Available nationwide, you can earn CD rates of 2.60% APY for a 1-year term as well as a 3.10% APY for a 5-year term when you open a new Capital One CD account. Below is all the information and details you need to earn CD rates up to 3.10% APY on your funds when you open a Capital One CD account!
Editor’s Note: If you’re interested in banking with Capital One, check out our full list of Capital One Deals, Bonuses, and Promotions!
|Best CD Accounts|
11-Month No-Penalty CD Account
15-Month CD Account
12-Month CD Account
|BBVA Compass Bank|
18-Month CD Account
Table of Contents
Capital One CD Account Summary
Open up a new Capital One CD Account to earn interest on your funds.
- Rate Offer: 1-Year Term 2.60% APY, 5-Year Term 3.10% APY
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration: None listed
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown. Please inform us!
- Credit Funding: Unknown
- Opening Deposit Requirement: Any Amount
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Monthly Service Fee: None
- Early Termination Fees: A penalty will be imposed if you make a withdrawal of principal prior to the maturity date.
- Promo Code(s): None
- Interest accrued daily and compounded monthly
- No monthly maintenance fee
- No minimum balance requirement
- FDIC Insured up to $250,000
Capital One CD Account: Consider opening a new CD account if you’re looking to earn interest on your funds! Rest assured that your money is FDIC-insured up to $250,000!
Earn CD rates of 0.60-3.10% APY on a various terms by:
- Open a new CD Account with Capital One.
- Enter your info: Provide your first and last name, address, phone, email and social security number
- Select your term whether it be a 6-month, 12-month, up to a 60-month term, etc.
- Fund your account: Make the minimum opening deposit.
- Verify Information: Verify information and electronically sign your application.
- Confirmation Email: They’ll send a confirmation email.
Avoid Monthly Fees
There are no monthly fees involved with this CD Account.
If you have excess funds just sitting in your checking account (that more than likely won’t be touched), it’s a good idea to invest it in a interest bearing account like a CD. By opening a CD Account, your money will be earning money for you while you sleep by earning you a return on your funds. Please let us know if you find out any information regarding whether this account triggers a hard or soft pull.
Do you know of a better CD rate elsewhere? If so, let us know! Let us know about your thoughts and experience with Capital One in the comment section below. Be sure to check back on BankDealGuy for more CD Rate Offers!
|With the Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card:
-0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
-Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase - it's automatic
-Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
-No minimum to redeem for cash back
-Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
-Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit JourneySM
-No annual fee