Check out the latest San Mateo Credit Union promotions, bonuses, and offers here!
Right now, they’re offering a $100 bonus for opening a new checking account.
Table of Contents
San Mateo Credit Union Promotions Review
Founded in 1952, today San Mateo Credit Union is the 40th largest credit union in the state of California. They are a not-for-profit, member-owned financial institution committed to the financial wellness of its members.
I’ll go over San Mateo Credit Union offers below.
San Mateo Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
- What you’ll get: $100 bonus
- Availability: CA (Bank Locator)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull online, Hard Pull in branch
- Monthly Fees: None
- Early Termination Fee: Soft Pull online, Hard Pull in branch
- How to earn it:
- Open a Premium Checking by November 30, 2022
- Make 10+ debit card purchases for at least $100 in spending during the first full calendar month after account opening
(Offer expires November 30, 2022)
|Furthermore, I would compare this offer to some of the best offers available for entry level checking accounts. Current bonuses such as the and SoFi Checking and Savings Account ($325 Bonus), Citi Priority Account (Up to $2,000 Cash Bonus), Chase Total Checking ($200 Bonus), Fifth Third Bank Momentum® Checking ($250 Bonus).|
- Open a new San Mateo Credit Union (SMCU) Premium Checking account (no other account types are eligible) from 9/1/22 – 11/30/22. During the full calendar month immediately following the month in which the account is opened, have 10 or more signature-based purchases or payments for at least $100 in spend using the SMCU debit card(s) associated with the new checking account. ATM and ACH transactions are not eligible. In the case of a joint account, purchases and payments from multiple debit cards will be added together.
- Membership eligibility requirements apply. Must be age 18 or older. Offer is not available for existing SMCU members who have an open checking account as of 8/31/22. SMCU employees, affiliates, and their families are not eligible. Offer may change or be discontinued at any time without prior notice. Limit of one bonus-eligible checking account per individual and per mailing address. Cash bonus for the month will be paid to the open, eligible checking account within 31 days after the qualification period ends. The account must have a positive balance at the time of payout to receive the bonus. SMCU will classify the bonus as interest paid to the checking account where the bonus is credited. Any applicable taxes associated with the bonus are the responsibility of the SMCU account holder. To the extent required by law, SMCU will report the total value of this bonus to the IRS on Form 1099-INT for the tax year in which the bonus was paid.
How To Avoid Monthly Fees
- Premium Checking: No monthly fees
- Free Checking & Student Checking: No monthly fees
- Business Checking: $15.00 monthly waived if an average daily balance of $4,000 is maintained.
- Business Basic Checking: $7.50
- Nonprofit Business Checking: No monthly fees
San Mateo Credit Union has some of the best promotions, bonuses, and offers. Plus it’s even better that their checking accounts doesn’t have any monthly fees!