Learn more about this card and its features here.
Do you stay frequently at Hilton properties for business or leisure? If so, definitely consider the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card. With this card, you'll be rewarded with your frequent stays! This card offers a generous welcome offer of 125,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases in the first 3 months of card membership!
Another lucrative benefit is the ability to earn up to 12X Hilton Honors points per $1 spent on select purchases. If these bonuses entice you, see below for more perks and benefits that this card has to offer!
Table of Contents
Hilton Honors American Express Cards
- Hilton Honors American Express Card – has no annual fee; for those who just occasionally stay at Hilton properties and want to earn rewards
- Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card – offers premium perks and credits to compensate for the annual fee
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card – recommended for business owners; with benefits and an annual fee equivalent to the Ascend Card
Amex Hilton Honors Business Card Summary
With the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card:
• Welcome Offer: Earn 125,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
• Earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card: 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X on Select Business & Travel Purchases, 3X Everywhere Else. Terms & Limitations Apply.
• Enjoy complimentary Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card.
• Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
• Earn another Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your Card in the same calendar year.
• Relax with 10 free airport lounge visits each year once enrolled in complimentary Priority PassTM Select membership, which offers access to over 1,000 lounges in over 120 countries.
• Terms apply.
• See Rates & Fees
Amex Hilton Honors Business – 125,000 Bonus Points
After spending $3,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account, you can earn 125,000 Hilton Honors bonus points. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these points.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning Hilton Points
Hilton Honors American Express Business cardholders can earn 12X Hilton Honors bonus points at participating hotels and resorts in the Hilton Portfolio. If you frequently stay at Hilton, it’s easy to earn lots of Hilton points on paid stays.
In addition, members can earn 6X Hilton Honors bonus points on select business purchases. These purchases include: U.S. gas stations, wireless telephone services purchases directly from U.S. service providers, and U.S. purchases for shipping. Plus, members can earn 6X Hilton Honors bonus points on select travel purchases.
These purchases include: U.S. restaurants, flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel, and car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies. This is quite beneficial to companies that put most of their spending on these categories.
All other eligible purchases will earn 3X Hilton Honors bonus points per $1 spent.
Hilton points are worth about 0.5 cent per point, which is about half the value of the average rewards program point. Although this isn’t the best rate, it is a decent return for purchases that aren’t Hilton property bookings.
With the welcome bonus, you can get a good amount worth of free Hilton hotel stays. However, the value of your points depends on the Hilton hotel category where you book your stay.
Redeeming Hilton Points
Hilton Honors points can be redeemed for merchandise, experiences, free stays, and they can be transferred to other loyalty programs. To get the most value out of your points, use them to redeem for free stays.
Hilton does not have an awards chart like some programs do. Thus, you’ll have to find the best deal on your own. Per the Hilton Honors program, the amount of points required to redeem hotel rewards varies by hotel, room, booking date, and length of stay.
Use Hilton Honor’s Points & Money option to redeem your points or pay cash to cover an entire stay. You can also use a combination of both. Your points are flexible since you can use as many as you want on a given redemption.
I recommend paying cash for lower cost stays, such as those less than $125 per night. Then, use the points earned to book free nights at top-tier hotels that get expensive when paying in cash.
Amex Hilton Honors Business Cardholder Benefits
Like many credit cards, this comes with a good amount of travel and purchase protection. Here are some more benefits that the Amex Hilton Honors Business Card features:
Free Weekend Night Reward: Earn a Free Weekend Night Reward after spending $15,000 on eligible purchases on your card account in a calendar year.
Second Weekend Night Reward: Earn a second Weekend Night Reward after spending $60,000 on eligible purchases on your card in a calendar year.
10 Free Priority Pass Visits: Whether you just want to relax or get work done, you'll have 10 free visits to over 1,000 Priority Pass airport lounges every year.
Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status: Get complementary Hilton Honors Gold status, complete with benefits like 25% bonus on all base points earned, your 5th night is free when booking reward stays of five nights or more with points, discounted room rates, and more.
Plus, earn Hilton Honors Diamond status if you spend at least $40,000 per year. Diamond status comes with better benefits, including a 50% bonus on base points and a 48-hour room guarantee.
No Foreign Transaction Fees: Avoid the 2.7 – 3% foreign transaction fee many cards charge. Use your card on purchases when you travel abroad without the worry of foreign transaction fees.
Ideally, the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card benefits those who frequently stay at Hilton properties. You’ll be able to get the most out of your Hilton stays by utilizing the complementary Gold Status. For a hotel credit card, the Amex Hilton Honors Business Card offers incredibly easy point earning potentials with up to 12X points at Hilton properties and common spending categories.
Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy for more credit card bonuses.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you are not particularly interested in a Hilton Honors branded card, then here are some alternative cards that offers various other rewards such as cash back that might interest you more. These include the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard® Credit Card and Chase Freedom Card.
Travel Awards Alternatives with Annual Fees
With the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Card:
• Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
• Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
• Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
• Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
• Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
• No foreign transaction fees
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
General Awards Alternatives with No Annual Fees
With the HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard® Credit Card:
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on all purchases.
• Earn an Introductory 3% Cash Back on all purchases in the first 12 months from Account opening, up to the first $10,000 in purchases
• 10% Anniversary Bonus on all Cash Rewards earned once a year.
• No Annual Fee.
• 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a 15.24%, 19.24% or 25.24% variable APR.
• No Foreign Transaction Fees.
• $0 liability for unauthorized purchases.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
With the Chase Freedom® Card:
• Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
• 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%.
• 3% intro balance transfer fee when you transfer a balance during the first 60 days your account is open, with a minimum of $5.
• No annual fee
• Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
• Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit JourneySM
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Community Business Checking||$200 Cash||Review|