For all you Disney fans, Disney is currently offering a sign-up bonus if you open an account for the Disney® Premier Visa® Card. You can earn a $300 statement credit bonus after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. On top of that, you will be rewarded in many other ways! Continue reading to find out more.
(Visit Chase for more details)
Table of Contents
Disney Premier Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Gain $300 as statement credit once you’ve spent a minimum of $500 in the first 3 months of having your account open.|
Earn 2% in Disney Rewards Dollars on qualified Disney, gas, groceries, and dining expenses and 1% on other expenses.
Receive 10% savings on select purchases at Disney stores and shopDisney.com.
15% off select guided tours at Disneyland and Walt Disney Resorts.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||3%|
- Welcome bonus
- Discount on select merchandise, dining & tours
- Character experiences
- Annual fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Limited redemption options
- Foreign transaction fees
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time $300 cash bonus after spending $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases. Capital One cardholders get access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more.
This card does carry a $95 annual fee, however, there is a $0 intro annual fee for the first year.
Disney Premier Card $300 Bonus
Make use of the welcome bonus offer of $300 as statement credit. You must charge your card with a minimum of $500 in the first 3 months having your account open to be able to qualify for this offer.
This isn’t the best welcome bonus offer there is, but it’s still a good one with the annual fee.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
What are Disney Rewards Dollars Worth?
One Disney Rewards Dollar is equal to $1. If you want to redeem your Disney Rewards Dollars, you have to have a minimum of 20 built up.
Your Disney Rewards Dollars can be used for almost anything Disney or Star Wars at most locations such as:
- Theme Park tickets
- Resort stays
These Disney Rewards Dollars can also be redeemed towards statement credit for airline traveling.
Disney Premier Visa Card Top Features
- Disney store. Receive a 10% discount when you’ve used your Disney Premier card at Disney stores or online. It looks like a great offer to have. However, lots of popular products aren’t qualified for discounts.
- Resort merchandise. Get 10% off select merchandise expenses of at least $50 at specific locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
- Resort dining. Have a 10% discount off select dining areas most days at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
- Guided tours. Get 15% off the non-discounted price of specific tours at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
- You can meet Disney and Star Wars characters aside from the crowd and general public at a private spot in Walt Disney and Disneyland resorts. You can get some complimentary photo downloads as well.
So here are some additional things you should know about the Disney® Premier Visa® Card:
- There is no limit to the number of Disney Rewards Dollars you can earn
- Redeem toward most everything Disney, including Theme Park tickets, Resort stays, shopping, dining, movies and more
- No block-out dates when redeeming Rewards Dollars
- You get to choose from 10 Premier-only card designs
While it may sound like a nice card offer with good benefits, it only makes sense to obtain this card for solely just the meet & greet features (if you go to Disney World on a regular basis), 10% on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at DisneyStore.com and Disney Store locations, and the sign-up bonus. The 2% cash back reward is not appealing here because you’re basically paying an annual fee of $49 to get cash back in selected categories. This is a waste when you can get the same cash back rate for ALL purchases on other cards.
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy for more credit card bonuses.
(Visit Chase for more information)
What’s the Competition?
There are some of Disney Premier Visa credit card’s top competitors listed below.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1.5% on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers $200 Cash Back after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn 1.5% Cash Back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time bonus of 60,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $600 in travel.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, plus, earn 4X points for Uber Eats purchases too.
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).