees
- Interest Checking: $8.00 if balance falls below $500
Savings Account Offers
- Share Savings: Earn dividends on deposits with the account that give you part ownership in UMCU.
- Money Market Savings: Earn dividends on deposits as long as you have a balance of at least $2,000.
- Certificates: You’ll earn exceptional returns whether you choose to invest for 6 months or 5 years.
- Holiday Savings: Regular deposits plus dividend payments will help you afford a little extra during the holiday season.
- IRA: Save for your golden years while taking advantage of a wide range of potential tax advantages.
University of Michigan Credit Union Savings Alternatives
-Available nationwide - paired with phenomenal customer service
-Get 1.15% APY on your funds with no minimum requirements & no monthly fees!
-No hidden fees. No minimum balance to open.
-It's your money. Use it when and how you want.
-Deposit checks on the go or grow your savings with automatic transfers.
-Move money in and out of your savings account easily and securely.
-View your savings account balance and activity online or with mobile app.
-Get started and open a Discover Savings Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Discover offers CDs with some of the highest and most competitive rates!
• Select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.35% APY up to 1.25% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 1.05% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.99% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
Lastly, this bonus from University of Michigan Credit Union is $100 and has relatively simple requirements. Be sure to check with a CSR to see if this account triggers a hard or soft pull before opening.
Additionally, you can find a full list of the best bank promotions here. Finally, remember to bookmark this page because you will always find an updated list of University of MichianCredit Union promotions here.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$475 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $700||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$225 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $270||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|