Hey students! If you're in the market for a credit card to get started with, try out the Journey Student Credit Card from Capital One today. With this card you can get 1.25% cashback on all your purchases. It breaks down like 1% cashback on all purchases, plus a 25% bonus on the cash back you earn each month you pay on time, so you get a total of 1.25% cash back. Also, this card has no annual fee so its well suited for students with average credit. Keep reading to find out more about this card!
Table of Contents
Capital One Journey Student Credit Card Summary
With the Journey® Student Rewards from Capital One®:
• Earn 1% cash back on all your purchases. Pay on time to boost your cash back to a total of 1.25% for that month
• There's no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn, and rewards won't expire for the life of the account
• Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
• Pay no annual or foreign transaction fees
• Fraud coverage if your card is lost or stolen
• Pick the monthly due date that works best for you
Earning & Redeeming Cash Back Rewards
The Capital One Journey Student Card earns an unlimited 1% cash back on all purchases. You'll receive a bonus equal to 0.25% of the cash back you earned if your account isn't past due on the last day of the billing cycle. This leads to a total cash back rate of 1.25%. There’s no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn, and rewards don’t expire.
Redeem your cash back in any amount, at any time, for a statement credit or paper check. You can also set up automatic redemptions, either at a set time each calendar year, or when you hit a specified threshold of $25, $50, $100, or $200.
Journey Student Cardholder Benefits
- Credit Line Increase: Capital One automatically considers you for a credit line increase if you make your first 5 payments in a timely manner. Your credit line may continue to increase with further timely payments. However, there's no guarantee.
- Capital One CreditWise: Get a free credit score with your paper or online statement each month. You can check your score on demand in your online account dashboard. In addition, CreditWise includes some free credit-building tools and educational content.
- 24/7 emergency card replacement for travelers
- Complimentary rental car insurance when you charge the full cost of the rental to your card
Capital One has created the Journey Student Credit Card especially with students in mind, so the benefits will definitely pay off. Build credit and manage your transactions with your very own student credit card. Not only is this a great starter card, it is also offers 1.25% cashback on all purchases with no annual fee! Sign up today if this is the card for you.
If you’re interested in learning about the best cards to use for book store purchases, then be sure to check out our Best Credit Cards For Bookstore Purchases master post for more information!
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this credit card. If you’re just looking for more credit card options in general, then definitely check out our Best Credit Card Deals master post!
Learn more about this card and find out how you can apply here.