Find the latest PenFed Credit Union promotions, bonuses, and offers here.
The current promotion includes a $200 checking bonus when you open a new checking account.
Table of Contents
- 1 PenFed Credit Union Promotions Review
- 2 PenFed Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
- 3 Checking Account Bonuses
- 4 Special Checking Account Features
- 5 What to Open at PenFed Credit Union
- 6 PenFed Credit Union Checking Alternatives
- 7 How to Avoid PenFed Credit Union Checking Account Fees
- 8 Savings Account Offers
- 9 PenFed Credit Union Savings Alternatives
- 10 Bottom Line
PenFed Credit Union Promotions Review
PenFed Credit Union’s mission isn’t simply to help their members get by. They exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. They exist to educate but to also encourage. Finally, they exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
- Bonus Links:
- $200 Checking Bonus (06/14/2020)
- Account Type: Checking Account
- Availability: Nationwide
- Branches: (Branch Locator)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $500 via AMEX CC
- Early Termination Fee: None listed, check with CSR for more information
I’ll go over PenFed Credit Union offers below.
PenFed Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
- What you’ll get: $200 bonus
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- How to earn it:
- Open a new Access America Checking Account
- Deposit a minimum of $1200 and make 5 debit card purchases within 90 days of account opening
- When it expires: 06/14/2020
(Expires June 14, 2020)
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions serving 1.9 million members worldwide with $25 billion in assets. They serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, and Okinawa.
Checking Account Bonuses
PenFed Credit Union offers cash bonuses for new checking customers from time to time. When you open a new qualifying checking account and meet the requirements, you can receive a generous bonus. Additionally, you can gain access to many great features.
Special Checking Account Features
All PenFed Credit Union checking accounts come with these features.
- Mobile App: The PenFed Mobile banking app provides around-the-clock access to your PenFed accounts. Get transaction details, transfer balances, track loan application status, and much more!
- Digital Wallet: PenFed digital wallet allows you to pay safely and securely from your iPhone, Android, or Samsung phone.
- Overdraft Protection: Our overdraft protection is a line of credit and is subject to credit approval.
What to Open at PenFed Credit Union
Keep your eye out for these great PenFed Credit Union products:
- Access America Checking: Premium checking with earned dividends, overdraft protection, and more! Earn 0.50% APY on balances of $20K or more up to $50K.
PenFed Credit Union Checking Alternatives
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $150 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost or worn debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements and TD Bank Mobile Deposit, with 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada – plus 24/7 Live Customer Service
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans
How to Avoid PenFed Credit Union Checking Account Fees
- Access America Checking: No monthly fee with daily balance or monthly direct deposit of $500 or more.
Savings Account Offers
- Premium Online Savings: Start earning more on savings. 1.40% Annual Percentage Yield on all balances
- Money Market Certificates: Terms from 6 months to 7 years
- Regular Savings: Establish PenFed Membership. 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield on all balances
- Money Market Savings: Free checks for easy access. 0.15% Annual Percentage Yield on all balances above $100K
PenFed Credit Union Savings Alternatives
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code BDG622 by 09/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 1.50% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
• Available nationwide online
• Discover offers CDs with some of the highest and most competitive rates!
• Select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.50% APY up to 3.20% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 1.45% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 1.40% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
Be sure to check out this promotion from PenFed Credit Union to earn a generous bonus. The requirements aren’t too hard and you’ll be able to gain access to many great features that come with the account.
Additionally, you can find a full list of the best bank promotions here. Finally, remember to bookmark this page because you will always find an updated list of PenFed Credit Union promotions here.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.