The company offers consumer financing products, including credit, promotional financing and loyalty programs, and installment lending, and FDIC insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Synchrony Bank is one of the biggest card issuers of store cards and store credit cards. They have partnerships In this post we will look at a full list of the credit cards and store cards they offer.
For this particular post, we will provide you a list of the best and easiest cards to get approved for with Synchrony.
Editor’s Note: Looking for a outstanding online savings account with a highly competitive rate? See our review on the Synchrony Bank High Yield Savings Account. Interested in what more Synchrony Bank has to offer? See our list of Synchrony Bank Promotions!
Best Synchrony Cards
We don’t recommend you to apply for most of the store credit cards because they only offer you no interest if you pay in full within 6 months on purchase of $199 or more. But other than that, It doesn’t really offer much of anything else of great value.
Here are some credit cards that we consider the best from Synchrony:
- The Amazon Store card. You will earn a rewards rate of 5% on all Amazon purchases. This is more than the Amazon credit card. This is a great offer but cards with rotating categories such as the Discover It card might be a better option for you since you can get double cash back within your first year with it.
- The Sam’s Club card(s). With these cards, you will earn 5% on gas station purchases, 3% on dining, and 3% on travel. Being able to earn 5% at gas stations is very rewarding for those who drive often!
- The eBates card. This card earns 3% cash back on purchases made through the Ebates shopping portal.
Best Synchrony Cards
Unfortunately, for these cards, the Shopping Cart Trick is not applicable and will not work if attempted to do. The store cards will probably be easier to get approved for than the credit cards. If you have bad credit, the Shopping Cart Trick (SCT) or getting a secured card like the Chase Freedom credit card would be some better options for you.
Synchrony only offers one branch location and does not offer any type of checking account options. So as you cantell, Synchrony doesn’t really fit the mold of most banks. But despite such things, this bank is still worth considering if you like credit cards that offer great interest rates on savings products and you prefer banking online.
Its high-yield savings account comes with low fees and one of the highest rates at 1.15% APY. No minimum balance is required to open an account or qualify for the interest rate. Plus, Synchrony Bank doesn’t charge fees for using ATMs that accept its bank card, but ATM owners might charge a fee. However, for those charges, Synchrony bank offers a monthly $5 rebate.
Here are some other rules about Synchrony that you should know about:
- If you request a credit limit increase, you won’t automatically get a soft pull or hard pull. It’s all up in the air depending on what they want to do with your account.
- They will pull TransUnion unless that is frozen and in that case it’ll be Experian.
- They are sensitive when it comes to new accounts but not new inquiries.
If you are interested in learning more about credit cards or want to find the best credit cards currently being offered, check out our list of the best credit card bonuses.