This card offers a generous welcome offer of 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
Another lucrative benefit is the ability to earn up to 12X Hilton Honors points per $1 spent on select purchases. If these bonuses entice you, see below for more perks and benefits that this card has to offer!
Table of Contents
Hilton Honors American Express Cards
- Hilton Honors American Express Card – has no annual fee; for those who just occasionally stay at Hilton properties and want to earn rewards
- Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card – offers premium perks and credits to compensate for the annual fee
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card – recommended for business owners; with benefits and an annual fee equivalent to the Ascend Card (see Rates & Fees)
Amex Hilton Honors Business Card Summary
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has a welcome offer of 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
You'll earn 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X on Select Business & Travel Purchases, 3X on all other eligible purchases. Terms & Limitations Apply.
In addition, you can enjoy complimentary Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card & earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
This card has a $95 annual fee.
Amex Hilton Honors Business Bonus Points
After meeting the spending requirement, you can earn 130,000 Hilton Honors bonus points. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these points.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning Hilton Points
Hilton Honors American Express Business cardholders can earn 12X Hilton Honors bonus points at participating hotels and resorts in the Hilton Portfolio. If you frequently stay at Hilton, it’s easy to earn lots of Hilton points on paid stays.
In addition, members can earn 6X Hilton Honors bonus points on select business purchases. These purchases include: U.S. gas stations, wireless telephone services purchases directly from U.S. service providers, and U.S. purchases for shipping. Plus, members can earn 6X Hilton Honors bonus points on select travel purchases.
These purchases include: U.S. restaurants, flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel, and car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies. This is quite beneficial to companies that put most of their spending on these categories.
All other eligible purchases will earn 3X Hilton Honors bonus points per $1 spent.
Hilton points are worth about 0.006 cent per point, which is about half the value of the average rewards program point. Although this isn’t the best rate, it is a decent return for purchases that aren’t Hilton property bookings.
With the welcome bonus, you can get a good amount worth of free Hilton hotel stays. However, the value of your points depends on the Hilton hotel category where you book your stay.
Redeeming Hilton Points
Hilton Honors points can be redeemed for merchandise, experiences, free stays, and they can be transferred to other loyalty programs. To get the most value out of your points, use them to redeem for free stays.
Hilton does not have an awards chart like some programs do. Thus, you’ll have to find the best deal on your own. Per the Hilton Honors program, the amount of points required to redeem hotel rewards varies by hotel, room, booking date, and length of stay.
Use Hilton Honor’s Points & Money option to redeem your points or pay cash to cover an entire stay. You can also use a combination of both. Your points are flexible since you can use as many as you want on a given redemption.
I recommend paying cash for lower cost stays, such as those less than $125 per night. Then, use the points earned to book free nights at top-tier hotels that get expensive when paying in cash.
Amex Hilton Honors Business Cardholder Benefits
Like many credit cards, this comes with a good amount of travel and purchase protection. Here are some more benefits that the Amex Hilton Honors Business Card features:
Free Weekend Night Reward: Earn a Free Weekend Night Reward after spending $15,000 on eligible purchases on your card account in a calendar year.
10 Free Priority Pass Visits: Whether you just want to relax or get work done, you’ll have 10 free visits to over 1,000 Priority Pass airport lounges every year.
Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status: Get complementary Hilton Honors Gold status, complete with benefits like 25% bonus on all base points earned, your 5th night is free when booking reward stays of five nights or more with points, discounted room rates, and more.
Plus, earn Hilton Honors Diamond status if you spend at least $40,000 per year. Diamond status comes with better benefits, including a 50% bonus on base points and a 48-hour room guarantee.
No Foreign Transaction Fees: Avoid the 2.7 – 3% foreign transaction fee many cards charge. Use your card on purchases when you travel abroad without the worry of foreign transaction fees. (see Rates & Fees)
Ideally, the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card benefits those who frequently stay at Hilton properties. You’ll be able to get the most out of your Hilton stays by utilizing the complementary Gold Status. For a hotel credit card, the Amex Hilton Honors Business Card offers incredibly easy point earning potentials with up to 12X points at Hilton properties and common spending categories.
Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Make sure to visit BankDealGuy for more credit card bonuses.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you are not particularly interested in a Hilton Honors branded card, then here are some alternative cards that offers various other rewards such as cash back that might interest you more. These include the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard® Credit Card and Chase Freedom Card.
Travel Awards Alternatives with Annual Fees
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers 100,000 bonus miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®.
General Awards Alternatives with No Annual Fees
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|Citi Priority Account Package||$700 Cash|
With required activities.
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Cashback Debit||$360 Debit Cashback||Review|
|Wells Fargo Everyday Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$150 Cash||Review|