The following offer is from our partner American Express. The opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Available nationwide, American Express is offering you a 1.40% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) as of 8/4/22 on your funds for opening a new American Express High-Yield Savings Account.
Below is all the information you need to open an American Express High-Yield Savings Account .
With the American Express® High Yield Savings account:
• Earn 1.40% APY as of 8/4/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Table of Contents
American Express High-Yield Savings Account Summary
Here is your opportunity to earn the current APY on your funds. Open a new account and get started today!
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration: None
- Credit Funding: Unknown
- Opening Deposit Requirement: Any
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Monthly Service Fee: None
- Early Termination Fees: None listed
- Promo Code(s): None
Learn More at American Express: Consider opening an account to earn the fantastic rate on your funds. Apply today!
- No minimum deposit- You can open your account with as little as $1 and still continue to earn the current APY rate.
- No monthly fees: You’ll be able to earn as much as possible and not have to worry about monthly fees cutting into your return.
- Multiple ways to access your money- Being able to access your account from the internet gives you the ability to transfer money very easily, You can also manage your account using your phone.
- FDIC insured- Your funds will be FDIC insured up to the maximum amount of $250,000.
Steps To Open A New Account
- Step 1: Your Information. Gather the following information to apply:
- Social Security Number
- Email Address
- Home Address
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Account and Routing numbers (primary applicant only)**
- Step 2: Submit Application. Apply Now
- Step 3: You’ll Receive Confirmation. You will receive an online and/or email confirmation when your application is approved. Additionally, you will receive an American Express® High Yield Savings Account Welcome Kit in the mail.
- Step 4: Fund Your New Account. You can fund your account online either by linking your current bank account or by mailing a check. Start earning interest on the business day‡ we receive your deposit.
**To fund an American Express High Yield Savings Account electronically, the primary applicant will need the Routing and Account numbers of the external account from which the funds are being transferred.
Avoid Monthly Fees
- American Express High-Yield Savings Account: No monthly fees
|SoFi Checking and Savings Account||$300 Cash + 1.80% APY||Review|
|Discover® Online Savings Account||$200 Cash + 1.50% APY||Review|
|Axos Bank Business Savings||$200 Cash + 0.20% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||Amazon Prime + 1.30% APY||Review|
|Patriot Bank Money Market||2.05% APY||Review|
|mph.bank Money Market||2.02% APY||Review|
|State Exchange Bank||2.00% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Connect||1.90% APY||Review|
|Quontic Bank Money Market||1.85% APY||Review|
|Quontic Bank High Yield Savings||1.85% APY||Review|
|UFB Savings||1.81% APY||Review|
|UFB Money Market Account||1.81% APY||Review|
|Ponce Bank Money Market||1.75% APY||Review|
|SkyOne Federal Credit Union Money Market||1.70% APY||Review|
|Liberty Savings Bank||1.51% APY||Review|
If you’re on the search for an interest bearing account with a competitive rate in addition to an institution you can depend on, this is one of the top accounts to consider! Open an account today and start earning interest on your funds.
If you’re interested in getting a credit card, look at our full list of the Best Credit Card Promotions!