Are you a business owner on the search for a flexible credit card? With The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, you can get rewarded for business as usual. Whether you’re looking to earn rewards for every purchase, looking for extra time on your revolving debt without the burden of high interest rates, or BOTH, this card may just be the one you’re looking for!
You can earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
With The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, you’re able to earn 2X points back on everyday business purchases (this includes client dinners) AND you’re able to enjoy the flexibility to put more purchases on the card & earn rewards even if you go over your credit limit! If this card sparked your interest, definitely see what more this card has to offer below!
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM $300 Bonus||Citi Priority Account: Up to $1,500 Cash Bonus
with required activities.
|Chase Total Checking® $225 Bonus||Chase Secure BankingSM $100 Bonus|
|HSBC Premier Checking $450 Bonus||Discover Online Savings Account $200 Bonus|
|Huntington 25 Checking $300 Bonus||Huntington Business Checking 100 $100 Bonus|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking $400 Bonus||Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Bonus|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking $150 Bonus||Axos Bank Basic Business $100 Bonus|
|Aspiration Spend & Save $150 Bonus||TD Bank Beyond Checking $300 Bonus|
|PNC Bank Virtual Wallet® Up to $300 Bonus||PNC Bank Virtual Wallet® Checking Pro Up to $200 Bonus|
|SoFi Money $100 Bonus||Citigold® Account: Up To $1500 Cash Bonus
with required activities.
|Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus||Discover Cashback Debit $360 Bonus|
|BlockFi Up To $250 BTC Bonus||BMO Harris Smart Advantage Account $200 Bonus|
Table of Contents
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express Summary
With the Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, you'll get rewarded for business as usual. Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. You'll earn 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter. You’ve got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
More buying power allows for your business means more opportunities to earn points. That’s everyday business with the Blue Business Plus Card. *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express, and other factors.
There card comes with no annual fee (See Rates & Fees).
|Bonus Available||Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners.
2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year,
1 point per dollar thereafter.
|Balance Transfer Fees||Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.|
|Foreign Transaction Fees||2.7% of each transaction after conversion to US dollars (see Rate & Fees)|
|Annual Fee||$0 (see Rate & Fees)|
Earning & Redeeming Membership Rewards Points
Earn 2X Membership Rewards points on everyday business purchases like office supplies or client dinners for your first $50,000 in purchases per year. Then, earn 1 point per dollar thereafter.
Redeem your points for general merchandise, travel, transportation (including Uber rides), gift cards, statement credits, and other items at Amex’s Membership Rewards portal. Point values vary by redemption method. Nonetheless, merchandise is generally worth $0.01 per point and statement credits worth $0.006 per point.
|Travel via Amex or Expedia||$0.005 – $0.01 / point|
|Transfer to travel partners||Varies by partner|
|Statement credits||$0.006 / point|
|Merchandise||Varies by retailer|
|Unique experiences||Varies by venue|
|Gift cards||Varies by retailer|
|Charity donations||$0.007 / point|
To get the most value from your MR points, then try transferring them to a travel partner.
Use your earned points for higher-class flights with various airlines and routes. Or, redeem them for premium rooms at higher-tier hotels. With this strategy, you can get up to an average value of 2 cents per point.
Membership Rewards Airline Partners
|Aer Lingus||AeroMexico||Air Canada|
|Air France/KLM||Alitalia||All Nippon Airways|
|Avianca||British Airways||Cathay Pacific|
|Delta Air Lines||El Al Israel Airlines||Emirates|
|Etihad Airways||Hawaiian Airlines||Iberia|
|JetBlue Airways||Qantas||Singapore Airlines|
Membership Rewards Hotel Partners
|Choice Privileges||Hilton Honors||Marriott Bonvoy|
Blue Business Plus Cardholder Benefits
- Free Employee Cards: There’s no annual fee for additional employee cards. Plus, when you add an additional employee cardmember to your account, you earn points on their eligible purchases in addition to the points you earn on your own card.
- Account Manager: Designate an Account Manager to allow trusted individuals to access and manage your account.
- Spend Manager: Manage your card expenses by allowing you to add receipts and notes to your transactions either via desktop or your mobile device.
- Connect to QuickBooks: Enroll and automatically transfer your card transactions to your QuickBooks Banking page every day.
- Year-End Summary: At the start of each year, access the Year-End Summary of charges so you can review your annual spending. Log into your American Express online account to view an interactive overview of your spending in pie or bar charts, organized by categories like travel and restaurants. You can also download or print your information to help prepare for your taxes and manage your spending.
- Extended Warranty: The terms of the original manufacturer’s warranty can be extended up to two additional years. Applies to warranties of 5 years or less that are eligible in the U.S. Exclusions and restrictions apply.
- Purchase Protection: Use your card for eligible purchases. Your purchases can then be protected from accidental damage or theft for up to 120 days from the moment you buy them. Exclusions and restrictions apply.
- Dispute Resolution: If there is a fraudulent or incorrect charge on your statement, American Express will work with you to help resolve the issue.
- Amex Offers: Make your life more rewarding. With offers for shopping, dining, travel, and more, there’s something for everyone. Adding offers to your Card is quick, easy, and best of all, incredibly rewarding.
When you sign up for The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, there is no cash/statement credit welcome offer, but that’s isn’t what makes this card valuable. Being able to earn 2X the points everywhere, of up to $50,000 in spending per calendar year, is what most will find exciting about this card. It’s great knowing that you won’t have to worry about any bonus categories! Additionally, this is a business card that does not require an annual fee. You’ll earn points on things ranging from office supplies to client dinners and they’ll apply to your earnings.
You can also transfer your points directly to partners if you’re interested. Provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. For more of what Amex has to offer, see our list of the Best American Express Credit Card Promotions! Make sure to visit BankDealGuy for more credit card bonuses.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Citi Priority Account||Up to $1,500 Cash Bonus|
with required activities.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$225 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure BankingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$100 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|SoFi Money||$100 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Cashback Debit||$360 Debit Cashback||Review|
|Citigold® Account||Up To $1500 Cash Bonus|
with required activities.
|PNC Bank Virtual Wallet®||Up to $300 Cash||Review|
|PNC Bank Virtual Wallet® Checking Pro||Up to $200 Cash||Review|
|BMO Harris Smart Advantage Account||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Business Savings||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save||$150 Cash||Review|