Chase Freedom Credit Card Cashback Calendar: For Chase Freedom Credit Card holders, we’ve compiled a post where you can keep up with the 5% cashback categories each quarter. Be sure to log into your Chase account to activate each quarter’s 5% cashback categories!
- 5% Cashback Categories Overview
Q1 (Jan – March 2019): Gas Stations, Drugstores, and Tolls Q2 (April – June 2019): Grocery Stores, Home Improvement Stores
- Q3 (July – Sept 2019): Gas Stations, Select streaming services
- Q4 (Oct – Dec 2019): Coming Soon – Paypal, Chase Pay, Department Stores (Activation begins 09/15/2019)
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
Table of Contents
- 1 Chase Freedom Credit Card Cashback Calendar
- 2 Chase Bank Mobile App
- 3 Still Have Questions?
- 4 Interested In A Checking & Savings Account?
- 5 Author’s Verdict
Chase Freedom Credit Card Cashback Calendar
1st Quarter: January – March 2019
During the 1st quarter (January – March 2019), you can earn 5% cashback rewards in the following categories: Gas Stations, Drugstores, and Tolls on up to $1,500 in combined purchases when you activate. Be sure to log into your account to activate the cashback category offer!
- Gas Stations: Does not include merchants that do not specialize in selling automotive gasoline; for example, truck stops, boat marinas, oil and propane distributors, and home heating companies.
- Drugstores: From everyday necessities to stocking up on cold medicine this flu season, Chase Freedom is helping customers earn cash back on many of their winter must-haves.
- Tolls: Whether it’s visiting colleges, weekend getaways or just their daily commute – Chase Freedom cardmembers can earn 5% cash back on tolls on their next trip.
2nd Quarter: April – June 2019
During the 2nd quarter (April – June 2019), you can earn 5% cashback rewards in the following categories: Grocery Stores and Home Improvement Stores on up to $1,500 in combined purchases when you activate. Be sure to log into your account to activate the cashback category offer!
- Grocery stores: This includes large grocery chains and small local grocery stores. These stores sell gift cards to other stores as well. Check how a store is categorized. Some merchants that sell grocery items, such as Walmart, Target, discount stores and warehouse clubs, as well as drugstores and merchants that specialize in only a few items will not qualify for the bonus. Also, purchases made at gas stations operated by merchants who also operate grocery stores are not eligible.
- Home Improvement stores: This includes large chains like Home Depot and Lowe’s and smaller home improvement stores. These stores sell gift cards to other stores as well. Merchants that sell a wide variety of general goods that may include home improvement supplies, such as warehouse clubs, discount stores and grocery stores are not included. Merchants that specialize in home furnishings, garden and landscaping supplies are excluded from earning the bonus.
You can still activate the categories until June 14, 2019. Finally, you can earn 5% cashback on qualifying transactions at the Grocery Store and Home Improvement Stores.
3rd Quarter: July – September 2019
During the 3rd quarter (July- September 2019), you can earn 5% cashback rewards in the following categories: Gas Stations and Select Streaming Services on up to $1,500 in combined purchases when you activate. Be sure to log into your account to activate the cashback category offer!
- Gas Stations: This includes big names like Exxon, Shell, BP, etc. You can find the list of gas stations here. Some people are able to buy gift cards at their local gas station or convenience store and have it code as gas. Do a small test purchase to ensure the locations counts in the gas category.
- Select Streaming Services: Merchants in the Select Streaming Services category specialize in delivering music and video content over the internet. Only subscriptions paid for or purchases made with the following select merchants will qualify for this offer: Netflix, Hulu, Sling, Vudu, FuboTV, Apple Music, SiriusXM, Pandora, Spotify.
You can still activate the categories until September 14, 2019. Finally, you can earn 5% cashback on qualifying transactions at the Grocery Store and Home Improvement Stores.
4th Quarter: October – December 2019
Starting October 1, 2019 the Chase 5% Cashback Categories will have changed. Check back here to see our updates on the rotating categories.
Remember to activate the categories starting September 15, 2019 to earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in this quarter’s bonus categories. See the FAQs.
- Chase Pay
- Department Stores
Chase Bank Mobile App
- All your banking, in your pocket or purse. Download the Chase Bank Mobile App today via iOS or Android. Chase Freedom Credit Card Cashback Calendar
Still Have Questions?
- Reach someone helpful. Call 1-800-935-9935!
Interested In A Checking & Savings Account?
If you need a source to keep up with the cashback quarters, hopefully this Chase Freedom Credit Card Cashback Calendar post helped you! Let us know if it did in the comment section below! If you’re running low on checks, see our review on how to get order a new checkbook from Chase.
Let us know about your thoughts and experience with Chase Bank in the comment section below! If you’re interested in more info regarding Chase Bank offers, check out our full listing of Chase Bank Deals and the latest Chase Coupons & Promotions here! Be sure to check back on BankDealGuy for more bank deals!
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|