With the Virgin America Premium Visa Signature Card, you can earn 15,000 bonus points when you make $1,000 in purchases during your first 3 months of account opening. That’s equivalent to nearly up to $300 in blackout-free Reward Flights! This card also can earn you up to 15,000 status points every year and carry forward additional points into the next year. For more information about this card and how it compares to the Virgin America Signature Card, read below.
Table of Contents
Virgin America Visa Signature Card Features
- Earn 15,000 points when you spend $1,000 in purchases during the first 3 months of account opening
- Get $150 off a companion ticket every year you’re a cardholder
- 5 points automatically for being an Elevate member when making purchases with Virgin America
- 3 points per $1 spent with Virgin America
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Check 1 free qualifying bag for you and 1 for your plus-one
- Save 20% on in-flight purchases including snacks, entertainment and more
- Priority boarding
- No blackout dates or restrictions on reward flights
- Get instant discounts when you use your card to shop online at top merchants
- Points do not expire
- No change or cancel fees — you only pay the difference in fare
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee of $149
Virgin America Premium Visa Signature® Card: If you what all this card has to offer, click this link to apply!
You are eligible to earn bonus Reward Points when you make $1,000 of purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. If you meet this requirement and you have the Premium Card, you will receive 15,000 bonus Reward Points. If you do not have the Premium Card, you will receive 10,000 bonus Reward Points.
Additionally, each year Premium Cardholders are eligible to earn up to 15,000 Status Points toward reaching or renewing Elevate Gold or Elevate Silver status. You will receive 5,000 Status Points each time you spend $10,000 in purchases using your card, up to a maximum of 15,000 Status Points per year.
Again, to restate, when you open a Virgin America Premium Visa Signature Card, you will get 15,000 bonus points when you make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Additionally, as a premium card holder, you will be eligible to earn up to 15,000 points annually each time you spend $10,000 in purchases that will either renew or go towards becoming an Elevate Silver / Gold cardholder status. Another difference worth mentioning between the Premium and regular Visa Signature Card is the flexibility to change or cancel your booking once it has already been made. For example, if you change or cancel your non-refundable booking, all fees will be waived. As for any Virgin flights, you can change your ticket and simply pay the difference in fare. So, if you prefer the change and cancellation options, then you will find the premium version to be more appealing. In conclusion, regarding the basic versus Premium card, most people seem prefer the basic card’s benefits more often. While the Premium card does have some nice advantages, the only offset of the $149 fee is if you’re seeking to obtain or increase your status level within the Elevate program.
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses.