The U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card is also most compatible with everyone in that you can choose which of the qualified quarterly cash categories you wish to spend your money on. There is also no annual fee to worry about, so if you want to find out more about what unique features this card has to offer, continue reading below.
Table of Contents
U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card Summary
The U.S. Bank Cash+TM Visa Signature® Card offers new cardmembers a $150 bonus after spending $500 in eligible net purchases in the first 90 days of account opening.
You'll be able to earn 5% cash back on your first $2,000 in eligible net purchases each quarter on the combined two categories you choose. In addition, 2% cash back on your choice of one everyday category, like gas stations or grocery stores; 1% cash back on all other eligible net purchases. All with no limit on total cash back you can earn.
This card comes with no annual fee.
U.S Bank Cash + Visa Signature Card – $150 Bonus + 5% Cash Back
After spending $500 in the first 90 days of opening your account, you can earn a $150 bonus. Additionally, you can also receive 5% cash back on your first combined net purchase of $2,000 during each quarter. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these points.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning Cash Back
With the U.S. Bank Cash+ card, you can earn 5% cash back on your first $2,000 in combined eligible net purchases each quarter for up to $2,000 on two categories you choose. Additionally, you will earn 2% cash back in specific categories.
In essence, this means that you can earn 5% on categories you enroll into the categories that you choose, otherwise the card will only allow you to earn 1% cash back on purchases.
5% cash back categories include:
- Ground Transportation
- Clothing Stores
- Cell Phones
- Electronic Stores
- Car Rentals
- Gym/ Fitness Centers
- Fast Food
- Sporting Good Stores
- Department Stores
- Furniture Stores
- Movie Theaters
Make sure to choose a category in which you will be able to earn back as much cash as possible. You must enroll in two of these categories and you can only earn 5% in the ones for which you have registered.
2% cash back categories include:
- Gas Stations
- Grocery Stores
This is quite easy to earn and there is no limit on these 2% back purchases.
If you do no use your cash rewards within 36 months of earning them, they will expire. The categories change each quarter, so make sure to register for your 5% categories every month.
Redeeming Cash Back
When you open this card, you gain a Cash+ Account, and in this account you will gain statement credit for purchases made in the cash back categories. Although if you wish, you can have this amount deposited into any U.S. Bank checking, savings, or money market account, or even a U.S. bank Rewards Card.
Reward card (Gift Card) redemption must be at least $20 and must be made in $5 increments. There is no redemption minimum for statement credit or bank account deposits.
I would suggest attaching your cash back to a U.S. Bank account because this is the easiest way to use and have access to your funds, but using the Reward Card is quite simple as well.
U.S. Bank Cash+ Cardholder Benefits
The U.S. Bank Cash+ card is great because it allows you to earn cash back, no annual fee, and 0% introductory APR fee for the first 12 billing cycles:
$150 New Cardmember Bonus: After you apply online and spend $500 in the first 90 days of account opening, you will earn $150. This is a temporary signing bonus offer so be sure to open an account as soon as possible.
No Annual Fee: There is no annual fee for opening and having this card. This is an excellent opportunity to save money, while you earn it! Many cards of this caliber have an annual fee, but this one does not which allows you more funds to save or spend.
0% Introductory APR: For the first 12 months of owning the card, you will not have an APR which allows you to save even more money.
Complimentary Rental Car Insurance: Rental cars are covered through your Cash+ Card in full.
To recap, when you sign-up U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature® Card, you will earn a cash bonus of up to $150 after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 90 days from account opening.
For rewards, you get to choose which categories you want for your 5% and 2% bonus rewards for each quarter as well as your 1% back on all other purchases. How it works is you get to choose two categories to earn 5% percent cash back from. Some categories you could choose from would be restaurants, airfare, electronics, etc.
You can also claim your cash back with any amount without any minimum requirements, and it can be transferred directly into a checking account, savings account, or as a statement credit.
This is an excellent card because there is no annual fee and hold prominent benefits, make sure to sign up if you wish to earn these benefits!
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses.
Learn more about this card here.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
There are other card similar to the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature® Card, if this one isn’t particularly your liking. These other cards include Chase Freedom Unlimited, Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card, Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card, American Express Cash Magnet Card and Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card offers a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Card offers a one-time $150 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
The Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time $150 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 3% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
The American Express Cash Magnet® Card offers $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
You'll earn unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases; your cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
The card has no annual fee. (See Rates & Fees).
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
You'll earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, and 1% back on other purchases.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|