Find the latest Valley First Credit Union promotions, bonuses, and offers here!
Earn a $100 and $200 bonus for opening a checking account.
Valley First Credit Union Promotions Review
Valley First Credit Union offers financial services to residents of California. They provide checking & savings account as well as loans and business services. They give money back to their members with higher dividend rates on savings and lower interest rates on loans. They have an A health rating.
|Membership eligibility: Membership in Valley First Credit Union is open to those who live, work, worship, or attend school in the California counties of Calaveras, Fresno, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tuolumne, or Tulare. Employees of more than 160 Select Employer Groups also qualify for membership. See full membership details.|
I’ll go over Valley First Credit Union offers below.
Valley First Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
- What you’ll get: $200 bonus
- Availability: CA (Bank Locator)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, $750+
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull or Hard Pull?
- Monthly Fees: None
- Early Termination Fee: None listed, check with CSR for more information
- How to earn it:
- Open a new Purple Checking Account
- $200 bonus will be credited to your new Purple Checking account 100 calendar days after account opening providing the following conditions have been met:
- Have an established direct deposit of $750/month or more
- are enrolled in Online Banking
- and are enrolled in eStatements.
(No Expiration Date Listed)
|Compare this offer to some of the higher end checking offers available such as U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking ($450 Bonus), and TD Bank Beyond Checking ($300 Bonus), Fifth Third Bank Preferred Checking ($200 Bonus), KeyBank Checking ($200 bonus).|
- Offer does not apply if you have an existing Valley First Credit Union checking account or have closed a Valley First checking account within the last 12 months, including joint account ownership.
- $200 bonus will be credited to your new Purple Checking account 100 calendar days after account opening providing the following conditions have been met: Have an established direct deposit of $750/month or more, are enrolled in Online Banking and are enrolled in eStatements.
- Account must be open and in good standing to receive Bonus.
- Bonus Dividend will be reported as interest (dividends) assumed on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- New accounts subject to ChexSystems.
- Membership eligibility requirements apply.
- Membership requires a Primary Share Account opened wit han initial $25 deposit plus a $5 one-time membership fee, for a total of $30.
Valley First Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
- What you’ll get: $100 bonus
- Where it’s available: CA
- How to earn it:
- Open a new Purple Checking Account must receive direct deposit within 60 days of account opening to receive offer.
- $100 bonus will be credited to new Purple Checking Account within 100 days of account opening after qualifications have been met.
- When it expires: 12/31/2022
(Offer expires 12/31/2022)
|Furthermore, I would compare this offer to U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking ($450 Bonus), SoFi Checking and Savings Account ($275 Bonus), Chase Total Checking ($200 Bonus), Fifth Third Bank Momentum® Checking ($200 Bonus), KeyBank Checking ($200 bonus).|
How to Avoid Monthly Fees
- Purple Checking: None
- OnTrak Checking: reduce the $10 monthly service fee to $8 by having a direct deposit into the account during the Monthly Qualification Cycle.
- Business Checking: $12 Monthly Service Fee (waived with a $1,500+ average daily checking balance OR $4,000+ average daily combined balance). $0.20 per cash deposit, after the first $3,000 in cash deposits (in-branch processing only)
- Impact Business Checking: None
- Nonprofit Checking: None listed
To summarize, Valley First Credit Union is offering some of the best promotions, bonuses, and offers. However, keep in mind that waiving the monthly service fees can be difficult if you cannot meet the high account requirements, so make sure you choose the right account!