Bankdealguy has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Bankdealguy and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Navy Federal is offering a new offer with its Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card.
Starting now, you can earn 25,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 within the first 90 days of opening a new Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card.
These bonus points can be redeemed for merchandise, travel, gift cards, cash and more! Read below for all the information and details you need to earn your Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card.
Editor’s Note: If you are interested in another card from Navy Federal Credit Union, be sure to checkout our review of the Navy Federal cashRewards Credit Card.
Membership Eligibility: To become a member, you or one of your family or household members must have ties to the armed forces, DoD or National Guard. If you are interested in this offer, make sure to check out their membership requirements.
Table of Contents
The Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card offers 25,000 Bonus Points when you spend $3,000 within 90 days of account opening.
You'll earn 3X points on food delivery, supermarkets, gas and transit and 1X points on everything else with no limit on the rewards you can earn and never expire as long as account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees. In addition, there are no balance transfer fees.
|Bonus Available||Earn 25,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 within 90 days of account opening|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||3 points per dollar on supermarket, gas, transit and restaurant purchases
1 point per dollar on other purchases
|Foreign Transaction Fees?||0% per transaction|
- Points don’t expire
- No limit to the points you can earn
- No blackout dates
- Variety of redemption options, including gift cards, merchandise, travel and cash back
- Airfare must be booked through NFCU website
Editor’s Alternative Pick
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase,
• 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
Earn 25,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 within the first 90 days of opening a new Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card. For more ways to meet the spending requirement, check some of these methods.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
The Navy Federal More Rewards American Express Card is a nice, low maintenance card that’ll get everything you need done.
So, if you’re looking for a convenient and reliable credit card, look no further, and sign up for this card to receive your bonus today.
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Additionally, make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses.
What’s The Competition?
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 35,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
You'll have the opportunity to earn 4X Membership Rewards® points when you dine at restaurants worldwide & at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X); 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees. Some benefits including earning up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. In addition, a $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months. Offer Expires 12/10/2020.
You'll earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases. In addition, you'll earn 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions, 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
The card does come with a $0 introductory annual fee for one year, then $95. (See Rates & Fees)
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers $200 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
You'll earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, and 1% back on other purchases.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).
The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card offers 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months – a $200 cash redemption value.
You'll earn 3X points for:
• eating out and ordering in
• gas stations, rideshares and transit
• travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals
• on popular streaming services
• 1X points on other purchases
This card comes with no annual fee.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase Business Checking Account||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$100 Cash||Review|