Find all the latest Five Star Bank promotions, bonuses, offers here.
At the moment you can earn a $250 or $150 checking bonus for a new checking account.
Table of Contents
Five Star Bank Promotions Review
Five Star Bank is headquartered in the state of New York. It was established in 1881 and has grown to 53 locations. Five Star Bank has an A health rating.
- Bonus Links:
- $250/$150 Checking Bonus (11/30/2020)
- Account Type: Checking Account
- Availability: NY
- Branches: 53 Branches (Bank Locator)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Credit Card Funding: None, at least in branch
- Early Termination Fee: None
I’ll go over Five Star Bank offers below.
Five Star Bank $250/$150 Checking Bonus
Five Star Bank is offering a $250 or $150 bonus when you open a new qualifying checking account.
- What you’ll get: $250/$150 bonus
- Where it’s available: NY
- How to earn it:
- For the $250.00 Premier Checking account (NOW account) bonus, you must open a Premier Checking account in-branch.
- For the $150.00 checking account bonus, you must open a Plus Checking, Traditional Checking, or Progress Checking account in-branch.
- In addition, to receive either the $250.00 or $150.00 bonus, you must establish a direct deposit into your account within 60 days from the last day of month the account was opened
- When it expires: 11/30/2020
(Offer expires November 30, 2020)
Furthermore, I would compare this offer to some of the best offers available. Current bonuses such as Chase Total Checking ($200 Bonus), HSBC Premier Checking ($450 Bonus), Huntington 25 Checking ($500 Bonus), TD Bank Beyond Checking ($300 Bonus) as well as the TD Bank Convenience Checking ($150 Bonus) are all fantastic offers.
Five Star Bank Checking Options
Five Star Bank offers cash bonuses for new checking customers from time to time. We will continue to post each time a new bonus becomes available.
Special Checking Account Features
As an added perk, All Five Star Bank checking accounts offer these account features:
- Online and Mobile Banking
- Access to over 43,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide
What to Open at Five Star Bank
Keep your eye out on these great Five Star Bank products:
- Premier Checking: The Premier Checking has the most flexibility and benefits of all our offerings. Earn interest, get cash back rewards, and receive preferred rates on deposit accounts.
- Plus Checking: With the Plus checking you’ll receive cash back for using your Five Star Bank debit card— plus you’ll get ATM fee credits, and wire discounts.
Five Star Bank Checking Alternatives
• Get up to $240 with a 3% Cash Bonus Checking Offer when you open a new HSBC Advance checking account and complete the following qualifying activities.
• Open your new HSBC Advance checking account online by September 30, 2020; and
• Set up Qualifying Direct Deposits into your new HSBC Advance checking account; and then
• Enjoy 3% Cash Bonus, up to $240, on Qualifying Direct Deposits up to $40 per month, during the first 6 calendar months after account opening
• You will automatically receive the 3% Cash Bonus in your new HSBC Advance checking account approximately eight weeks after completing that month's qualifying activities.
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $150 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost or worn debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements and TD Bank Mobile Deposit, with 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada – plus 24/7 Live Customer Service
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans
Five Star Bank Savings Options
This bank has numerous savings account options suited for your short term, long term, or investment needs.
- Premier Money Market Account: A Money Market account with limited check writing capabilities and preferred interest rates for our Premier Checking account holders.
- Money Market: Looking to earn some interest but still have access to your funds? This account allows you to earn interest with limited check writing capabilities.
- Statement Savings: A simple and affordable way to save for the future, and to earn some interest while doing it.
- Club Savings: Set aside money for the holidays with convenient automatic transfers and you choose an amount you’re comfortable with.
- CDs: A CD offers a higher interest rate in exchange for a commitment to keep the money in the CD for a specific period of time. Generally, the longer the duration of a CD, the higher the interest rate it pays. Terms range from 3 months to 5 years. Only need $500 to open an account
- HSA: A Health Savings Account is a tax-advantaged account available only to individuals who have qualifying High-Deductible Health Plans. You and/or your employer can deposit funds that you can use to cover qualified medical expenses incurred each year before you meet your health plan’s deductible.
Five Star Bank Savings Alternatives
-Available nationwide - paired with phenomenal customer service
-Get 0.60% APY on your funds with no minimum requirements & no monthly fees!
-No hidden fees. No minimum balance to open.
-It's your money. Use it when and how you want.
-Deposit checks on the go or grow your savings with automatic transfers.
-Move money in and out of your savings account easily and securely.
-View your savings account balance and activity online or with mobile app.
-Get started and open a Discover Savings Account in 3 easy steps.
• Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches
• Link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection.
• Chase Mobile® app – Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more — all from your device.
• Open your account online now.
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
• Available nationwide online
• Discover offers CDs with some of the highest and most competitive rates!
• Select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.25% APY up to 0.80% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.50% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.45% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
The Five Star Bank promotion is decent, but there are definitely better offers out there. Additionally, you can check out the other accounts this bank offers. Compare their offerings with your current accounts and also to some of the best banks nationwide.
Additionally, you can find a full list of the best bank promotions here. Remember to bookmark this page for an updated list of Five Star Bank promotions!
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$100 Cash||Review|