The UnitedSM Explorer Business Card has an introductory promotion to earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account. Additionally, you can earn 2 United Club one time passes on each account anniversary. The United MileagePlus Explorer® Business Credit Card is most compatible with business people who frequently travel with United Airlines since it does come with an annual fee of $95; however, it is waived the first year.
This card is most recommended for those who just want a general travel awards that is also versatile, then maybe consider looking more into this one!
If you want to know more about this card and the benefits it has to offer, continue reading this review.
Chase Bank offers great bonuses with their Checking/Savings accounts also!
Table of Contents
United Explorer Business Card Summary
With the UnitedSM Explorer Business Card:
• Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
• This card offers $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95 thereafter.
• Earn 2X miles per $1 at restaurants, gas stations and office supply stores & 2X miles per $1 on United purchases
• Earn 1X mile per $1 on all other purchases
• Get a free checked bag - savings up to $120 per roundtrip (see terms)
• Get (2) one-time United ClubSM passes every year (amounts to more than a $100 value)
• Enjoy priority boarding for you & companions on the same reservation on United-operated flights
• Get employee cards at no additional cost
Learn More About This Card Here
UnitedSM Explorer Business – 50k Bonus Miles
After hitting the $3,000 threshold in the first 3 months of opening your account, you can earn 50,000 bonus miles. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these points.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
With the UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, you can earn 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases from United and on purchases at restaurants, gas stations, and office supply stores. All the purchases made for these product must be either from United or qualifying locations for restaurants, gas stations, and office supply stores.
Additionally, you will earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
There is no cap on the amount of miles you are able to earn, and there is no expiration for the miles.
There are a plethora of areas you are able to redeem your points in such as travel, shopping, gift cards, and other experiences.
For instance, you can use the miles when booking a rental car with Hertz®, DollarTM and many other car rental agencies as well as book award travel on Star Alliance. If you enjoy staying at top hotels, these miles work for the Ritz Carlton, Marriott, World of Hyatt, and so many more.
You can use your miles to book cruises on top cruise lines.
In terms of shopping, use your miles to buy Apple® products like the iPad, Apple Watch, MacBook and more. Make purchases from their thousands of qualifying products such as electronics, housewares, jewelry and more.
You can also redeem these miles for gift cards at stores such as Walmart, Starbucks, and so many more.
Overall, I would suggest using miles earned on United services such as tickets because miles a One-way Saver Award travel starts as low as 12,500 miles within the continental U.S. and Canada.
Star Alliance Member Airlines
|Air China||Air India||Air New Zealand|
|ANA||Asiana Airlines||Austrian Airlines|
|Avianca||Brussels Airlines||Copa Airlines|
|Croatia Airlines||EgyptAir||Ethiopian Airlines|
|EVA Air||LOT Polish Airlines||Lufthansa|
|SAS||Shenzhen Airlines||Singapore Airlines|
|South African Airways||Swiss International Airways||Air Portugal|
|Thai Airways International||Turkish Airlines|
Other worldwide United Partners Include:
|Azul Brazilian Airlines||Boutique Air||Cape Air|
|Olympic Air||Silver Airways|
United Explorer Business Cardholder Benefits
The UnitedSM Explorer Business Card has many benefits such as free first checked bag, priority boarding, and Premier upgrades on award tickets. Cardholder's are able to earn the following:
United ClubSM: Each card anniversary earns you two United ClubSM passes, which are valued at $100 each. With this pass, you can stay at any United Club location at least once. At United Clubs, you can also receive free beverages, food, and amenities such as work spaces and so much more!
Free Employee Cards: Employee cards can be added to your account free of charge! You may also set the spending limits for each card to better manage yours or your company's budget.
Travel & Purchase Protection: With this card, you have many protections against travel issues.
- This card comes with a trip cancellation, meaning that if your trip gets canceled by any unfortunate event, then you can be reimbursed up to $10,000 per person and $20,000 per trip.
- Reimbursement is for pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses, including passenger fares, tours, and hotels.
- Baggage Delay insurance reimburses you for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for over 6 hours by passenger carrier up to $100 a day for 3 days.
- Damaged or lost carry on luggage covered up to $3,000 per passenger.
No Foreign Transactions: This card has a no foreign transaction fees benefit when you make purchases abroad! This is convenient towards those who always have to travel outside the country for business trips.
With the UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, you can earn travel rewards faster when you factor in the free employee cards that are allowed to be added to your account.
In addition to these benefits, you will also receive 2 United Club passes each year as a cardholder. This allows you to enjoy complimentary food and drinks and such.
Overall, this is a great card choice for those who frequently travel for business and fly with United often.
Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to also visit BankDealGuy to explore more credit card bonuses.
Learn more about this card here.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you are interested in other business cards that don't have specific partnered airlines or hotels that contribute to earning miles from, then you should consider these alternative cards such as the Chase Ink Business Preferred, Capital One Spark Miles for Business, and Chase Ink Business Cash.
With the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card:
• Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
• Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
• Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
• No foreign transaction fees
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• $95 Annual Fee
With the Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business:
• Earn 1.5 miles per $1 on every purchase
• Plus, a one-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account, and there are no categories to limit where or what you buy
• Save on interest with 0% intro APR on purchases for 9 months; 15.24%-23.24% variable APR after that
• Pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fees
• Get online Quarterly and Year-End Summaries
• There's no limit to the amount of miles you can earn
• Fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions
With the Chase Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card:
• This card offers a $500 bonus after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months.
• 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent at office supply stores, on internet, cable & phone services for every account anniversary year (combined purchases)
• 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent at gas stations & restaurants for every account anniversary year (combined purchases); 1% on all other purchases with no limit
• This card has No Annual Fee
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Community Business Checking||$200 Cash||Review|