For those who are frequent flyers of Frontier Airlines, consider signing up for the Frontier Airlines World MasterCard® from Barclaycard which is now offering up to 60,000 bonus miles after $500 in purchases within the first 90 days and paying the annual fee.
If you are interested in finding more about what else this card has to offer, then continue reading below.
If you can’t find who the bank issuer is you can just say “You can also compare Frontier Airlines World MasterCard with other credit card bonuses!”
Table of Contents
Frontier Airlines World MasterCard Summary
If you fly with Frontier often, then you will see that this airline card would be worth its decently priced annual fee of $79. You will receive 5x miles on Frontier Airlines, 3x miles on retaurant purchases, and 1x miles on anything else, this would include the signup bonus.
It allows you to get lots of miles for your elite status that would qualify you for an annual $100 flight discount voucher when all the qualifications and spending requirements have been fulfilled.
|Bonus Available||Earn the first 40,000 bonus miles after spending $500 on purchases and paying the annual fee in full, both within the first 90 days. Then earn additional 20,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first 6 months|
|Travel Credit||Get a $100 flight voucher after each account anniversary when you make a minimum of $2,500 in purchases in your card member year.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Receive 5 miles for each $1 spent at flyFrontier.com, 3 miles for each $1 spent at restaurants, and 1 mile for each $1 spent everywhere else.
Get 1 qualifying mile for your elite status for each $1 spent on purchases.
Enjoy priority boarding.
|Balance Transfer Fees||None|
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None|
* Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by BankDealGuy and not the card issuer.
View the latest valuations here.
- Earn bonus miles on eligible purchases
- Bonus on restaurant spending
- Priority boarding
- Award redemption fee waiver
- Earn a flight voucher annually
- Earn elite status faster
- Points pooling
- Transfer partners
- Complimentary FICO score
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual Fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Complicated rewards
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
Frontier Airlines Card 60,000 Bonus Miles Offer
Earn 60,000 bonus miles from Frontier Airlines World MasterCard. To qualify, you must spend $500 on purchases in the first 90 days and paying the annual fee. With this bonus miles, you can redeem for up to two round trip award tickets. These points are valued to be at around $660.
To qualify for the first 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $500 on purchases and paying the annual fee in full, both within the first 90 days. Then earn the additional 20,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first 6 months.
The round trip award travel may be booked once a minimum of 20,000 miles have been earned and deposited into member's myFRONTIER account.
There are many ways to meet the spending requirements, but if you need help acquiring the points here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirements:
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Frontier Airlines World MasterCard Benefits
- Keep miles from expiring by making at least one purchase every 6 months.
- Complimentary Fico Credit Score: As a cardholder, you’re entitled to a complimentary FICO score! There’s no charge and no membership requirement for this benefit, which is great for folks who want to gauge how their credit scores improve (or decline) over time
- Award Redemption Fee Waived when you book an award ticket and use your Frontier Airlines World Mastercard to pay the related taxes and fees, starting from $5.60 for a one-way ticket.
- Mastercard Travel Assistance Service is a 24/7 fallback for travelers facing uncertainty on the road.
- Trip Interruption and Cancellation Coverage: According to Barclaycard, this coverage “protects against forfeited, non-refundable payments and deposits if a trip is canceled or interrupted for cover[ed] reasons,” such as accident, illness, or involuntary job loss.
- Baggage Delay Insurance: If baggage checked with a common carrier (such as a major airline or rail operator) is delayed due to certain covered reasons, you’ll receive reimbursement for the inconvenience.
- Price Protection: If you find a lower price on a purchased item paid in full with your card, you’re entitled to a refund of the difference (subject to certain restrictions and limitations).
If you are a frequent flyer of this airline, the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard would be a great card to have. Even if you don't fly that often with Frontier, their annual fee of $79 annual fee is well worth its price. It will only work if you apply for the sign up bonus and the annual $100 flight discount to be able to qualify for this travel rewards card.