Amex is sending out huge targeted spend bonuses on Membership Rewards cards. These are all targeted offers that offers users plenty of chances to earn bonuses. The amount of bonus points you earn correlates with how much you spend, but from what has been seen by others it is likely that the spending requirements are very high.
- Get 325,000 bonus Membership Rewards points or $2,695 after spending $1,450,000 by August 31
- Get 140,000 bonus Membership Rewards points or $665 when spending $650,000 by August 31
- Get 80,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when spending $295,000 by August 31
- Get 32,500 bonus Membership Rewards points or a $210 statement credit after spending $65,000 by August 31
- Get 25,000 bonus Membership Rewards points or a $205 statement credit after spending $25,000 by August 31
If you’ve hit a rut in earning points, Amex is offering spending promotions to its cardholders. Most of these offers are between .2x bonus and .5x bonus, which isn’t the best because you have to spend a lot more to earn a decent bonus, but it may be useful if you were going to spend the money anyway. Unfortunately, there are very high spend thresholds to get these bonuses, but if you can complete the requirements then go for it. Keep in mind that this is a targeted offer, so there is no link to access these deals. Keep an eye out for any emails and sign into your Amex account to see if any offers have been targeted for you. Check out our master list of Credit Card Promotions if you’re looking for credit cards with easier to earn bonuses.