Bank accounts are a useful way to track your transactions and keep an eye on all your expenses. Not only do you know that your money is safe, but you can also earn interest with the money that you have in your bank account. However, nothing is free and bank accounts come with the threat of monthly bank account fees. Life is hard enough on its own, and adding monthly fees on top of it can make it even harder. Thankfully, a possible solution to your troubles has arrived. Keep on reading to learn some tips on how to avoid these monthly fees.
Table of Contents
Chase Total Checking®
Once you open your Chase Total Checking Account, there is a chance that you will be charged $12 a month as a service fee. However, you can avoid the $12 Monthly Service Fee when you do at least one of the following each statement period:
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account; OR
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in your checking account; OR
- Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances.
Although the $5 monthly fee for this account isn’t too hefty, that’s still $5 that you don’t want to spend on fees. Avoid the $5 monthly fee when you do at least one of the following each statement period:
- A balance at the beginning of each day of $300 or more in this account, OR
- At least one repeating automatic transfer of $25 or more from your personal Chase checking account (available only through chase.com), OR
- An account owner who is an individual younger than 18, OR
- This account is linked to a Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM, Chase SapphireSM Checking or Chase Private Client CheckingSM account
Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM
Get rid of any worries that come with monthly fees and avoid the $25 monthly fee when you do at least one of the following each statement period:
- Keep an average daily balance of $15,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings, and other balances. OR
- Have automatic payments to your qualifying linked Chase mortgage from your Chase account. Payments set up through Online Bill Pay do not qualify. Mortgages must be in good standing and be first mortgages with servicing retained by Chase.
Chase Total Business Checking® Account
Business have enough to deal with, so avoid the $15 monthly fee when you:
- Maintain a daily minimum balance of $1,500 or more or if you maintain a linked Chase Private Client Checking or Chase Premier Platinum Checking personal account. Otherwise only $12 when you enroll in paperless statements.
Chase College CheckingSM Account
Banks are always offering breaks to college students, so it’s great to keep an eye out for deals and promotions that helps save money. For all the colleges students aged 17 to 24 years old, open an account with proof of student status to get:
- $0 monthly fee for up to 5 years while in college OR
- $6 monthly service fee OR
- $0 when you have any 1 of the following each monthly statement period:
- A direct deposit made to this account OR
- A $5,000 average ending day balance in this account