Find an updated list of Technology Credit Union promotions, bonuses, and offers here.
Currently, you can take advantage of a $150 and $100 bonus when you open a Checking Account and meet all the requirements.
Table of Contents
- 1 Technology Credit Union Promotions Review
- 2 Checking Account Bonuses
- 3 Savings Account Offers
- 4 Bottom Line
Technology Credit Union Promotions Review
What started with a few thousand dollars and a couple of accounts has evolved into a leader in the Bay Area and one of the 100 largest credit unions in the US. Today, Tech CU provides a full array of financial products and services, that include bank bonuses, CD rates, and bank rates, to over 100,000 members including employees from many of Silicon Valley’s top companies.
|Eligibility: Anyone who lives, works, goes to school, or regularly worships in Santa Clara, Alameda, San Mateo, Contra Costa, San Francisco, or Santa Cruz counties is eligible to become a member. Membership is also open to current and retired employees of affiliated technology-related companies in California, as well as their immediate and extended family members.
See current membership details
- Bonus Link:
- Account Type: Student Checking Account
- Availability: CA
- Branches: 5600 Branches (Bank Locator)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Unknown
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Early Termination Fee: See below
I’ll go over the Technology Credit Union offers below.
Technology Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus
- What you’ll get: $150 bonus
- Where it’s available: CA
- How to earn it:
- Open a new Tech CU checking account and, within 90 days of account opening, establish at least one recurring monthly direct deposit to the checking account of at least $250 per deposit.
- $100 credit will post to the membership savings account after the qualifying direct deposit is received, but will not be available for withdrawal until six months after checking account opening.
- When it expires: 12/31/2020
(Expires December 31, 2020)
Furthermore, I would compare this offer to some of the best offers available. Current bonuses such as Chase Total Checking ($200 Bonus), HSBC Premier Checking ($450 Bonus), Huntington 25 Checking ($500 Bonus), TD Bank Beyond Checking ($300 Bonus) as well as the TD Bank Convenience Checking ($150 Bonus) are all fantastic offers.
Technology Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
- What you’ll get: $100 bonus
- Where it’s available: CA
- How to earn it:
- Open a new Tech CU Business Basic Checking or Tech CU Business Interest Checking account
- Set up USMS merchant processing with the business account
- Business must meet security and credit requirements to qualify
- When it expires: None
(Does Not Expire)
Tech CU offers certificates ranging from one month to 60 months! Generally, the longer amount of time you choose, the higher the rate of return. They have over 65,000 fee-free ATMs worldwide — that’s more than Chase, Wells Fargo and Bank of America combined.
Checking Account Bonuses
Technology Credit Union offers cash bonuses for new checking customers from time to time. Sometimes you have to open a checking plus savings account package to earn these bonuses. These promotions provide fantastic accounts with great services and features.
As an added perk, All Technology Credit Union checking accounts offer free online banking, mobile banking, and mobile deposits.
Special Checking Account Features
All Technology Credit Union checking accounts come with these features.
- eStatements: Receive monthly email notifications when account statements, loan notices, and end-of-year tax notices are ready to view, print, or securely download.
- Online Banking: The easiest way to make and track payments, and manage your finances all in one place.
- ATM Transactions: Free unlimited ATM withdrawals at Altra-owned ATMs
What to Open at Technology Credit Union
Keep your eye out on these great Technology Credit Union products:
- Interest Checking: You can earn a 0.25% APY Rate when you open a new interest checking account and complete the requirements. You must maintain $1,500 minimum average daily balance.= to earn the rate.
Technology Credit Union Checking Alternatives
• Get up to $240 with a 3% Cash Bonus Checking Offer when you open a new HSBC Advance checking account and complete the following qualifying activities.
• Open your new HSBC Advance checking account online by March 31, 2021; and
• Set up Qualifying Direct Deposits into your new HSBC Advance checking account; and then
• Enjoy 3% Cash Bonus, up to $240, on Qualifying Direct Deposits up to $40 per month, during the first 6 calendar months after account opening
• You will automatically receive the 3% Cash Bonus in your new HSBC Advance checking account approximately eight weeks after completing that month's qualifying activities.
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $150 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost or worn debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements and TD Bank Mobile Deposit, with 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada – plus 24/7 Live Customer Service
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans
How to Avoid Technology Credit Union Checking Account Fees
- Basic Checking: No Monthly Fees
- Interest Checking: $6 fee waived with:
- Monthly direct deposit into Checking* or
- $2500 daily balance in Insured Investment Account, or
- Preferred Plus or Premier level relationship
Savings Account Offers
- Membership Savings: This account earns 0.25% APY. No minimum deposit and there are no monthly service fees
- Health Savings Account: A Tech CU Health Savings Account (HSA) is designed to help you save for qualified medical expenses. We offer both Single and Family HSA accounts to help you save for current and future health care needs. Earn 0.65% APY.
- Money Market Plus: 0.30% – 1.85% APY, depending on amount. Varying minimum balances to earn APY
Technology Credit Union Savings Alternatives
-Available nationwide - paired with phenomenal customer service
-Get 0.50% APY on your funds with no minimum requirements & no monthly fees!
-No hidden fees. No minimum balance to open.
-It's your money. Use it when and how you want.
-Deposit checks on the go or grow your savings with automatic transfers.
-Move money in and out of your savings account easily and securely.
-View your savings account balance and activity online or with mobile app.
-Get started and open a Discover Savings Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Discover offers CDs with some of the highest and most competitive rates!
• Select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.60% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.40% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.35% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
These are all the current Technology Credit Union promotions. In addition, be sure to mention the unique promo codes for each account and meet all the requirements. If you are interested in this credit union this could be an opportunity for you. However, if you are just looking for nice sign up bonuses, there are better promotions out there.
Additionally, you can find a full list of the best bank promotions here. Finally, remember to bookmark this page because you will always find an updated list of Technology Credit Union promotions here.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Wise Business Banking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$100 Cash||Review|