For business owners who frequently travel Delta, check out the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card. Cardholders earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Plus, earn 1 mile per $1 spent for all other purchases.
For a limited time, new applicants can earn New applicants can earn 90,000 bonus miles, 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs), and a $100 statement credit after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer Ends 11/10/21.
Earn 3 Miles on every dollar spend on eligible purchases made directly with Delta and on every eligible dollar spent on purchases made directly with hotels. Earn 1.5 miles per dollar on single eligible purchases of $5,000 or more (that’s an extra half point per dollar), up to 50,000 additional miles per year. 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases.
MQMs can be earned through Delta Medallion status, including Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond.
Although there is a $250 Annual fee (see Rates & Fees), the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card has a tons of features for premium Delta flyers. Some of these include priority boarding, first checked bag free, and no foreign transaction fees (see Rates & Fees).
Terms and limitations apply.
If you would like to find out more about this card, please continue reading below.
Table of Contents
- 1 Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card Summary
- 2 Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card Bonus
- 3 Earning Miles Redeeming Miles
- 4 Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business Cardholder Benefits
- 5 Author’s Verdict
- 6 Alternative Credit Cards Options
Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card Summary
The Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card offers 90,000 bonus miles, 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs), and a $100 statement credit after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer Ends 11/10/21.
You'll earn 3X miles on every dollar spend on eligible purchases made directly with Delta and on every eligible dollar spent on purchases made directly with hotels; 1.5X miles per dollar on single eligible purchases of $5,000 or more (that's an extra half mile per dollar), up to 50,000 additional miles per year; & 1X mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases.
This card does carry a $250 (See Rates & Fees).
Terms and limitations apply.
Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card Bonus
After meeting the spending requirement, you’ll earn a great welcome offer. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these miles.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning Miles Redeeming Miles
Earning miles is easy and straightforward with the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card You earn 3 Miles on every dollar spend on eligible purchases made directly with Delta and on every eligible dollar spent on purchases made directly with hotels. Earn 1.5 miles per dollar on single eligible purchases of $5,000 or more (that’s an extra half point per dollar), up to 50,000 additional miles per year. 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases.
You can redeem your miles toward flights, seat upgrades, car rentals, merchandise, gift cards, and more.
The best way to redeem your miles is for airfare with Delta. Redemptions start at 10,000 miles for select domestic one-way flights. However, redemption requirements can change, as some peak-season flights can require more miles. Mile redemption values vary from 0.5 cents apiece to 2 cents apiece.
If you choose to travel with Delta airlines, you can redeem your SkyMiles towards them or towards Delta’s many other partnered airlines. Down below is a convenient list of all the partnered airlines.
SkyMiles SkyTeam & Non-Alliance Partners Include:
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Air Tahiti nui
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- China Southern
- Czech Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Kenya Airways
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Korean Air
- Mandarin Airlines
- Middle East Airlines
- Saudia Airlines
- Shanghai Airlines
- Tarom Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia
Points are generally worth from $0.005 to $0.02 when redeemed, but Delta SkyMiles are worth $0.012. You can redeem your SkyMiles for merchandise, gift cards, and experiences, at the Delta SkyMiles MarketPlace.
You can use Delta’s Pay With Miles feature, an exclusive benefits for Gold and Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card cardholders. This feature allows you to use some of your miles for airfare redemptions and pay the rest with cash. These redemptions value miles at 1 cent a piece and require at least 5,000 miles.
Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business Cardholder Benefits
The Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card offers standard travel and purchase protections. Other benefits include:
- Companion Certificate Benefit: Each year your card account remains open and in good standing, you receive one companion certificate. Companion certificates can be redeemed for one domestic economy round-trip fare. Government taxes and fees still apply.
- Annual SkyMiles and MQMs Bonus: Spend at least $25,000 within a calendar year, you receive 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 bonus Medallion Qualifying Miles. If you spend at least $50,000 within a calendar year, you get another 10,000 miles and 10,000 MQMs.
- 20% Off In-Flight Purchases: Get a 20% discount on all in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit when you use your Delta SkyMiles Business card.
- One Free Checked Bag: Get your first checked bag free on Delta flights. This is normally $25 per one-way segment. You can get this perk with up to 9 guests on the same itinerary.
- Discounted Airport Lounge Passes: Get $30 off Sky Club passes for you and up to two companions, worth up to $90 each time you fly.
With the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card, you will be able to earn a great welcome offer without worry about an annual fee for the first year of your account opening! From all the benefits that Delta has to offer, this card would make traveling more enjoyable, so, if you’re a frequent flyer with Delta, this card may just be the ideal card for you!
With the inclusion of the Medallion Qualification Miles (MQM) program, elite Delta SkyMiles Business holders of Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond status can enjoy this extra benefit that offers a bonus when more money is spent in a calendar year. This directly benefits business travelers who want to invest in a long term airline partner card rewards program.
The Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card bonus is great to take advantage of, so, definitely apply now while the offer stands! Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy for more credit card bonuses.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you aren’t necessarily a customer of Delta Airlines, then here are some other cards you may consider looking into that also have good bonus offers and exclusive benefits but with more flexibility. These include the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve Card and The Platinum Card from American Express.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card offers 70,000 bonus miles, and a $50 statement credit after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer Ends 11/10/2021.
You'll earn 2X miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. purchases for advertising in select media, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. shipping purchases, on every eligible dollar spent at restaurants. Earn 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
This card carries a $99 annual fee ($0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99) (See Rates & Fees). However, there are no foreign transaction fees and you can take $100 off your next Delta flight - after you spend $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you will earn a $100 Delta Flight Credit to use toward future travel.
Terms and limitations apply.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time bonus of 60,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $600 in travel.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve offers 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit.
• 10X total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually.
• 5X total points on air travel
• 3X points on other travel and dining
• 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
When redeeming your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 50% more value.
This card does carry a $550 annual fee and there are no foreign transaction fees. However, you're able to earn a $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year & up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 100,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 10X points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
This card comes with an annual fee of $695 (See Rates & Fees), but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only. Terms Apply.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Citi Priority Account||Up to $1,500 Cash Bonus|
with required activities.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$225 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure BankingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|SoFi Money||$100 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Cashback Debit||$360 Debit Cashback||Review|
|Citigold Account||Up To $1500 Cash Bonus|
with required activities.
|PNC Bank Virtual Wallet||Up to $300 Cash||Review|
|PNC Bank Virtual Wallet Pro||Up to $200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Axos Business Savings||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$150 Cash||Review|