Cardholders can earn 2X points for every dollar you spend directly with Delta, and 1X points on all other purchases. Use the points you earn for all of your business expenses including hotel stays, car rentals, airfare, and more.
This card is ideal for business owners and constant flyers of Delta, so if you are any one of these, then consider applying for this card!
Although there is a $95 annual fee, it is waived for the first year because of all the benefits it has to offer. If you are interested in what more this card has to offer, then continue reading below.
Table of Contents
Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card Summary
The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express offers 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Additionally, earn a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
You'll earn 2X miles per dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta; 1X mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
This card does carry a $95 annual fee, however, there is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year. In addition, there are no no foreign transaction fees.
Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Bonus
After spending $1,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account, you can earn 30,000 bonus SkyMiles. There are many ways to go about this. Down below are several options to acquiring these miles.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on what bank offers it.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning & Redeeming Miles
Redeem your miles for airfare, merchandise, gift cards, and special experiences, at the Delta SkyMiles MarketPlace.
Delta’s redemption tables vary from time to time, thus certain travel dates and times may require more miles to redeem. For instance, peak-season weekend flights may cost more miles than off-season weekday flights to popular vacation destinations.
If you choose to travel with Delta airlines, you can redeem your SkyMiles towards them or towards Delta’s many other partnered airlines. Down below is a convenient list of all the partnered airlines.
SkyMiles SkyTeam & Non-Alliance Partners Include:
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Air Tahiti nui
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- China Southern
- Czech Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Kenya Airways
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Korean Air
- Mandarin Airlines
- Middle East Airlines
- Saudia Airlines
- Shanghai Airlines
- Tarom Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia
Points are generally worth from $0.005 to $0.02 when redeemed, but Delta SkyMiles are worth $0.012. You can redeem your SkyMiles for merchandise, gift cards, and experiences, at the Delta SkyMiles MarketPlace.
Though minimum redemptions are lower for these options (about 2,000 miles), your miles will be worth less than $0.01 apiece when redeemed at the MarketPlace.
Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Cardholder Benefits
Get useful travel benefits with the Amex Gold Delta SkyMiles Business. Some benefits for non-Delta flights include 24/7 global assistance, complimentary loss and damage insurance for rental cars, 24/7 roadside assistance, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Here are some notable Delta-related travel benefits for frequent Delta flyers:
20% Off In-Flight Purchases: Receive a 20% discount on all in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit when using your Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card.
Discount Delta Sky Club Access: Get two discounted airport lounge passes to Delta Sky Club which means one for you and one for your companion. Passes are normally $59 and but right now, the discounted price is $29. Regarding this current offer, this is worth a total savings of $60 per trip. Also, the Delta Sky Club has one best airport lounge benefits you can find, so relax and enjoy!
Priority Boarding: Receive priority boarding prior to the general group on all your Delta flights.
One Free Checked Bag: Get your first checked bag free on Delta flights. This is normally $25 per one-way segment.
No Foreign Transaction Fees: Travel and earn miles outside the U.S. without paying a foreign transaction fee.
With the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express, you will be able to earn a great welcome offer without worry about an annual fee for the first year of your account opening! From all the benefits that Delta has to offer, this card would make traveling more enjoyable, so, if you’re a frequent flyer with Delta, this card may just be the ideal card for you!
Please provide feedback in the comment section below by telling us your thoughts and experience with this card. Be sure to visit BankDealGuy for more credit card promotions.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Alternative Credit Cards Options
If you aren’t necessarily a customer of Delta Airlines, then here are some other cards you may consider looking into that also have good bonus offers and exclusive benefits but with more flexibility. These include Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card and Capital One Sparks Miles for Business.
The Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card offers 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You'll earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year; 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn. Furthermore, points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee but does not have any foreign transaction fees.
The Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card offers $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase made for your business and you'll receive employee cards at no additional cost.
This card carries no annual fee and you'll have the opportunity to take advantage of a 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses out of all the big banks. Read up and enjoy several promotions for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC has some big value offers available for their Checking accounts. Some require hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Huntington has Consumer Checking and Business Checking accounts available throughout the year.
• Discover Bank Bonuses. As an online bank, Discover offers high and competitive rates on their Savings, CD, and Money Market accounts. Enjoy excellent customer service nationwide.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Community Business Checking||$200 Cash||Review|