The following offer is from our partner American Express. The opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Available nationwide, American Express is offering you a 0.40% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) as of 3/11/21 on your funds for opening a new American Express High-Yield Savings Account.
Below is all the information you need to open an American Express High-Yield Savings Account .
With the American Express® High Yield Savings account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Table of Contents
American Express High-Yield Savings Account Summary
Here is your opportunity to earn the current APY on your funds. Open a new account and get started today!
- Bonus Offer: 0.40% APY Rate
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration: None
- Credit Funding: Unknown
- Opening Deposit Requirement: Any
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Monthly Service Fee: None
- Early Termination Fees: None listed
- Promo Code(s): None
Apply Now: Consider opening an account to earn the fantastic rate on your funds. Apply today!
- No minimum deposit- You can open your account with as little as $1 and still continue to earn the current APY rate.
- No monthly fees: You’ll be able to earn as much as possible and not have to worry about monthly fees cutting into your return.
- Multiple ways to access your money- Being able to access your account from the internet gives you the ability to transfer money very easily, You can also manage your account using your phone.
- FDIC insured- Your funds will be FDIC insured up to the maximum amount of $250,000.
Steps To Open A New Account
- Step 1: Your Information. Gather the following information to apply:
- Social Security Number
- Email Address
- Home Address
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Account and Routing numbers (primary applicant only)**
- Step 2: Submit Application. Apply Now
- Step 3: You’ll Receive Confirmation. You will receive an online and/or email confirmation when your application is approved. Additionally, you will receive an American Express® High Yield Savings Account Welcome Kit in the mail.
- Step 4: Fund Your New Account. You can fund your account online either by linking your current bank account or by mailing a check. Start earning interest on the business day‡ we receive your deposit.
**To fund an American Express High Yield Savings Account electronically, the primary applicant will need the Routing and Account numbers of the external account from which the funds are being transferred.
Avoid Monthly Fees
- American Express High-Yield Savings Account: No monthly fees
Savings rate can change quite often. With that said, you can take advantage of the best nationwide savings rates here as well as the best savings account bonuses. I would recommend the UFB Direct High Yield Savings and the CIT Bank Savings Builder accounts as they offer exceptional industry leading rates available nationwide. The Chase SavingsSM account has a nice sign-up bonus.
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.45% APY||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover® Online Savings Account||0.40% APY||Review|
If you’re on the search for an interest bearing account with a competitive rate in addition to an institution you can depend on, this is one of the top accounts to consider! Open an account today and start earning interest on your funds.
If you know of any account similar to this or better, please let us know by commenting below! Let us know about your thoughts and experience with this account! Be sure to check back on BankDealGuy for more bank deals and/or for more bank rates! If you’re interested in getting a credit card, look at our full list of the Best Credit Card Promotions!
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Citi Priority Account Package||$700 Cash|
With required activities.
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$100 Cash||Review|