For business owners who frequently travel Delta, check out the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express. Cardholders earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Plus, earn 1 mile per $1 spent for all other purchases.
For a limited time, new applicants can earn New applicants can earn 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
MQMs can be earned through Delta Medallion status, including Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond.
Although there is a $195 Annual fee. $250 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express has a tons of features for premium Delta flyers. Some of these include priority boarding, first checked bag free, and no foreign transaction fees.
If you would like to find out more about this card, please continue reading below.
Table of Contents
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card Summary
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express offers 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
You'll earn 2X Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta; 1X mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
This card does carry a $195 ($250 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020), however, you can save up to $60 on round-trip Delta flight by checking in your first bag for free. In addition, enjoy 20% savings on eligible in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit with the American Express Delta Card
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Bonus
After meeting the spending requirement, you’ll earn a great bonus. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these miles.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning Miles Redeeming Miles
Earning miles is easy and straightforward with the Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business. You get 2 miles per $1 spent on Delta purchases. Plus, earn 1 mile on every $1 spent on all other purchases. Miles do not expire, and there are no limits to how many you can earn.
You can redeem your miles toward flights, seat upgrades, car rentals, merchandise, gift cards, and more.
The best way to redeem your miles is for airfare with Delta. Redemptions start at 10,000 miles for select domestic one-way flights. However, redemption requirements can change, as some peak-season flights can require more miles. Mile redemption values vary from 0.5 cents apiece to 2 cents apiece.
If you choose to travel with Delta airlines, you can redeem your SkyMiles towards them or towards Delta’s many other partnered airlines. Down below is a convenient list of all the partnered airlines.
SkyMiles SkyTeam & Non-Alliance Partners Include:
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Air Tahiti nui
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- China Southern
- Czech Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Kenya Airways
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Korean Air
- Mandarin Airlines
- Middle East Airlines
- Saudia Airlines
- Shanghai Airlines
- Tarom Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia
Points are generally worth from $0.005 to $0.02 when redeemed, but Delta SkyMiles are worth $0.012. You can redeem your SkyMiles for merchandise, gift cards, and experiences, at the Delta SkyMiles MarketPlace.
You can use Delta’s Pay With Miles feature, an exclusive benefits for Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles cardholders. This feature allows you to use some of your miles for airfare redemptions and pay the rest with cash. These redemptions value miles at 1 cent a piece and require at least 5,000 miles.
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Cardholder Benefits
The Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business offers standard travel and purchase protections. Other benefits include:
- Companion Certificate Benefit: Each year your card account remains open and in good standing, you receive one companion certificate. Companion certificates can be redeemed for one domestic economy round-trip fare. Government taxes and fees still apply.
- Annual SkyMiles and MQMs Bonus: Spend at least $25,000 within a calendar year, you receive 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 bonus Medallion Qualifying Miles. If you spend at least $50,000 within a calendar year, you get another 10,000 miles and 10,000 MQMs.
- 20% Off In-Flight Purchases: Get a 20% discount on all in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit when you use your Delta SkyMiles Business card.
- One Free Checked Bag: Get your first checked bag free on Delta flights. This is normally $25 per one-way segment. You can get this perk with up to 9 guests on the same itinerary.
- Discounted Airport Lounge Passes: Get $30 off Sky Club passes for you and up to two companions, worth up to $90 each time you fly.
With the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express, you will be able to earn a great welcome offer without worry about an annual fee for the first year of your account opening! From all the benefits that Delta has to offer, this card would make traveling more enjoyable, so, if you’re a frequent flyer with Delta, this card may just be the ideal card for you!
With the inclusion of the Medallion Qualification Miles (MQM) program, elite Delta SkyMiles Business holders of Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond status can enjoy this extra benefit that offers a bonus when more money is spent in a calendar year. This directly benefits business travelers who want to invest in a long term airline partner card rewards program.
The Platinum Delta card bonus is great to take advantage of, so, definitely apply now while the offer stands! Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy for more credit card bonuses.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you aren’t necessarily a customer of Delta Airlines, then here are some other cards you may consider looking into that also have good bonus offers and exclusive benefits but with more flexibility. These include the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve Card and The Platinum Card from American Express.
The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express offers 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Additionally, earn a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
You'll earn 2X miles per dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta; 1X mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
This card does carry a $95 annual fee, however, there is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year. In addition, there are no no foreign transaction fees.
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening (equal to $500 in travel). Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee, however, there is a $0 intro annual fee for the first year. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
You'll earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide; 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. And when you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
Learn More About This Card
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® offers 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You'll earn 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. When redeeming your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 50% more value.
This card does carry a $450 annual fee and there are no foreign transaction fees. However, you're able to earn a $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year & up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
The The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
This card comes with an annual fee of $550, but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings. Furthermore, you'll receive $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline. Plus, up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card® & receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts.
In addition, you can earn 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel & on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$1,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Community Business Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||$300 Cash||Review|