Check out the brand new Iberia Visa Signature® Card. This card offers up to 100,000 bonus points when you complete the necessary spending requirements. In addition to that, you can earn 3X Avios for every $1 you spend on Iberia, British Airways, Aer Lingus and LEVEL purchases.
Another great feature is that the 5/24 rule doesn’t apply on this card. If you’re interested, keep reading to find out more!
Table of Contents
Iberia Visa Signature® Card Features
The Iberia Visa Signature® Card offers up to 100K Avios! Earn 50K Avios after spending $3K on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. Earn an additional 50K after spending $20K total on purchases with the first year.
You'll earn 3X Avios for every $1 spent on Iberia purchases, 2X Avios for every $1 spent on hotel accommodations, and 1X Avios per $1 spent on all other purchases. Your Avios don’t expire as long as you make a purchase on your Iberia Visa card every 36 months.
This card comes with $95 annual fee, however, there are no foreign transaction fees. To help offset the annual fee, you can save 10% on Iberia flights purchased at Iberia.com/Chase10 with your Iberia Visa card. In addition, you can earn a discount voucher of $1K to use toward two tickets on the same flight each year you spend $30K on purchases on your Iberia Visa card.
|Bonus Available||Earn 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Plus earn an additional 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $20,000 on your purchases within your first year of account opening.|
|Travel Credit||Receive a discount voucher of $1,000 to use towards 2 tickets on the same flight for each year you spend at least $30,000 on your card.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn 3 Avios for every $1 spent on Iberia, British Airways and Aer Lingus, and LEVEL.
Earn 2 Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations, plus 1 Avios per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Receive a 10% discount when you use your card to book flights on Iberia.com/Chase10.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
|Airport Lounge Access||N/A|
- Welcome bonus rate
- Discount voucher
- 10% off flights
- Partner airlines
- No foreign transaction fees
- Has an annual fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The British Airways Visa Signature Card offers 50,000 bonus Avios after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months. You'll have the opportunity to earn an additional 50,000 bonus Avios after spending $20,000 within your first year of account opening.
You'll earn 3X Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways, Aer Lingus, Iberia, and Level purchases & 2 Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations, plus 1 Avios per $1 spent on all other purchases.
This card comes with a $95 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
Iberia Card Earn Up to 100,000 Avios
Take advantage of the Iberia Card’s 100,000 welcome bonus. You will earn 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Plus earn an additional 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $20,000 on your purchases within your first year of account opening.
Here are some ideas to increase your monthly spending:
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
What Are Iberia Avios Worth?
Like many other airline-branded credit cards, the value of your Avios depends on how you use them. On average, each Avios is worth around $0.015. Using this figure, 100k Avios have an approximate $1,500 value.
You can redeem your Avios for:
- Hotel stays
- Car rentals
- Seat reservations & upgrades
Although you have the option of using your avios towards any of the things listed above, you will maximize your value by redeeming your Avios for flights. All other options will devalue your Avios.
Just like with the other Avios earning cards, be careful with redeeming for transatlantic flights. Surcharges are known to be outrageous. Even the offer terms have the following example:
“At time of this publication all reward flights and travel together tickets are subject to taxes, fees and carrier charges of approximately $682 – $1,250 per adult in economy or $1,250 in business class based on travel from Seattle to London.”
It’s best to redeem for domestic flights with Iberia, Aer Lingus, British Airways and the other Oneworld alliance member airlines (see below).
Keep in mind, your Avios will expire if you don’t collect, spend, share or purchase any for 36 consecutive months.
|American Airlines||British Airways||Cathay Pacific|
|Qatar||Royal Jordanian||S7 Airlines|
|SriLankan Airlines||Fiji Airways (oneworld connect)||Royal Air Maroc (future member)|
Iberia also partners with Aer Lingus (not a Oneworld alliance member). You can earn and redeem your Avios with Aer Lingus flights.
Consider signing up for the Iberia Visa Signature® Card if you’re looking for a travel card. Overall, because of all the lucrative benefits that it offers, this a great new product from Chase. Check out this card today, and see if it’s the right fit for you.
What’s the Competition?
The American Express® Gold Card offers 35,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
You'll have the opportunity to earn 4X Membership Rewards® points when you dine at restaurants worldwide & at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X); 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees. Some benefits including earning up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. In addition, a $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
You'll earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. And when you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offers 100,000 bonus miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase Business Checking Account||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$100 Cash||Review|