*This offer has expired and is no longer available.*
When you sign up for a IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card, you will earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening. To top that offer, you can earn 5,000 bonus points when you add your first authorized user and make your first purchase within the same three month frame. If you want to find out more about what unique features this card has to offer, continue reading below.
Editor’s Note: Could this card be discontinued? Revamped? Meanwhile, if you were interested in applying for this card, now is the time to do so. It is rumored that this card is to be ending and may relaunched with different terms. This card is favored for its perk (free night). To keep this feature and be grandfathered into its beneficial features, it may be ideal to apply now.
Hotel Stay Categories
With IHG, you will earn 5X the points on IHG properties. So if you spend $1,000 on purchases in a year, you will earn about 5,000 points and $2,000 would get you 10,000 points, so on and so forth. You will also get to enjoy a free night’s stay for every account anniversary year that you are a cardholder. With over 5,000 affiliated hotels to choose from, you can easily rack up your points. Additionally, you will also automatically receive a 10% rebate on all points that you redeem — up to 100,000 points each year.
Be sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore the best credit cards related to hotel stay categories.
IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card Summary
With the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card:
• Earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 within the first three months of account opening
• Get a Free Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, get a free reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
• Earn 25x points total per $1 spent at an IHG hotel stay; 2x points per at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1x point on all other purchases
• Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
• Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
• IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®
Learn More About This Card Here
With the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card, you’ll get a nice sign-up bonus along with additional bonus points when you spend the required amount during the time frame that is offered. Aside from the high rewards rate on IHG hotels, being able to double your points by spending in the common every day categories such as gas, restaurants, and grocery stores will encourage you to carry the card with you on a regular basis. The annual fee of $49 can be compensated if you keep decide to keep this card for long term. A feature to justify this is you’ll be able to receive one free night each year at Intercontinental Hotels which can be valued up to nearly $200-$300.
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Be sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses. If you’re looking to further pinpoint the best card for you, see our post on the Best Credit Card Categories!