Find an updated list of Ohio Educational Credit Union Checking promotions, bonuses, and offers here.
Currently, you can take advantage of a $25 referral bonus and $25/$75 referee bonus when your refer your friends and family to open an account.
Table of Contents
- 1 Ohio Educational Credit Union Promotions Review
- 2 Ohio Educational Credit Union $25 Referral Bonus
- 3 Checking Account Bonuses
- 4 Special Checking Account Features
- 5 What to Open at Ohio Educational Credit Union
- 6 How to Avoid Ohio Educational Credit Union Checking Account Fees
- 7 Savings Account Offers
- 8 Bottom Line
Ohio Educational Credit Union Promotions Review
|Eligibility: Ohio Educational Credit Union is open to all employees, students, and alumni of any public or private educational institutions in Ohio. Membership is also open to employees of Allen Memorial Hospital, Cleveland State University, Council for Economic Opportunity, and more than 200 Ohio-based companies.
See current membership details
- Bonus Link:
- $25 Referral $25/$75 Referee Bonus (Does Not Expire)
- Account Type: Checking
- Availability: OH
- Branches: 7 Branch (Bank Locator)
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Unknown
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Early Termination Fee: None Listed
I’ll go over the Ohio Educational Credit Union offers below.
Ohio Educational Credit Union $25 Referral Bonus
- What you’ll get: $25 referral and $25/$75 Referee bonus
- Where it’s available: GA
- How to earn it:
- Existing Members
- Print and complete the New Member Referral Form with your name and address and give it to your family members and friends
- $25 will be deposited into your Share Account for each person you refer who opens a new membership (Share Account) with a checking account after both the Share and Checking accounts have been open for a minimum of 60 days
- New Members
- $25 will be deposited into your new OHecu Regular Share Account just for joining and opening a Checking Account after both the Regular Share and Checking accounts have been open for a minimum of 60 days
- $75 will be deposited
- Open a Regular Share Account, Checking Account
- Establish direct deposit of at least $400 per month within 60 days of opening your new membership
- If direct deposit is unavailable through your employer or retirement service, you can still qualify to receive $75 by opening a Term Share Certificate (regular or IRA), OHecu Visa® Card or loan product within 60 days of opening your new membership
- Existing Members
- When it expires: None
(Does Not Expire)
|Compare this offer to some of the higher end checking offers available. Current bonuses such as HSBC Premier Checking ($450 Bonus), Huntington 25 Checking ($300 Bonus), BMO Harris Bank Premier ($500 Bonus), and TD Bank Beyond Checking ($300 Bonus).|
Ohio Educational Credit Union is headquartered in Seven Hills and is the 58th largest credit union in the state of Ohio. It was established in 1900 and as of December of 2020, it had grown to 43 employees and 16,480 members at 7 locations.
Checking Account Bonuses
Ohio Educational Credit Union offers cash bonuses for new checking customers from time to time. Sometimes you have to open a qualifying checking account package to earn these bonuses. The best part is these offers are usually available nationwide.
Special Checking Account Features
All Ohio Educational Credit Union checking accounts come with these features.
- Online Banking: With OHecu Online Banking, you never have to stand in line or restrict yourself to fixed business hours because your computer is your personal, always open OHecu office. Manage your money, access your account information and perform transactions in seconds, conveniently and securely 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Money Management: Climb to new heights with OHecu’s Money Management financial management tool. Visualize and interact with your money in the most epic ways. View all your accounts and transactions in a single location.
- eAlerts: eAlerts gives you access to your account information at your fingertips. Sign up to receive an email or text message when selected transactions are processed.
What to Open at Ohio Educational Credit Union
Keep your eye out on these great Ohio Educational Credit Union products:
- Checking: You can earn a $25 referral bonus or $25/$75 referee bonus when you refer someone to open a new qualifying checking account and complete the requirements. They must sign up and for membership with Ohio Educational Credit Union.
How to Avoid Ohio Educational Credit Union Checking Account Fees
$3.95 monthly service fee with eStatements
- Signature Checking
- $5.95 monthly service fee with eStatements
- Student Signature Checking
- Free to all members 23 years of age & younger
Savings Account Offers
- Savings: This account earns 0.01% – 0.02% APY. Varying minimum opening deposit
- Money Market: 0.02% APY, depending on amount. Varying minimum balances to earn APY
- Savings Certificate: 0.07% – 0.30% APY, depending on amount.
The $25 referral bonus and $25/$75 referee bonus at Ohio Educational Credit Union offers fantastic checking options for this bonus. Their accounts allow a variety of options to best maintain your finances!
Additionally, you can find a full list of the best bank promotions here. Finally, remember to bookmark this page because you will always find an updated list of Ohio Educational Credit Union promotions here.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Citi Priority Account||Up to $1,500 Cash Bonus|
with required activities.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$225 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure BankingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|SoFi Money||$100 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Cashback Debit||$360 Debit Cashback||Review|
|BMO Harris Smart Advantage Account||$300 Cash||Review|
|Citigold Account||Up To $1500 Cash Bonus|
with required activities.
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Axos Business Savings||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$150 Cash||Review|