American Express is offering some American Express Starwood Preferred Guest cardholders spending bonuses. With these bonuses you can earn 75,000 Bonus Points after you make a purchase of $5,000 within the first three months. In addition, you’ll get 6X Points On SPG & Marriott Rewards Hotels.
Editor’s Note: If you don’t already own the American Express SPG card, then click the link to find out more.
Table of Contents
American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Features
- Earn 75,000 SPG Starpoints after spending $3,000 in first 3 months.
- Earn 6x points on eligible purchases at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards hotels
- Earn 3x points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines.
- Get 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 points) at a participating hotel. Select hotels have resort fees
- Enjoy complimentary Gold Elite status with your Card. Earn Platinum Elite status after making $75,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- With your Starwood Preferred GuestAmerican Express Luxury Card, enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating SPG or Marriott Rewards®hotels.
- $450 annual fee
American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Luxury Credit Card: If this bonus appeals to you, click the link to apply now!
For the 75,000 bonus offer: You can earn bonus Starpoints after each $3,000 you spend in eligible purchases on your registered Starwood Preferred Guest Luxury Credit Card.
To be eligible to earn 75,000 bonus points, you must use The Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Luxury Card to complete $3,000 (the “Threshold Amount”) of eligible purchases by the end of your first 3 months of Card Membership, based on the date of your Card approval. Bonus points will appear on your Starwood Preferred Guest statement 8-12 weeks after you reach the Threshold Amount.
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
This is a good offer if you are looking to earn more points with your existing card. However, if you were planning to cancel your card then this promotion may not be worthwhile enough to keep it. Some people have noticed that these bonus points promotions seem to pop up around the time annual fees are due, so keep that in mind before making any decisions. Either way, the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Luxury Credit Card is a good one that offers a 75,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on your purchases within the first 3 months.
If you already have this card and are looking for more, check out our Best Credit Card Deals master list for more information. For cards that are specifically good for businesses then check out our Best Business Credit Cards master list.
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
• Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel