The Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa credit card from Bank of America has an introductory cash bonus offer of: $200. While this is not the best bonus around, it’s still a great card to have that doesn’t have an annual fee attached.
This credit card was made for clients that want to gain rewards while helping out breast cancer research and awareness. This organization has gotten over $9.5 million from Bank of America ever since their partnership was made in 2009.
The Susan G. Komen card will offer you 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs. You can even receive 3% cash back in your category option of:
- Online shopping
- Drug stores
- Home improvement/furnishings
Table of Contents
- 1 Susan G. Komen Card Summary
- 2 Editor’s Alternate Pick
- 3 Susan G. Komen Credit Card $200 Bonus Cash
- 4 Earning Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards
- 5 Bank of America Preferred Rewards Members Bonus
- 6 Redeeming Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards
- 7 Susan G. Komen Foundation Support
- 8 Author’s Verdict
- 9 What’s the Competition?
Susan G. Komen Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Receive $200 bonus cash rewards once you’ve spent a minimum of $1,000 in expenses in the first 90 days of having your account open.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Limited 3% cash back in the category of your choice: gas, online shopping, dining, travel, drug stores or home improvement/furnishings.**
Limited 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs.**
Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Preferred Rewards clients get a 25% to 75% rewards bonus on every expense.
|Foreign Transaction Fees?||3%|
- No annual fee
- Welcome bonus
- Bonus category of your choice
- Bank relationship bonus
- Supports breast cancer research
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Spending cap on bonus categories
- Foreign transaction fees
Editor’s Alternate Pick[tabel id= 166 /]
Susan G. Komen Credit Card $200 Bonus Cash
The Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa credit card’s welcome offer of: $200 bonus cash put onto your rewards balance. You must charge your card with a minimum of $1,000 in the first 90 days of having your account open to be able to qualify.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards
Having the Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa card is a great match for you if you don’t spend too much money. While their offers are great their rewards structure is a little difficult to understand.
The largest rewards rate for 3% cash back will be in the category of your choosing. You will be able to pick from one of the 6 different choices:
- Online shopping
- Home improvement and furnishings
If you do not pick a category in the determined time, it will be defaulted to 3% gas. With the 2% option, it will include expenses made at grocery stores and wholesale clubs. This way you will be able to gain unlimited 1% cash back for other expenses that you’ve made.
Using the 2% and 3% rates are capped to apply only to the first $2,500 made altogether in spending each quarter. Other than that, the rewards rate will go back to 1% for each expense.
However, if your spending changes, you are able to update your category to fit your expenses once a month with the mobile banking app or website.
Bank of America Preferred Rewards Members Bonus
Sign up for Bank of America Preferred Rewards and benefit from a 25% – 75% rewards increase for each expense.
To be eligible for the BoA Preferred Rewards program you have to:
- Have an active BoA personal checking account or an Advantage Banking account
- Maintain a 3-month average combined balance in your BoA accounts and/or your Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch investment accounts.
|Tier||Qualifying Combined Balance|
Customers who already signed up for the Preferred Rewards will get a 25% bonus for the Gold, 50% for the Platinum, and 75% for the Platinum Honors tiers.
Redeeming Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards
You can redeem your cash rewards for the follinwg:
- Statement credits
- Deposits made directly into a BoA checking or savings account
- Credits to eligible Merrill Lynch or Merrill Edge accounts
You can set up immediate redemptions towards a qualifying Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, or Merrill Edge account with a starting minimum of $25.
Susan G. Komen Foundation Support
If your Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa account stays active for a minimum of 90 days, and if you use it to make at least one transaction, Bank of America will donate $3 to this foundation. You will also receive 0.08% of all store expenses that have been put onto your card.
Bank of America promises to give $3 million to the Susan G. Komen Foundation Support from their credit and checking program from June 2015 to December 2020.
The best part of this account is that there are no annual fees for this cards on top of a $200 welcome bonus. Nor are there many cash back credit cards that let you choose your own 3% bonus category every month.
Those that qualify for the Preferred Rewards program can boost their rewards rate from the standard 3% all the way to 5.25% by keeping large balances with Bank of America or Merrill Lynch.
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy for more credit card bonuses.
What’s the Competition?
There are some of Susan G. Komen Credit Card’s top competitors listed below.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1.5% on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers $200 Cash Back after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn 1.5% Cash Back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time bonus of 60,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $600 in travel.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, plus, earn 4X points for Uber Eats purchases too.
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Citi Priority Account||Up to $1,500 Cash Bonus|
with required activities.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$225 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure BankingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|SoFi Money||$100 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Cashback Debit||$360 Debit Cashback||Review|
|Citigold Account||Up To $1500 Cash Bonus|
with required activities.
|PNC Bank Virtual Wallet||Up to $300 Cash||Review|
|PNC Bank Virtual Wallet Pro||Up to $200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Axos Business Savings||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$150 Cash||Review|