Are you a business owner on the search for a flexible credit card? With the The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express, you can get rewarded for business as usual. Whether you're looking to earn rewards for every purchase, looking for extra time on your revolving debt without the burden of high interest rates, or BOTH, this card may just be the one you're looking for!
With The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express, you're able to earn 2X points back on everyday business purchases (this includes client dinners) AND you're able to enjoy the flexibility to put more purchases on the card & earn rewards even if you go over your credit limit! If this card sparked your interest, definitely see what more this card has to offer below!
Table of Contents
American Express Blue Business Plus Credit Card Summary
With the The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express:
• Get rewarded for business as usual. Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners.
• 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
• Enjoy the flexibility to put more purchases on the Card and earn rewards when you buy above your credit limit*.
• You’ve got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
• More buying power for your business means more opportunities to earn points. That’s everyday business with the Blue Business Plus Card.
• *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us, and other factors.
• 0.0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, 15.49%, 18.49% or 21.49%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
• Terms Apply
• See Rates & Fees
Earning & Redeeming Membership Rewards Points
Earn 2X Membership Rewards points on everyday business purchases like office supplies or client dinners for your first $50,000 in purchases per year. Then, earn 1 point per dollar thereafter.
Redeem your points for general merchandise, travel, transportation (including Uber rides), gift cards, statement credits, and other items at Amex’s Membership Rewards portal. Point values vary by redemption method. Nonetheless, merchandise is generally worth $0.01 per point and statement credits worth $0.006 per point.
Blue Business Plus Cardholder Benefits
- Free Employee Cards: There's no annual fee for additional employee cards. Plus, when you add an additional employee cardmember to your account, you earn points on their eligible purchases in addition to the points you earn on your own card.
- Account Manager: Designate an Account Manager to allow trusted individuals to access and manage your account.
- Spend Manager: Manage your card expenses by allowing you to add receipts and notes to your transactions either via desktop or your mobile device.
- Connect to QuickBooks: Enroll and automatically transfer your card transactions to your QuickBooks Banking page every day.
- Year-End Summary: At the start of each year, access the Year-End Summary of charges so you can review your annual spending. Log into your American Express online account to view an interactive overview of your spending in pie or bar charts, organized by categories like travel and restaurants. You can also download or print your information to help prepare for your taxes and manage your spending.
- Extended Warranty: The terms of the original manufacturer’s warranty can be extended up to two additional years. Applies to warranties of 5 years or less that are eligible in the U.S. Exclusions and restrictions apply.
- Purchase Protection: Use your card for eligible purchases. Your purchases can then be protected from accidental damage or theft for up to 120 days from the moment you buy them. Exclusions and restrictions apply.
- Dispute Resolution: If there is a fraudulent or incorrect charge on your statement, American Express will work with you to help resolve the issue.
- Amex Offers: Make your life more rewarding. With offers for shopping, dining, travel, and more, there's something for everyone. Adding offers to your Card is quick, easy, and best of all, incredibly rewarding.
When you sign up for The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express, there is no cash/statement credit welcome offer, but that's isn't what makes this card valuable. Being able to earn 2X the points everywhere, of up to $50,000 in spending per calendar year, is what most will find exciting about this card. It's great knowing that you won't have to worry about any bonus categories! Additionally, this is a business card that does not require an annual fee. You'll earn points on things ranging from office supplies to client dinners and they'll apply to your earnings.
You can also transfer your points directly to partners if you're interested. Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. For more of what Amex has to offer, see our list of the Best American Express Credit Card Promotions! Make sure to visit BankDealGuy for more credit card bonuses.
Learn more about this card and its features here.