For business owners who frequently travel Delta, check out the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express. Cardholders earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Plus, earn 1 mile per $1 spent for all other purchases.
For a limited time, new applicants can earn 80,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $6,000 in purchases on your new card in your first 3 months. Adding onto those earnings, you can also receive a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase within the same 3 months!
MQMs can be earned through Delta Medallion status, including Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond.
Although there is a $195 annual fee, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express has a tons of features for premium Delta flyers. Some of these include priority boarding, first checked bag free, and no foreign transaction fees.
If you would like to find out more about this card, please continue reading below.
Table of Contents
- 1 Comparison of Amex Delta Business Cards
- 2 Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card Summary
- 3 Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business – 80,000 SkyMiles+
- 4 Earning Miles Redeeming Miles
- 5 Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Cardholder Benefits
- 6 Author’s Verdict
- 7 Alternative Credit Cards Options
Comparison of Amex Delta Business Cards
|Card Name||Miles Earned||Delta Sky Club||Free Checked Bag & Priority Boarding||Companion Certificate||Annual Fee|
|Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express||70k miles||$29 exclusive rate||Yes||N/A||$95 (Waived 1st Year)|
|Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express||80k miles||$29 exclusive rate||Yes||Main Cabin||$195|
|Delta Reserve Business Credit Card from American Express||80k miles||complimentary access||Yes||First Class||$450|
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card Summary
Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express:
• Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $6,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
• Plus, get a 0% introductory APR for 6 months on purchases. After the introductory 6 months period, the APR for purchases will be variable at 17.99%-26.99% based on your credit worthiness and other factors at account opening, and this APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate
• Special Offer Expires: 7/02/2019.
• Check your first bag for free and save up to $60 on a round trip Delta flight.
• Find room for your carry-on and settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
• Enjoy 20% savings on eligible in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit with the American Express Delta Card.
• Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases. Miles don’t expire.
• Terms and limitations apply
• See Rates & Fees
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business – 80,000 SkyMiles+
After spending $6,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account, you can earn 80,000 bonus SkyMiles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Additionally, you can earn a $50 statement credit after making a Delta purchase within the same 3 months. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these miles.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning Miles Redeeming Miles
Earning miles is easy and straightforward with the Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business. You get 2 miles per $1 spent on Delta purchases. Plus, earn 1 mile on every $1 spent on all other purchases. Miles do not expire, and there are no limits to how many you can earn.
You can redeem your miles toward flights, seat upgrades, car rentals, merchandise, gift cards, and more.
The best way to redeem your miles is for airfare with Delta. Redemptions start at 10,000 miles for select domestic one-way flights. However, redemption requirements can change, as some peak-season flights can require more miles. Mile redemption values vary from 0.5 cents apiece to 2 cents apiece.
If you choose to travel with Delta airlines, you can redeem your SkyMiles towards them or towards Delta’s many other partnered airlines. Down below is a convenient list of all the partnered airlines.
SkyMiles SkyTeam & Non-Alliance Partners Include:
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Air Tahiti nui
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- China Southern
- Czech Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Kenya Airways
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Korean Air
- Mandarin Airlines
- Middle East Airlines
- Saudia Airlines
- Shanghai Airlines
- Tarom Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia
Points are generally worth from $0.005 to $0.02 when redeemed, but Delta SkyMiles are worth $0.012. You can redeem your SkyMiles for merchandise, gift cards, and experiences, at the Delta SkyMiles MarketPlace.
You can use Delta’s Pay With Miles feature, an exclusive benefits for Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles cardholders. This feature allows you to use some of your miles for airfare redemptions and pay the rest with cash. These redemptions value miles at 1 cent a piece and require at least 5,000 miles.
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Cardholder Benefits
The Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business offers standard travel and purchase protections. Other benefits include:
- Companion Certificate Benefit: Each year your card account remains open and in good standing, you receive one companion certificate. Companion certificates can be redeemed for one domestic economy round-trip fare. Government taxes and fees still apply.
- Annual SkyMiles and MQMs Bonus: Spend at least $25,000 within a calendar year, you receive 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 bonus Medallion Qualifying Miles. If you spend at least $50,000 within a calendar year, you get another 10,000 miles and 10,000 MQMs.
- 20% Off In-Flight Purchases: Get a 20% discount on all in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit when you use your Delta SkyMiles Business card.
- One Free Checked Bag: Get your first checked bag free on Delta flights. This is normally $25 per one-way segment. You can get this perk with up to 9 guests on the same itinerary.
- Discounted Airport Lounge Passes: Get $30 off Sky Club passes for you and up to two companions, worth up to $90 each time you fly.
With the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express, you will be able to earn a great welcome offer without worry about an annual fee for the first year of your account opening! From all the benefits that Delta has to offer, this card would make traveling more enjoyable, so, if you’re a frequent flyer with Delta, this card may just be the ideal card for you!
With the inclusion of the Medallion Qualification Miles (MQM) program, elite Delta SkyMiles Business holders of Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond status can enjoy this extra benefit that offers a bonus when more money is spent in a calendar year. This directly benefits business travelers who want to invest in a long term airline partner card rewards program.
The Platinum Delta card bonus is great to take advantage of, so, definitely apply now while the offer stands! Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy for more credit card bonuses.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you aren’t necessarily a customer of Delta Airlines, then here are some other cards you may consider looking into that also have good bonus offers and exclusive benefits but with more flexibility. These include the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve Card and The Platinum Card from American Express.
Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express:
• Earn 70,000 bonus miles after you make $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
• Plus, get a 0% introductory APR for 6 months on purchases. After the introductory 6 months period the APR for purchases will be variable at 17.99%-26.99% based on your credit worthiness and other factors at account opening, and this APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
• Additionally, earn a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
• Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
• Find room for your carry-on and settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
• Pay no foreign transaction fees when you spend overseas.
• $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95. Terms and limitations apply
• See Rates & Fees
With the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Card:
• Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
• Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
• Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
• Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
• Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
• No foreign transaction fees
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spending $4,000 in the first 3 months. (That's $750 toward travel when redeeming via Chase Ultimate Rewards®)
• Named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" by Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
• Earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide
• Earn 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases outside of the travel & dining category
• No foreign transaction fees to worry about
• You're able to get 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
• Your points get 25% more value when redeeming for airfare, car rentals, cruises, & hotels, via Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• There are no blackout dates or travel restrictions - just as long as there's available seating on the flight - you're able to book via Chase Ultimate Rewards
With the Chase Sapphire ReserveSM Card:
• Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
• $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
• 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
• Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
• 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
• Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority PassTM Select
• Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
With the The Platinum Card® from American Express:
• Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
• Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
• 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
• 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
• Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
• Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
• $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
• Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
• $550 annual fee.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Community Business Checking||$200 Cash||Review|