With the Radisson Rewards Premier Visa Signature Card, you can earn up to 85,000 bonus miles! earn the first 50,000 after your first purchase then the additional 35,000 bonus after spending $2,500 within the first 90 days of account opening.
BankDealGuy value these points to be worth around $340. You can cover the annual fee of $75 with the card’s bonus for the next four years!
I would recommend this card to anyone, especially those who travel using any of the Radisson Family of Hotels, because you can earn points from staying with Radisson as well as everyday purchases.
Editor’s Note: If you are interested in another card from Radisson Rewards, checkout our review of the Radisson Rewards Platnium Visa Card.
Radisson Rewards Premier is issued by U.S. Bank. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts. You can also compare this card with other credit card bonuses!
Table of Contents
Radisson Rewards Premier Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn 100,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on your card within the first 90 days.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn 10 points for each $1 used towards qualifying expenses at participating Radisson Family of Hotels, and 5 points for each $1 used for other purchases.
Gain 40,000 bonus points every year when your membership has been renewed.
Get no more than 3 free night e-certificates when you’ve spent at least $30,000 in one membership year. Every $10,000 spent = 1 free night.
|Foreign Transaction Fees?||2% in USD, 3% in foreign currencies.|
|Elite Status||Automatic Gold status after you activate and use your card.
If you already have Gold or Platinum status, get 15 qualifying nights toward obtaining or maintaining Platinum status.
(Visit Radisson Rewards for more information)
- Bonus points
- High earning potential
- Anniversary bonus
- Spend bonus
- Transfer partners
- Annual fee
- Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Relatively few hotel choices
- Foreign transaction fees
Radisson Rewards Premier Card 85,000 Bonus Points
Make use of the two different introductory offers from the Radisson Rewards Premier card:
- Earn the first 50,000 bonus points after your first purchase
- Earn the additional 35,000 points after you’ve spent a minimum of $2,500 to your card in the first 90 days of having your account open.
The evaluation for these possible 85k points will be worth about $340 (more on that below).
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
What Are Radisson Rewards Points Worth
Each Radisson Rewards points are worth about $0.004 and while this is well below the industry average of $0.01 they have a high earn rate that makes up for it.
You can use these points to:
- Award night stays
- Points + Cash awards
- In-hotel awards (food and beverages at participating hotel restaurants, spa services, parking charges, in-room movies and etc.)
- Priority Pass membership
- TSA Precheck application fee
- Points transfer to airlines
- Gift cards
- Cash cards
- American Red Cross donations
Radisson Rewards Partner Airlines
|Aeroflot||Delta Airlines||Malaysia Airlines|
|Air Astana||Ethiopian Airways||Philippine Airlines|
|Air Baltic||Etihad Airways||Qantas Airways|
|Air Canada||Finnair||Qatar Airways|
|Air China||Frontier Airlines||SAS Airlines|
|Air France/KLM||Gulf Air||Saudi Arabian Airlines|
|Asiana Airlines||Hainan Airlines||Singapore Airlines|
|Avianca||Japan Airlines||South African Airways|
|British Airways||Jet Airways||Southwest Airlines|
|Cathay Pacific||Kuwait Airways||Turkish Airways|
|Czech Airlines||LATAM||United Airlines|
Radisson Rewards Premier Card Top Features
- Every year, you’re eligible to receive 40,000 bonus points
- Renew your card and pay the $75 annual fee
- This perk has a value of about $160, so it’ll more than cover the card’s cost
- One free night e-certificate for every $10,000 charged to your account during membership
- Up to a total of three free nights
- These certificates are only valid in the United States
- 25% bonus on points for eligible purchases
- 15% discount on food/drinks at participating hotel restaurants
- Complimentary room upgrade based on availability
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Welcome gift
The Radisson Rewards Premier Visa Signature Card is offering a favorable sign up bonus of up to 85,000 points! This card provides many opportunities to earn points and has a low annual fee comparatively. If you are interested in this offer, consider opening up the card!
Provide feedback in the comment below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses.